Frederik Andersen is a top 10 goalie in the NHL

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You have to also look at the teams. Andersen outperformed Fluery last year easily on a far far worse defensive team. Yes Fluery from a couple years ago is a better goalie....but it isn't a couple years ago. I just don't think there is anyway that in the scenario that the Leafs replace Andersen with Fluery that things turn out as good.

That's actually not true, the Penguins were pretty bad defensively last year and they haven't been good defensively since Sullivan became the coach.

I don't think the Leafs would have much of a change if Fleury replaced Andersen, outside of Fleury being injury prone with his concussion issues. Many of the concerns with Fleury were squashed with last year's playoffs. I think both goalies are absolute workhorses who can give you 65 games at above average levels, and can be good enough for you to win a cup with.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Freddy A is good
Goaltending is no longer an issue in TO.
All the pieces are falling into place (#1G, Rielly stepping up and becoming a #1D) that the Leaf haters are running out of things to bitch about.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
You also said Mcbackup was an NHL average backup which is just not the case
Yes he is. He's 48th in save percentage this season among goalies with 4+ starts.(eliminate miniscule playing time)

31 starters.
Meaning he's the 17th ranked backup.

17th out of 31 backups is the definition of average.
Thus, an average NHL backup.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
no I am looking at the vast majority of his career which other than last season, has been by NHL standards garbage, he has now reverted back to that

Look at the last couple seasons. He's been okay. Pickard is better. We are pretty good when it comes to goaltending.

Every team has holes, ours is shots against. We are just as good as any team.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
umm

early in the season many leaf fans were calling him the worst goalie ever.

this is why you don't jump the gun.

Reactions: BHD

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Here we go. Guy posts in a thread that upsets him just to hear himself talk.

He's got a valid point.

It's unreal how many people were crapping all over Andersen a few weeks ago, I clearly remember some leaf fan with the DBZ avatar calling him the worst goalie in the league.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I have a really tough time imagining how you'd argue that Andersen is better than Crawford, Talbot or Lundqvist, and I think Fleury and Andersen are very comparable.

Fleury, Andersen, Luongo, Jones, Rinne...I think you can put all of these guys in any order in the 10-15 range and have it be correct.

Here is my argument:

NHL.com - Stats

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
My favourite part is the OP at least posted a valid sample size and smartasses in here do the "Oh he had a good game" shtick.

I get it. We aren't the internet darlings, the Hurricanes. Don't be mad when we post something positive. "But, but we see it too much." Well then get more than 20 fans and maybe you'll have more threads about your team when something nice happens.

#centroftheuniverse

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
he has some really high peaks and some really low valleys. he's kinda inconsistent but overall he's about 10-15th in the league

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He's got a valid point.

It's unreal how many people were crapping all over Andersen a few weeks ago, I clearly remember some leaf fan with the DBZ avatar calling him the worst goalie in the league.

That's nothing

By the end of October half the fan base wanted to waive him

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
My favourite part is the OP at least posted a valid sample size and smartasses in here do the "Oh he had a good game" shtick.

I get it. We aren't the internet darlings, the Hurricanes. Don't be mad when we post something positive. "But, but we see it too much." Well then get more than 20 fans and maybe you'll have more threads about your team when something nice happens.

#centroftheuniverse

14 games is “valid sample size”?

The rest of your post is like just about everything else Leafs related on this board; cringe.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
He's got a valid point.

Give it time. I'm sure they'll change their minds again :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad