Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
So to appease any high draft pick, the Flyers should remove the coach, minor coach, GM and President?

It doesn't matter about his history, it matters what he has currently done and try to strong-arm the organization...it doesn't sit well and would be a distraction in the locker-room. Look at the Elvis situation in Columbus, he wants the starter position no matter what, because he thinks he deserves it...what a $hitshow.
Not necessarily to appease a high draft pick, but yes.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Can probably blame Tortorella in some part for three players leaving the Flyers: Hayes, DeAngelo, and Gauthier. He's made things challenging for Sanheim, Frost, Farabee, Zamula, and Brink and I wouldn't be surprised if any of them eventually requested a trade. At some point, you have to choose the players over coaches and managers.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Can probably blame Tortorella in some part for three players leaving the Flyers: Hayes, DeAngelo, and Gauthier. He's made things challenging for Sanheim, Frost, Farabee, Zamula, and Brink and I wouldn't be surprised if any of them eventually requested a trade. At some point, you have to choose the players over coaches and managers.
I don’t miss Hayes and I definitely don’t miss DeAngelo. Gauthier may be a blessing in disguise as the guy is coming off as a selfish prick. I think the only guy who really got the screws put to him was Frost. I think I am missing something with Sanheim.

He pushed some buttons with Zamula and Farabee but both guys are playing great hockey right now. Brink’s game has been up and down this season so I get his benching. I just don’t agree with who draws in for him many nights.

Reactions: renberg and scumpup

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
While the process can still be terrible, RIGHT NOW, the Flyers are playing well, and are projecting only to improve. Right now I'm just enjoying the ride. Team hasn't looked this good/complete in a LOOOOOOONG time, AND WE STILL don't have Michkov or a 1D or 1C.

Messaging from the team is that they're NOT adding at the deadline, and looking to sell. Things are going well, even though the old problems still remain.

nacc BLOCC

Apr 16, 2019
Nah, he is a Penguins lover and his dad influenced his decision moreso than Flyers management "fumbling" it.

you shoulda said that first!

classic case of penguins fan son letting his dad edge him onto the anaheim ducks. this whole thing had a fowl odor from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: FromOyVey2Matvei

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
What is the thing with this "Jimmy Saul Goodman" guy on X? He was spot on with Gauthier not wanting to stay here and constantly bashes Flyers MGMT. He's also saying TK, Tips and Hart want also out. The way he tweets he clearly has connections to the Hayes/Gauthier area. I mean winning can change a lot of things but I am somehow uncomfortable with what the guy spits out.

Ronny Gilmore

Jan 16, 2024
As a Duck's fan (local team, so please don't judge me too harshly), I'll be watching this one closely, Contrary to most Duck's fans, I actually embraced this trade. Drysdale is a hockey smart player with loads of skill, however, I feel he's too small and fragile for a NHL d-man. I hope I'm wrong; I hope Jamie turns out to be a great player for the Flyer's. He's definitely on a better team now, so it's going to be fun to see how he does. He's a good kid and I wish him well. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
As a Duck's fan (local team, so please don't judge me too harshly), I'll be watching this one closely, Contrary to most Duck's fans, I actually embraced this trade. Drysdale is a hockey smart player with loads of skill, however, I feel he's too small and fragile for a NHL d-man. I hope I'm wrong; I hope Jamie turns out to be a great player for the Flyer's. He's definitely on a better team now, so it's going to be fun to see how he does. He's a good kid and I wish him well. :)
I hope Cutter falls off a roller coaster and breaks every bone in his body.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
LOL - exactly what I expected from a Philly fan; anything else would have been a disappointment :)
LOL - seriously. I think Gauthier is good, not great prospect. But he'll do much better not having to be the top guy on his team. He's going into a very good spot to be very effective.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What is the thing with this "Jimmy Saul Goodman" guy on X? He was spot on with Gauthier not wanting to stay here and constantly bashes Flyers MGMT. He's also saying TK, Tips and Hart want also out. The way he tweets he clearly has connections to the Hayes/Gauthier area. I mean winning can change a lot of things but I am somehow uncomfortable with what the guy spits out.
He’s just some clown who hates Tortorella with a passion.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He’s just some clown who hates Tortorella with a passion.

He got this correct, though. It's a really specific thing to get correct.

Tortorella is the coach players hate the most. Why is that a clown move? You've always taught me not to question the judgement of authority figures. I think you should wisely defer to their wisdom. Be more positive, like me.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Tortorella is the coach players hate the most. Why is that a clown move? You've always taught me not to question the judgement of authority figures. I think you should wisely defer to their wisdom. Be more positive, like me.
What did he get correct? Cutter said his decision had absolutely nothing to do with Tortorella.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What did he get correct? Cutter said his decision had absolutely nothing to do with Tortorella.

Players famously will never, ever, bash a coach when they have a career ahead of them. That's how hockey works. I personally think that's a wonderful culture. Authority is meant to be obeyed. I'm on your side now. We are positive people. Vigorously and wetly positive.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

1705879818151.gif

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Tortorella is the coach players hate the most.
That's what people here like to think. But I doubt it.

Sure, there's a handful of players that didn't get along with him. But he wouldn't be able to get so much out of his teams and have them overperform if the players didn't believe in him. It worked in Columbus and it's working here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's what people here like to think. But I doubt it.

Sure, there's a handful of players that didn't get along with him. But he wouldn't be able to get so much out of his teams and have them overperform if the players didn't believe in him. It worked in Columbus and it's working here.

He crushed a poll of players, even doubling the votes Babcock got.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
He crushed a poll of players, even doubling the votes Babcock got.
Never saw that poll tbh, so I can't comment on that. But why would the players work so hard if they hated their coach? Out of fear? In that case that seems to be working, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00