HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Since November 1st, Andersen is:

10-3-1
0.944SV%
2.07GAA

Those are elite numbers. The narrative about Andersen has been "he can't carry a starter's workload" but he's on pace to start 68 games this year. And he proved it last year starting 66 games for the Leafs.

After being an issue in Toronto for years, the goaltending situation is finally solved

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
There are quite a few top 10 goalies then.

It isn't bad to be an averge NHL goalie. Even a poor NHL goalie is damn good.

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
He's not a top-10 goalie in the NHL, quite easily not. He's an average starting goalie and that's all the Leafs need, I don't know why we can't just leave it at that.
Except he's not average. Leads the league in shutouts. Top 10 in the NHL in SV% after tonight's game. 3rd in wins. How's he average?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Since November 1st, Andersen is:

10-3-1
0.944SV%
2.07GAA

Those are elite numbers. The narrative about Andersen has been "he can't carry a starter's workload" but he's on pace to start 68 games this year. And he proved it last year starting 66 games for the Leafs.

After being an issue in Toronto for years, the goaltending situation is finally solved

Correction the starting goalie issue is solved the fact remains if he goes down this team is VERY VERY f***ed because the backup situation isn't good enough

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Except he's not average. Leads the league in shutouts. Top 10 in the NHL in SV% after tonight's game. 3rd in wins. How's he average?

Because there are about 10-12 goalies better than him in the NHL? Off the top of my head, I'd say Rask, Crawford, Bobrovsky, Talbot, Dubnyk, Price, Schneider, Lundqvist, Murray, Holtby, Quick and Fleury are better than Andersen. That puts him at around 13, which I think most people would say is fair for Andersen.

Saying Andersen is average isn't an insult, he's a good starting goalie and he's definitely someone you can win with. Would it be better if I said above average? Because I have him in the 10-15 range, I think him and Fleury are very comparable.

HarrisonFord

Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Because there are about 10-12 goalies better than him in the NHL? Off the top of my head, I'd say Rask, Crawford, Bobrovsky, Talbot, Dubnyk, Price, Schneider, Lundqvist, Murray, Holtby, Quick and Fleury are better than Andersen. That puts him at around 13, which I think most people would say is fair for Andersen.
The bolded are nopes (Lundqvist career-wise is obviously way better), and I'd say that Quick and Dubnyk are debatable

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Oh how bi polar is Toronto. In the start of the year he was the reason they were losing now hes the saviour.

Why can't this be true?

He was AWFUL to start the year and now he's God tier, the true Andy likely lies in between which is a solid top 10 goalie.

I don't think any of us expect him to continue 944+, if we can just get him some more goals, his margin of error would be greater.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The bolded are nopes (Lundqvist career-wise is obviously way better), and I'd say that Quick and Dubnyk are debatable

I have a really tough time imagining how you'd argue that Andersen is better than Crawford, Talbot or Lundqvist, and I think Fleury and Andersen are very comparable.

Fleury, Andersen, Luongo, Jones, Rinne...I think you can put all of these guys in any order in the 10-15 range and have it be correct.

Reactions: iSophagus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad