Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I think that the Flyers are smart enough to know that the average person today doesn't have the time nor financial resources to attend each and every Regular and PostSeason Game... with a few exception like the Couple a Row down and to the left of me... I'd bet that single Accounts that do not sell off every game for multiple Seasons will not be looked at... The Organization doesn't want to tamper with its established FanBase and risk losing much of it.

tue66512

FLYERS STH
Jun 15, 2014
South Jersey
I think that the Flyers are smart enough to know that the average person today doesn't have the time nor financial resources to attend each and every Regular and PostSeason Game... with a few exception like the Couple a Row down and to the left of me... I'd bet that single Accounts that do not sell off every game for multiple Seasons will not be looked at... The Organization doesn't want to tamper with its established FanBase and risk losing much of it.

I don't know this guy, but I saw this on twitter

34i697q.png

Last edited:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I don't know this guy, but I saw this on twitter

34i697q.png

We have no idea about the number of Accounts he may have had... nor the amount of Games he has sold and kept over the past couple Season of Flyers/StubHub partnership... nor the Seat Location in question... He may well be one of the ones I suggested could be in danger; who knows?

FWIW: I went to his Twitter account to see if I could find any more information on his situation, and he apparently has deleted the cited Tweet, for one reason or another... Maybe he ironed out his problem with the Flyers... or it may all have been a misunderstanding that was corrected after his Tweet to the Flyers.

... If there are STM Accounts pulled on 'Regular' Fans for no good reason, that would note bode well for the Flyers Organization STM Account Sales in the future. If there are any News Reports about such concerns, we may learn more.

EDIT: While the Tweet was not found on his 'Page' for some reason... I was able to later find it through a Tweeter Search... and is apparently still on Twitter.

Last edited:

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I did some math over the weekend based on what ive been selling my tickets for this year on the secondary market and selling about 60% of the games, I figured it'll be around 1000 dollars cheaper for me to just buy tickets on the secondary market to the same amount of games i went to this year and in an area the same or better where I am now. unless it's a game against the Rangers, pens, or bruins, it's almost a certainty that you can find tickets at minimum 25% below face and up to 60% below face on the secondary market. I got killed this year reselling tickets on most games. it just doesn't make sense financially for me to renew when the team isn't going to be a contender next year and resell value is going to remain fairly low, especially if they miss playoffs this year. If that happens, the beginning of the season next year is going to be brutal for resale and will only improve if the team exceeds expectations throughout the whole year. If the price was fairly close I'd probably just bite the bullet since I do like sitting in the same seat each game but with them not looking like cup contenders it isn't worth the extra money. and if they do surprise next year, I can always sign up again next March and gain access to playoff tickets that way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I did some math over the weekend based on what ive been selling my tickets for this year on the secondary market and selling about 60% of the games, I figured it'll be around 1000 dollars cheaper for me to just buy tickets on the secondary market to the same amount of games i went to this year and in an area the same or better where I am now. unless it's a game against the Rangers, pens, or bruins, it's almost a certainty that you can find tickets at minimum 25% below face and up to 60% below face on the secondary market. I got killed this year reselling tickets on most games. it just doesn't make sense financially for me to renew when the team isn't going to be a contender next year and resell value is going to remain fairly low, especially if they miss playoffs this year. If that happens, the beginning of the season next year is going to be brutal for resale and will only improve if the team exceeds expectations throughout the whole year. If the price was fairly close I'd probably just bite the bullet since I do like sitting in the same seat each game but with them not looking like cup contenders it isn't worth the extra money. and if they do surprise next year, I can always sign up again next March and gain access to playoff tickets that way.

Beginning of the season is always brutal for resale anyways. People devote their energy to football.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I got my playoff invoice yesterday (el oh el)...

First Round: 60% ticket price increase from ST cost.
Second Round: 60%
Conference Finals: 80%
SCF: 200%

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How much is a season ticket in good seats in, like, the middle level?
And if you give up your seats now, could you get a good seat in two years, or do they get close to selling out the good ones when the team is good?
Just curious.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
How much is a season ticket in good seats in, like, the middle level?
And if you give up your seats now, could you get a good seat in two years, or do they get close to selling out the good ones when the team is good?
Just curious.

Lower level or upper level? There isn't a "middle level" at the Wells Fargo Center.

Tickets definitely will be harder to get as the team gets better but whether getting season tickets is impossible at that point and you have to go on an actual wait list and not a marketing scheme "wait list" as the Flyers used this year i'm not sure.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Lower level or upper level? There isn't a "middle level" at the Wells Fargo Center.

Tickets definitely will be harder to get as the team gets better but whether getting season tickets is impossible at that point and you have to go on an actual wait list and not a marketing scheme "wait list" as the Flyers used this year i'm not sure.

I was wondering about that as soon as I typed it - I thought it looked like maybe they didn't have a middle one. I guess I'm mostly wondering about seats near the top of the lower level. At the Checkerdome/Arena in St. Louis we sat in the first row of the top section directly behind the goal the visiting team defended twice - there was a nice ledge right in front of us that we could put our beers or spitters on.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was wondering about that as soon as I typed it - I thought it looked like maybe they didn't have a middle one. I guess I'm mostly wondering about seats near the top of the lower level. At the Checkerdome/Arena in St. Louis we sat in the first row of the top section directly behind the goal the visiting team defended twice - there was a nice ledge right in front of us that we could put our beers or spitters on.

I mean they technically have what you could consider a middle level but that would be Club Boxes and Suites.

Cheapest ticket in the lower level is $80/game for next year.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My calculator tells me that is about $3280 for the season. Are those decent seats? I imagine just about every seat in the place is pretty decent.

I don't think there really are too many bad seats in the stadium but you're still roughly 30 or so rows up.

I'm quite happy where I am up top in the corner in row four on the aisle. Feel like I get much more bang for my buck. $47/ticket next year.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't think there really are too many bad seats in the stadium but you're still roughly 30 or so rows up.

I'm quite happy where I am up top in the corner in row four on the aisle. Feel like I get much more bang for my buck. $47/ticket next year.

My calculator tells me that is nearly 50% cheaper - sounds like a good plan.
You know what you could do is pool some of your riches that you usually spend on sweaters and pucks and whatnot and buy us a box so the group of us could go to games together. I could even fly over and grace the lot of you with my presence.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My calculator tells me that is nearly 50% cheaper - sounds like a good plan.
You know what you could do is pool some of your riches that you usually spend on sweaters and pucks and whatnot and buy us a box so the group of us could go to games together. I could even fly over and grace the lot of you with my presence.

The company I work for does have a suite...

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs

Please tell me you're talking face, not actual value. I want to say the previous years the price bumps were closer to 40%/80%/100% actual for my seats for playoff games.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
HC, how did you receive your invoice? Via mail or email? I have yet to receive anything and want to make sure I am not charged automatically, though I believe I recall last year that they don't charge until the Flyers clinch?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
HC, how did you receive your invoice? Via mail or email? I have yet to receive anything and want to make sure I am not charged automatically, though I believe I recall last year that they don't charge until the Flyers clinch?

I got it in the actual mail. They don't charge you until the Flyers clinch and they'll only charge you by round as they advance.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
Flyers season tickets are not worth the layout if you are not going to go to every game....very rarely do you ever break even if you have to sell unless it is a game vs Rangers Pens or Saturday afternoon. IMHO better off cherry picking games on stubnhub even if means paying more for Pens Rangers etc, Doing the math you will pay more anyway if you have seasons since re-selling the games you won't go to will be for a loss...weeknights are half price cheapie get ins on stub hub

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Flyers season tickets are not worth the layout if you are not going to go to every game....very rarely do you ever break even if you have to sell unless it is a game vs Rangers Pens or Saturday afternoon. IMHO better off cherry picking games on stubnhub even if means paying more for Pens Rangers etc, Doing the math you will pay more anyway if you have seasons since re-selling the games you won't go to will be for a loss...weeknights are half price cheapie get ins on stub hub

While the gist of your post is spot on... except for prime Games and PostSeason, they certainly do go for a loss on most occasions... a way around that is Partnerships. I personally am involved in a 50/50 split that started at four 25% shares and morphed to what we have now... We have a Select Your Games night and we alternate the odd extra RS Game/extra PS Game on a yearly basis... and work out the perks/gifts as we go.

In this manner the sell-offs are not really that hard to take... and while I attend all my Games except for those I just cannot make, my Partner has go-to guys where he can sell a couple/few Games to each Season at STM Reduced Prices... and we swap Games between the two of us whenever possible when we suddenly have a selected Game that we have conflicts with.

Our Partnership has survived for several decades without much problem... From the Seventies through the Eighties at 25% and 33% and from the Nineties through today at 50%. I suppose we have been blessed and are an exception when it comes to survival... but it is certainly a way to go... for as long as it can work... and please keep in mind that Partners can come in and out as ity has for us before the 50/50 split Era.

As for StubHub Sales... rarely use SH and have at times made a sweet profit when we do -- with prime Games -- and have not yet had to take a loss... but please keep in mind that we attend most Games and use Go-To Guys at STMs Cost whenever we can... If you must sell of many/most Games, this may not be for you.

... And we have all the STM Perks including Events and Gifts and Stored Value when applicable... and have the same Seats for every Game... which, with our Tenure, can be considered excellent for a Mezzanine Location... Jumping on board willy-nilly, unless we are talking expensive Seat Locations, will net you so-so to crummy Seats. It is best to grab decent Seat Locations when available and work you way to better Seats over time.

... That said, with StubHub you can select the Seats you want... just not the same. Best deal may be to join in on an EXISTING Partnership with good Seats, if possible.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

$45 to $72
$45 to $72
$45 to $81
$45 to $135

I wouldn't consider that a 50% price increase... 37.5% increase on the first Two Rounds is how I would see it.

For many many years it was a 50% bump up for PostSeason -- $50.00 to $75.00 for example -- and then a few Seasons back IIRC they switched to a Tiered Round Method which eased the first couple Rounds... but allowed them to ratchet up their profit for long runs... the longer, the better profit.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I got my playoff invoice in the mail today. 1st 2 rounds were $66 last year, $80 this year. Conference finals $75 last year, $90 this year. Finals $99 last year, $150 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad