Value of: Fowler to MTL

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I can't see this situation playing out in any favorable way for Anaheim. The longer they wait the less they get in my opinion. That said as a Sabres fan I don't think it's a good decision for the Sabres to give up the assets necessary to obtain Fowler. And I can't see Montreal doing it either. Dallas maybe. Detroit won't make a trade unless they win it by a considerable margin. Edmonton is a wild card, who the hell knows what the would do.

mytduxfan*

I think being a Ducks fan is the reason you're over valuing Anaheim's #3 dman.

He's a poor mans # 2 at best.

Sergachev > Fowler.

I think being a clueless stat watcher who doesn't realise how good Fowler is and how instrumental he's been to ANAs success is the reason you're under-valuing and under-rating Fowler. He's comfortably a #2 who has looked like a #1 (CHI series last year) and #3 (NSH series this year) for short stretches.

Good luck with Sergachev. Hopefully he turns out good for you. :D (not jealous)

mytduxfan*

I can't see this situation playing out in any favorable way for Anaheim. The longer they wait the less they get in my opinion. That said as a Sabres fan I don't think it's a good decision for the Sabres to give up the assets necessary to obtain Fowler. And I can't see Montreal doing it either. Dallas maybe. Detroit won't make a trade unless they win it by a considerable margin. Edmonton is a wild card, who the hell knows what the would do.

Huh? How'd you come to that conclusion?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd love Fowler. I think he would be better fit with Weber than Beaulieu or Markov. However, it would have to be in a situation where Anaheim wants to shed salary, because Montreal can't afford to shed on the roster talent.

Unless, Anaheim is interested in physicality. Could be Emelin + for him. I'm sure Randy Carlyle would love Emelin!

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'd love Fowler. I think he would be better fit with Weber than Beaulieu or Markov. However, it would have to be in a situation where Anaheim wants to shed salary, because Montreal can't afford to shed on the roster talent.

Unless, Anaheim is interested in physicality. Could be Emelin + for him. I'm sure Randy Carlyle would love Emelin!

Emelin + :shakehead

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California

Ducks would be looking to get a forward in a deal for Fowler

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Why are you using that emoticon? It's two top 4 defensemen, making similar salary with different styles. It's not like trades haven't happened where teams are looking for different elements and swap players like this.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Why are you using that emoticon? It's two top 4 defensemen, making similar salary with different styles. It's not like trades haven't happened where teams are looking for different elements and swap players like this.
Fowler is a lot better than Emelin. I'm pretty sure even Buffalo fans would agree to that.
What is the + then? Going to guess it's Andrighetto or something similar.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Ducks would be looking to get a forward in a deal for Fowler

Fair enough. Can't imagine a team as thin on offense as Montreal would move a forward. Unless, there was someone from the farm, or a prospect Bob Murray thinks is ready to make the jump.

Maybe, someone like Scherbak or Hudon who are ready for the NHL but might not get a shot this year. Obviously, a pick or another player would be added. Anaheim sheds salary, and gets a forward. Risk, for sure. But that's what GM's make the big bucks for!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Fowler is a lot better than Emelin. I'm pretty sure even Buffalo fans would agree to that.
What is the + then? Going to guess it's Andrighetto or something similar.

What do Buffalo fans have to do with anything? Andrighetto, would definitely be on the table for me personally.

mytduxfan*

So your idea of a good deal is one where we don't address our need for reliable scoring, we only improve your roster, we treat Fowler as a dump (not an good quality, cheap, top pairing D-man), and we move him to shed salary in a deal brings back more salary. :shakehead Clueless, ****ing clueless.

Emelin @ 4.1M for Fowler at 4M does not help us shed salary. :facepalm: You can't even get a **** deal right.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Fair enough. Can't imagine a team as thin on offense as Montreal would move a forward. Unless, there was someone from the farm, or a prospect Bob Murray thinks is ready to make the jump.

Maybe, someone like Scherbak or Hudon who are ready for the NHL but might not get a shot this year. Obviously, a pick or another player would be added. Anaheim sheds salary, and gets a forward. Risk, for sure. But that's what GM's make the big bucks for!

I wouldn't say Scherbak is ready, Hudon is but there may not be a spot for him on Montreal yet. I'd rather not move him, I'd like to see him as a Hab this year at some point.

Emelin + Hudon ~for~ Fowler?

They'd have to really like Hudon and think he's ready. I doubt it would be the best offer on the table for Fowler.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
So your idea of a good deal is one where we don't address our need for reliable scoring, we only improve your roster, we treat Fowler as a dump (not an good quality, cheap, top pairing D-man), and we move him to shed salary in a deal brings back more salary. :shakehead Clueless, ****ing clueless.

