Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Injuries don't necessarily define a player but you would imagine after the Nolan Patrick and Ryan Ellis injury sagas the Flyers would be a bit more cautious about trading for a player that already missed a season due to an injury. Not the same injuries at all but sheesh.

Just looking at Cutter's raw point totals it looks like he finished his college season strong. Where was the potential upside for this trade for the Flyers? Nowhere that I can tell.

Honestly, the injuries are pretty far down my list on their own, and they’re not necessarily predictive. The lack of showing positive NHL impacts is more my issue. Now, missing a season plays into that, especially when he was rushed at age 18 and coached by the abomination that is Dallas Eakins. Drysdale was not a proven commodity ignoring injuries. His profile’s risk was always undersold. None of that is an inherent issue unless you buy high…..which they did.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
You won't convince me the idea of adding a player this season, for the immediate gratification of an over-performing team, didn't factor in.

I think this is one of the most important value trades in recent years, and the process was so horribly terribly botched. For the "Briere has done so well" people, this was the major trade so far with any difficulty setting beyond Easy or Normal.
imagine what this board would post EVERY day if we traded Drysdale after this season for someone like cutter. They would build a stature for Briere already! Twitter would never stop salivating over this trade!

I wasnt high on Cutter (as a Center or Centerpiece for the future!) and i´am skeptical like before. But Drysdale with his injuries and the history of playmaking dman in this organization iam more skeptical about him than about Cutter.

For me that floor of Cutter is a lot higher than the floor of Drysdale!

And what is very eye opening are the scoring stats from Drysdale this season! He needs to show a lot more (maybe because of his injuries) next season!

One of the arguments was the excellent development of other "youngish" dman for the franchise (Risto, York, Seeler, Walker). Iam very skeptical how much this is development of the players as it is more of a product of the system and one hit wonder. If Torts let them play this style for the whole next season other teams will be better prepared and the results will be worse than these season!

A lot of question marks about this trade. And it doenst look promising!

Reactions: Magua

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
i can't believe cutter signed with the ducks...FOOK.

And now the ducks have zellweger who is a better prospect than drysdale. THen they have a shot at celebrini...cmon man.

Reactions: MCB

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'm going to rejoice as quitter turns out to be much more jvr than stamkos despite all the hype he's getting

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I was really hoping there’d already be a modicum of offence, even if raw, with Drysdale so far. Really, beyond skating and some one off plays, hasn’t really looked like that is a natural extension of his play. He seems to lack the ability to get pucks through on net, like a guy like Zamula possesses

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I was really hoping there’d already be a modicum of offence, even if raw, with Drysdale so far. Really, beyond skating and some one off plays, hasn’t really looked like that is a natural extension of his play. He seems to lack the ability to get pucks through on net, like a guy like Zamula possesses
Let's face it...we most likely got robbed!

Reactions: orangey

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Wonder what other deals, if any, were on the table. Flyers seemed to be focused on getting a RHD come hell or high water. Did that cloud their judgement?

Seravalli apparently said Byram was there, but they wanted more. Betting it's because the Avs needed a center this year, not next year.

I really like Byram and probably would have taken him over Drysdale, but also, Byram is one concussion away from not playing anymore. Admittedly, Drysdale, while not a concussion away, has missed more games than he's played in the NHL. That's a pretty shit start to your career and he best be lucky to ever be really healthy and stay healthy.

Reactions: Larry44

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Seravalli apparently said Byram was there, but they wanted more. Betting it's because the Avs needed a center this year, not next year.

I really like Byram and probably would have taken him over Drysdale, but also, Byram is one concussion away from not playing anymore. Admittedly, Drysdale, while not a concussion away, has missed more games than he's played in the NHL. That's a pretty shit start to your career and he best be lucky to ever be really healthy and stay healthy.
yeah and he is a RHD. so to me that was the focus.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm going to rejoice as quitter turns out to be much more jvr than stamkos despite all the hype he's getting

I thought the level of hype he was getting before the trade was appropriate. There should be serious concerns about his game. That his hype went through the roof to shit on Philly is going to cause a lot of disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad