Frederik Andersen is a top 10 goalie in the NHL

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Yeah I’ve seen you post this like 5 times now, but that’s not what the OP presented.

[mod]

What's your point.

I provided proof he is a top 10 goalie over the past couple seasons.

[mod] the stats I provided...

Good sample size, top 10 goalie. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
What's your point.

There is your proof he is a top 10 goalie over the past couple seasons.

Good sample size, top 10 goalie. Period.

My point is that what you presented to me has next to nothing to do with my post. Period.

The poster I quoted did not claim A1LeafNation presented a good sample size, they claimed the OP did.

If the OP had presented the sample size you did instead of just 14 cherry picked games then this thread might not be such a dumpster fire.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
A little bitter there Sabres fan?

Not at all. Freddy as your goalie makes me sleep easier at night because he' no better or worse than lehner. Both teams need better net minders. Only difference is most sabres fans admit it while leafs fans are already buying cup winning t shirts for xmas gifts. I guess it's a confidence thing...if it makes yall feel better cool...enjoy doesn't change my sleep patterns...

Reactions: Scorcho

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
My point is that what you presented to me has next to nothing to do with my post. Period.

The poster I quoted did not claim A1LeafNation presented a good sample size, they claimed the OP did.

So then..Where was your comprehension between the op and the stats I provided...

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Not at all. Freddy as your goalie makes me sleep easier at night because he' no better or worse than lehner. Both teams need better net minders. Only difference is most sabres fans admit it while leafs fans are already buying cup winning t shirts for xmas gifts. I guess it's a confidence thing...if it makes yall feel better cool...enjoy doesn't change my sleep patterns...
Please don't compare Andersen and the leafs to Lehner and that shit show of a team you guys have down the QEW.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Sabre fans admit it do they? are your sure? because I have been saying Lehner isn't a #1 for 2 years and your fan base insisted I was wrong.

As it turns out I wasn't but I was told countless times I was wrong

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He needs to be more consistent before I could rank him that high. He's there statistically at the moment, but let's see him do it over a season before jumping to any conclusions. His career numbers aren't exactly stellar.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
So then..Where was your comprehension between the op and the stats I provided...

What exactly does your sample size have to do with the claim that the OP’s 14 cherrypicked games was a “valid sample size”?

I get that the sample size you presented shows Andersen has top top ten stats for a longer time period. That still doesn’t make the 14 cherry picked games presented by the OP from this season a “valid sample size”.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
He needs to be more consistent before I could rank him that high. He's there statistically at the moment, but let's see him do it over a season before jumping to any conclusions. His career numbers aren't exactly stellar.

Top 8 for starters over the last couple seasons. How about now:

NHL.com - Stats

Reactions: 95

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Can’t dismiss his terrible October’s because that could sink a team early, but he’s been absolutely stellar since. He will get the respect he deserves if he finishes the season like he’s playing now.

Of course there will be some cold streaks but he has to limit them and shorten their length.

I also don’t think Rask is a top 10 goalie anymore.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
One of the worst October goalies in the league these past couple of seasons, but makes up for it with elite play for most of the rest of the season, and looks like he can be a very good playoff goalie too.

I don't care if people here think he's top 10 or not. I'm just happy knowing the Leafs finally have their guy in net after so many years of crap in that regard.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
#12 over the last 3 seasons, #18 over the last 4. Trending decently but this season's tiny sample size means little thus far.

Top 10 while in Toronto. #18 over 4 seasons includes goalies who have played 50 games over 4 seasons. Lol

Goalies who played at least 160 games over 4 seasons:

NHL.com - Stats

Yup still top 10.

Top 5 over last 3 seasons, min gp 120:

NHL.com - Stats

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomos2 and 95

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
There weren't many leafs fans calling him the worst goalie ever. Keep exaggerating though. Nobody believes you.

NHL.com - Stats
Here's the condensed version of the stat line from the above line.

50th Frederik Andersen 2017-18 TOR G 16 3.25

Andersen is absolute worst goalie in the league with a GAA of 3.25. That is 50th - the worst! According to that stat.

Then why has Babcock basically played him every single game except the back to back? Andersen leads the league in starts!

Seems pretty obvious to me. The inflated GA, they are looking at the team for that, and specifically the forwards.

The goalie, the D top 4 guys and Borgman, basically played every single game

- Polaris1010

He's not the top goalie in the league, but he's an above average starter and he's the best we've had since Belfour. Period.

He's averageish with extreme bouts of inconsistency.

I don't think he's a goalie we can win a cup with to be completely honest. I wasn't particularly impressed with his performance vs Washington last year either. To quote Randy Carlyle "He was ok. Just ok"

Mediocre at best, can't say a goalie who gives up 4 goals/game for a month top 10 goalie. The way he finished last season, he's bound to have another off month which is going to hurt the team yet again. Lets just say he is mediocre in between 12-20 range.

He's mediocre, and that's fine by me. I will give up 10 points on his SV% for the 5,5 less than Price he's getting.

Andersen is a problem. I know.
- Thewave

This is what really kills me about Toronto hockey. Andersen has been one of the worst goalies in the league so far, but....
- Zeke

Andersen is the worst goalie in the NHL in the shootout. Not even close.

As you can see, I'm not BSing you, there's 3 example of leaf fans calling him the worst ever + countless calling him average.

Suddenly he's top 5-10? what?

You act like I have an agenda, I'm just telling you what I've seen posted on these forums, and there's countless more messages of people crapping on andersen.

These are ALL leaf fans, you're welcome to check yourself, @ViewsFromThe6ix

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
He’s still average, and the post you quoted me on is still true. He’s hot right now but Until he can do this for a while season, he’s still on that 2nd tier.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
He’s still average, and the post you quoted me on is still true. He’s hot right now but Until he can do this for a while season, he’s still on that 2nd tier.

Yep, there's nothing wrong with that, I have nothing against the guy, he's a solid goalie.

I just don't like to be called out on BS, clearly people HAVE been trashing the poor guy, glad he's turned it around.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Lol is this dude really comparing Anderson to Lehner? :laugh::laugh:

naruto

Nov 13, 2017

Honestly, Sabres fans need to admit that thier whole team sucks, not just Lehner. Including Eichel and Risto. Yikes, you guys going for another rebuild or what? Gonna take a long time to clean that garbage up, eh?

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
- Polaris1010

- Thewave

- Zeke

As you can see, I'm not BSing you, there's 3 example of leaf fans calling him the worst ever + countless calling him average.

Suddenly he's top 5-10? what?

You act like I have an agenda, I'm just telling you what I've seen posted on these forums, and there's countless more messages of people crapping on andersen.

These are ALL leaf fans, you're welcome to check yourself, @ViewsFromThe6ix
are you implying that hockey fans are irrational when their players are struggling?

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Ya im not saying hes a bad goalie just funny how fast the narritive changed lol. Thats big markets for ya
I guess you haven’t watched him play too much. He’s won half the games he played in almost single handedly.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
I know this is silly to do but if you remove October from Andersen's two years as a Leaf these are his stats:

2016: 31-14-11, 0.922 SV%, 4 shutouts
2016 Playoffs: 2-4-0, 0.915 SV%
2017: 10-3-1 , 0.942 SV%, 2 shutouts
Total: 43-21-2, 0.925 SV%, 6 shutouts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->