Emelin @ 4.1M for Fowler at 4M does not help us shed salary. :facepalm: You can't even get a **** deal right.

I didn't pretend to understand Anaheim's needs. I don't believe I presented my post as such. I was simply spit balling stuff that would work for Montreal, the team I know more about.

Rather than facepalming, and acting like you know everything about every team; structure a post for discussion.

Another posted mentioned Andrighetto. This is a player that's ready for top 6 time but Montreal's coach is not his biggest supporter and flips him around in the line up all the time. Perhaps something with him included (not as the centre piece but starting point).

mytduxfan*

Fine, I agree. There is no deal to be had because your need is our need. So just say "there is no deal" rather then coming up with a "you take our crap for your good player" deal. It's just insulting.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Fine, I agree. There is no deal to be had because your need is our need. So just say "there is no deal" rather then coming up with a "you take our crap for your good player" deal. It's just insulting.

Our need is a mobile top 4 defenseman that can play with Weber. The forward position, while thin, is set. There are 5 top 6 players and a spot for a bunch of youth to battle for.

mytduxfan*

Huh? When is the last time Detroit traded anything with any significant value? It literally never happens

DET never makes big trades period because they've had the same core for over a decade and preferred to draft talent through/sign guys from FA. However, the fact they haven't been in this position recently does not mean they won't make a trade unless they get a lopsided deal. That's such unfounded nonsense.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
DET never makes big trades period because they've had the same core for over a decade and preferred to draft talent through/sign guys from FA. However, the fact they haven't been in this position recently does not mean they won't make a trade unless they get a lopsided deal. That's such unfounded nonsense.

Whatever. The bottom line is they won't trade with you. Until I see Ken Holland do something that's not Ken Holland like I won't believe it. It's the same **** year after year. And after yesterday I think it's pretty obvious it's not changing

mytduxfan*

I wouldn't say Scherbak is ready, Hudon is but there may not be a spot for him on Montreal yet. I'd rather not move him, I'd like to see him as a Hab this year at some point.

Emelin + Hudon ~for~ Fowler?

They'd have to really like Hudon and think he's ready. I doubt it would be the best offer on the table for Fowler.

Awful. Fowler is a #2D.

I didn't pretend to understand Anaheim's needs. I don't believe I presented my post as such. I was simply spit balling stuff that would work for Montreal, the team I know more about.

Rather than facepalming, and acting like you know everything about every team; structure a post for discussion.

Another posted mentioned Andrighetto. This is a player that's ready for top 6 time but Montreal's coach is not his biggest supporter and flips him around in the line up all the time. Perhaps something with him included (not as the centre piece but starting point).

We don't want Ghetto. You want Fowler, our top pairing D-man, we'd want Galchenyuk. You're weak at forward though, so it's a no deal. We're not taking lesser pieces for our top guys.

Watch the insults buddy.

You make insulting offers, I bite back. I expect you to do the same. Bieksa + 2nd for Gallagher. That's how awful that offer was.

Our need is a mobile top 4 defenseman that can play with Weber. The forward position, while thin, is set. There are 5 top 6 players and a spot for a bunch of youth to battle for.

Well Fowler is a #2. He's going to cost one your top 6.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Oh and this isn't some new situation. Detroit has need defensive help since Lidstrom retired

mytduxfan*

Whatever. The bottom line is they won't trade with you. Until I see Ken Holland do something that's not Ken Holland like I won't believe it. It's the same **** year after year. And after yesterday I think it's pretty obvious it's not changing

Well they're overloaded with forwards and need a D-man. I'm gonna assume they're looking to move a forward for a D-man. We need a top 6 LW, they need a top pairing D-man. Based on that, I have no doubt KH and BM are at least talking. You saying "they won't trade with you", as if you somehow know, doesn't make it true.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Awful. Fowler is a #2D.

We don't want Ghetto. You want Fowler, our top pairing D-man, we'd want Galchenyuk. You're weak at forward though, so it's a no deal. We're not taking lesser pieces for our top guys.

You make insulting offers, I bite back. I expect you to do the same. Bieksa + 2nd for Gallagher. That's how awful that offer was.

Well Fowler is a #2. He's going to cost one your top 6.

Why say something you obviously know will be absurd?

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Well they're overloaded with forwards and need a D-man. I'm gonna assume they're looking to move a forward for a D-man. We need a top 6 LW, they need a top pairing D-man. Based on that, I have no doubt KH and BM are at least talking. You saying "they won't trade with you", as if you somehow know, doesn't make it true.

Prior history is the best predictor of future results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad