Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Won 4 playoff rounds and missed the playoffs 7 times. He wishes he was Doc.

As a Clippers fan, Doc couldn't push the Clippers further than Vinny Del Negro in the playoffs. Doc lives his coaching reputation due to having a trifecta of top tier talent late in his Boston coaching career. Uber talent carried Doc, not the other way around. The very next season after Doc left the Clips, Lue took the Clips to the Western Conf Finals twice in three years.

Apparently, that problem for Doc not getting past the 2nd round with the Clips still rings true with the Philadelphia. Also, Doc was practicing nepotism by playing his son over better talented players while with the Clips. Doc in Clippers land was, in the delightful words of Sir Charles Barkley, "Turrible!"

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm about to dust off The Show.

The Show leaves every other sports game/ultimate team mode behind. There's no card unbalancing. Your grind is always rewarded. You don't feel like there's always BS happening with the connection with animations/speed delay. It's pretty much just all game skill.

tinycars

Nov 23, 2023
Has there been any word if/when he is going to get called up to play for the Ducks?

I don't know how these things work.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Drysdale will be fine I think. I don’t think he was asked to do much in Anaheim and Torts’s system is pretty demanding so he is going to take some time.

He isn’t the biggest guy and was in the NHL as a teenager. Injuries hampered him but his skating, iq and vision are very good. He is only 21.

I’m with you.... he will be a good one. Pair him with a solid stay at home LHD and that is a great piece to a top 4 D core

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
His draft lists are much more tolerable but these are always all over the map, likely because of the age differences and he clearly doesn't value it.

Off the top of my head his past #1's included Justin Schultz, Max Domi, Kravtsov/Denisenko (had them 1/2 forget the order). I'm sure he had a hit or two, but his track record of pegging the top guy post draft isn't great.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That’s tough to see. This Franchise is cursed. Really hope Drysdale takes some major steps but even at his max we likely lost this trade.

I mean...Button is kind of a moron. Theres not a chance in hell Gauthier is a better prospect than Michkov.

Michkov has a better chance at scoring 120 points in the NHL than Gauthier has at 80.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad