Confirmed with Link: Francis out as GM - Don Waddell named GM 5/8/18

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Ron Francis rolling his eyes on the golf course, to classy of a person to talk to the media and let them know what exactly is going on
with Carolina. Wish he could have one interview with Elliot Friedman and let everyone know about an owner that doesn't have a
clue about anything hockey related but he will take the advise of Mike Liut who gave him advise as a player. Take the high road.

Ron Francis was the second best GM in his own front office, and Dundon now has 70 combined years of NHL experience to help him make decisions. Get over it.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Ron Francis rolling his eyes on the golf course, to classy of a person to talk to the media and let them know what exactly is going on
with Carolina. Wish he could have one interview with Elliot Friedman and let everyone know about an owner that doesn't have a
clue about anything hockey related but he will take the advise of Mike Liut who gave him advise as a player. Take the high road.

Hot take of the day. Do we have any challengers?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
RiverFront. Hmmm, makes you think.

Well, the vast majority of his posts seem to be in the Soo Greyhounds thread...

9aa.png

Hey, Ronnie, we still love you as a player. No hard feelings.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Well, the vast majority of his posts seem to be in the Soo Greyhounds thread...

9aa.png

Hey, Ronnie, we still love you as a player. No hard feelings.

Francis is from SSM and played there in juniors - if it wasn't clear to others. Interesting context but could just be a local fanboy.

If "having a clue about hockey" is how the Canes ended up paying $16 million to Scott Darling and $6 million to Marcus Kruger then I'm more than willing to see what "not having a clue" looks like.

It's impressive Mr. Moody wrote that long of a "breaking news" article while providing zero additional information or viewpoint. Disappointing to see a N&O article now just Tweet-splaining what is obvious.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Francis is from SSM and played there in juniors - if it wasn't clear to others. Interesting context but could just be a local fanboy.

If "having a clue about hockey" is how the Canes ended up paying $16 million to Scott Darling and $6 million to Marcus Kruger then I'm more than willing to see what "not having a clue" looks like.

Let's be fair. Chicago paid $2M of the $3.475 this past season as they paid the signing bonus and next year it's only $2.3M. I thought it was a good move at the time, which unfortunately didn't work out.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Let's be fair. Chicago paid $2M of the $3.475 this past season as they paid the signing bonus and next year it's only $2.3M. I thought it was a good move at the time, which unfortunately didn't work out.

Plus, it was also probably required for us to take him as part of the payment for losing very little at the Expansion draft and then getting TVR. Looking at Kruger in a vacuum is not a fair assessment.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Talking has never been RF's thing. I've barely seen him crack a smile.
I think this may have been one of the issues for TD, as a major emphasis of his business style is communication.
As for O'Niell, I have never heard him mention the Canes since he left, except for the few times he had something to criticize. He has never been proud of his affiliation with this franchise. Every pic he uses of himself as a player he's always in TML gear.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
We all think Columbus has a good GM right? He traded his 1st last year a 2019 2nd, and David Clarkson and his abomination of a contract for Vegas to select a guy that scored 43 goals this year. That was, uh, ill advised.

And the guy swung that fleecing deal from Vegas is the same dipshit that traded Forseberg for Erat.

Long story short, you can’t judge a GM by one or two whiffs, because they ALL have some big ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: