Value of: Fowler to MTL

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if they're saying that Emelin is the basis of a trade for Fowler, that they aren't very reliable. That doesn't make sense at all.

Possible. I'm not inclined to trust it either. Just relaying an article on the subject of Fowler to Habs.

Although it doesn't surprise me if Ducks are interested in Emelin. He's a hard hitting LD who can carry the puck out and make a good pass to relaunch the attack.

Oct 18, 2011
the ducks have their own emelin...stoner

move on habs fans, your spare parts dont get you a no.2 or 3 dman

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Possible. I'm not inclined to trust it either. Just relaying an article on the subject of Fowler to Habs.

Although it doesn't surprise me if Ducks are interested in Emelin. He's a hard hitting LD who can carry the puck out and make a good pass to relaunch the attack.

We literally have no use for Emelin.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015

these are the ducks LHD
lindholm
fowler
depres
theodore
stoner

where do you see emelin fitting?

mytduxfan*

It's precisely why every thread between Anaheim and Buffalo turned into a giant pissing match. They've set the price astronomically high for Fowler. Fowler for Galchenyuk would be highway robbery for Anaheim. The reason Montreal wouldn't do it has nothing to do with "a lack of depth" it's god awful value for Montreal.

Galchenyuk fits our needs... Never said it was fair value. In fact, I knew what the answer would be, so I didn't ask for it. MTL, BUF and EDM fans should do the same with these Emelin+, Ennis+, Yak+ offers. If that's the best being offered, we'll just keep Fowler. I suspect much, much better is being put on the table.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

It would surprise me. Emelin is just as expensive as Fowler, and the worse player. Aside from the hard hitting part, Fowler can do both of those things, and better. He's also far less productive, and will be a UFA after the next two seasons.

So, really, what's the point? It makes zero sense. And this is one of those times where that statement isn't hyperbole. It makes zero sense.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Beaulieu
Emelin
De La Rose
1st round pick'17

For

Fowler
Despres
Draft pick

That way teams don't have to worry about protecting players for the expansion as Markov will be an UFA and Ducks full out their defense.... Also free up cap space for a cap budget team. Plus get a 1st and Prospect with De La Rose. Montreal kind of takes a risk in Despres based on his health with concussions and such.

Lindholm Vatanen
Beaulieu Theodore
Emelin Bieska
Manson Stoner

Fowler Weber
Markov Petry
Despres Pateryn
Barberio

Last edited:

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
My guess, it would take a whole lot more than what's being offered right now to get Fowler.

The closest I think we can get, especially since we have to include Emelin in the deal (which is a negative for Anaheim) would be a package like: McCarron, De La Rose, Emelin and Condon for Fowler. And considering ANA is most likely looking for young players with MORE experience than McCarron and De La Rose, I'm not even sure that would cut it at this point.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Beaulieu
Emelin
De La Rose
1st round pick'17

For

Fowler
Despres
Draft pick

That way teams don't have to worry about protecting players for the expansion as Markov will be an UFA and Ducks full out their defense.... Also free up cap space for a cap budget team. Plus get a 1st and Prospect with De La Rose. Montreal kind of takes a risk in Despres based on his health with concussions and such.

Lindholm Vatanen
Beaulieu Theodore
Emelin Bieska
Manson Stoner

Fowler Weber
Markov Petry
Despres Pateryn
Barberio

How many times does it need to be said. The ducks don't want any defenseman back. Let alone 2. If the ducks trade Fowler it's gonna be for offensive help.

Last edited:

btlaffin

Deathbat
Jun 30, 2013
Beaulieu
Emelin
De La Rose
1st round pick'17

For

Fowler
Despres
Draft pick

Lindholm Vatanen
Beaulieu Theodore
Emelin Bieska
Manson Stoner

Fowler Weber
Markov Petry
Despres Pateryn
Barberio

The ducks have 6 forwards under contract right now that can play. Why the hell would they trade 2 defensemen for 2 other defensemen? That isn't even an upgrade! I would rather keep Fowler/Despres (who was our best defensive pairing just 2 seasons ago). We don't need to "fill out our defense." We've got Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Despres, Stoner, Vatanen, Bieksa, and Theodore with Montour and Larsson knocking at the door soon.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
My guess, it would take a whole lot more than what's being offered right now to get Fowler.

The closest I think we can get, especially since we have to include Emelin in the deal (which is a negative for Anaheim) would be a package like: McCarron, De La Rose, Emelin and Condon for Fowler. And considering ANA is most likely looking for young players with MORE experience than McCarron and De La Rose, I'm not even sure that would cut it at this point.

The Ducks flat out can't take Emelin back in a deal for Fowler, PERIOD. Mccarron would be a nice piece, but if there is no top 6 winger in the deal it doesn't work.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler would fit great with Montreal unfortunately our needs would make a big hole for them on their roster, and we're not in rebuild so we make awful trade partners. Montreal isn't exactly in a place to move a top 6 forward

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
https://hockey30.com/nouvelles/berg...-autre-élément-significatif-pour-cam-fowler

It's in French. Don't know how reliable they are, but they say that Bergevin and Murray are having a lot of talks regarding Fowler. The discussions include Emelin and another element. They say they don't know who that element is (roster player, prospect or future draft pick).

But Ducks and Habs have been talking Emelin/Fowler since for over a year. But with Emelin's NMC, it was hard. But now that it's a modified NMC, Anaheim could be a team he'd accept a trade to.

If these talks have been going on for long and are still going now, the Ducks are surely interested in Emelin. I think the hang up is what the extra piece the Ducks want and what the Habs are willing to give up.
The problem with Fowler is he will likely walk after 1 year

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Unless the Habs are offering a young forward prospect + a 1st......I don't see this happening

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Late to the party, but if Fowler is so important to the Ducks, why is there so much smoke about trading him?? Is this a $$$ thing with the Ducks?

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Late to the party, but if Fowler is so important to the Ducks, why is there so much smoke about trading him?? Is this a $$$ thing with the Ducks?

Pretty Sure if he's moved it is to make room for Lindholm. And if he's moved they will need young forwards with offensive potential. For MTL think Scherbak, Hudon, Lehkonen..... then add in a 1st (likely).

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

We're looking for a top 6 LW. He's the only piece we can afford to trade that will get that for us.

If we needed to make total salary dumps there are 4-5 other guys that should go first.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
How many times does it need to be said. The ducks don't want any defenseman back. Let alone 2.if the ducks trade Fowler it's gonna be for offensive help.

Lol!

Fowler for Emelin, Beaulieu, Markov, Pateryn, and Barberio.

Because reasonz.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012

Two things.. it isn't really about money right now. He's on a generous 4M for two seasons. One problem is he won't make sense to re-sign by that time when Theodore and Montour burst onto the scene. There's a log jam at the position.

The main issue is they currently have 8 NHL defenders: Lindholm, Vatanen, Fowler, Despres, Manson, Stoner, Bieksa, Theodore. Then there's Montour ready in 1 year at a maximum, and Jacob Larsson a 1st round pick with high potential.

There's also only 10 forwards signed. So trading a F for a D is an absolute necessity before the season, and to prevent hindering the growth of players like Theodore/Montour there needs to be room for them to play. Theodore really is the real deal, he was so mature as a rookie last season and chewed some decent minutes.

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
I bet the guy creating the Emelin rumor took a look at generalfanager and realized the only way a deal works is with Emelin's salary going back to Anaheim. If rumors were true and there was a deal around the 1st pick Montreal had this year would any Ducks fans make a hypothetical

Emelin + Sergachev for Fowler swap.

Even though it doesn't fill your needs you would be able to retain Sergachev long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: