Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I got my playoff invoice in the mail today. 1st 2 rounds were $66 last year, $80 this year. Conference finals $75 last year, $90 this year. Finals $99 last year, $150 this year.

I believe that that would be because last Season the POs were based on the previous Tier Allocation setup... You probably were in a Location that was bumped up this Season.

My cost went down this time... but with the Allocation that happened some years back, my cost had soared.

The way I look at it, it was a correction of the unfair setup Luukko put into place... But my guess is that you wouldn't agree, since yours went the other way. ;)

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I believe that that would be because last Season the POs were based on the previous Tier Allocation setup... You probably were in a Location that was bumped up this Season.

My cost went down this time... but with the Allocation that happened some years back, my cost had soared.

The way I look at it, it was a correction of the unfair setup Luukko put into place... But my guess is that you wouldn't agree, since yours went the other way. ;)

The finals increase is a little steep IMO. The difference between an $800 and a $1200 credit card charge for me, one I will happily pay should that miracle occur. I realized sitting in the stands at the Finals in 2010 that I could not sell those tickets, even if it paid for half of next season. I was at game 6, I checked Stubhub the day of the game, the 2 seats to my right were listed for $800, and there was a Blackhawks fan in them that night, so I know there's good money to be made there, and so do the Flyers.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
The finals increase is a little steep IMO. The difference between an $800 and a $1200 credit card charge for me, one I will happily pay should that miracle occur. I realized sitting in the stands at the Finals in 2010 that I could not sell those tickets, even if it paid for half of next season. I was at game 6, I checked Stubhub the day of the game, the 2 seats to my right were listed for $800, and there was a Blackhawks fan in them that night, so I know there's good money to be made there, and so do the Flyers.

I was at first set back when noticing the very first Tiered Pricing SCFs cost... but they are rare these days... and only eight times in the 50 Seasons did the Flyers make it that far... and only once since the Tiered Pricing was initiated.

I too was there at 2010 SCF Game Six... I saw Chicago skate around and all the celebratory festivities... and with a few twists and turns, that could have been the Flyers skating in front of their fans... including me... that night... and of course had I sold those tickets, I would never have been able to see the Alternate Universe 2010 Flyers Cup on-ice celebration... The chance is so rare, and I wouldn't give up that shot at BEING THERE for anything... and unless the stars line up in the manner they have to, and unless I keep the tickets during that alignment, I don't witness in person... So I'm right there with... no way I sell those Seats... NO WAY.

... And to make matters worse, since I only own every other PO Game... my STM Partner owning the others... my odds are even less.

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
If anyone's interested... I have two sets of Section 112 seats that will likely be given up in a few days. Sec 112/17 and 112/15. Shoot me a PM if they intrigue you.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
So I had a few questions since I signed on for season tickets for next year.

One is that I was reading a few pages back about the flyers possibly cracking down on season ticket holders selling games off. Is that a normal thing? I work a job that my schedule changes each week and I never know when I am able to go unless I schedule off in advance, so I might sell off half of the tickets this coming season.

Two is when is the best time to sell tickets off? Would it be right when tickets get delivered and post them on stubhub/sell to a friend? Or would it be better closer to the actual game? I noticed my tickets this season for my partial plan were pretty much half of what I paid for any game that wasnt the home opener or a popular team.

The final question is wondering if it's worth it to buy parking passes in advanced? Is it discounted at all to buy in advance? Or is it worth it to just pay as I go?

Edit : Forgot one last question and my rep never gave me a solid answer. I am doing the monthly payment schedule. Is it possible to pay in advanced?

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
So I had a few questions since I signed on for season tickets for next year.

One is that I was reading a few pages back about the flyers possibly cracking down on season ticket holders selling games off. Is that a normal thing? I work a job that my schedule changes each week and I never know when I am able to go unless I schedule off in advance, so I might sell off half of the tickets this coming season.

Two is when is the best time to sell tickets off? Would it be right when tickets get delivered and post them on stubhub/sell to a friend? Or would it be better closer to the actual game? I noticed my tickets this season for my partial plan were pretty much half of what I paid for any game that wasnt the home opener or a popular team.

The final question is wondering if it's worth it to buy parking passes in advanced? Is it discounted at all to buy in advance? Or is it worth it to just pay as I go?

Edit : Forgot one last question and my rep never gave me a solid answer. I am doing the monthly payment schedule. Is it possible to pay in advanced?

I think that guy said his friend had multiple seat locations, and that may have been why. I don't sell my tickets off via StubHub, I have a group of family, friends, and occasionally HFBoards posters who buy my tickets from me before the season starts. The 3rd part, not worth it to buy parking passes IMO. My personal parking preference is Jetro, cheap ($10) and you get out quicker because you're not gridlocked in. Everybody could use an extra 10 minutes of walking in their day if you are physically able.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think that guy said his friend had multiple seat locations, and that may have been why. I don't sell my tickets off via StubHub, I have a group of family, friends, and occasionally HFBoards posters who buy my tickets from me before the season starts. The 3rd part, not worth it to buy parking passes IMO. My personal parking preference is Jetro, cheap ($10) and you get out quicker because you're not gridlocked in. Everybody could use an extra 10 minutes of walking in their day if you are physically able.

Do they bus you into WFC?

I sold 9~% of my tickets on stubhub and havent heard anything. But this was my first year. Not trying to make a profit, just the way things worked out.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
Flyers stubhub tickets entry

When you buy Flyers tickets on Stubhub do you have to print the tickets or can they be scanned via barcode from phone for entry

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
Do they bus you into WFC?

I park in the Jetro also, it used to be better a few years ago when you could just walk under 95 and not have to climb through a hole cut into a fence. Seems like most people just cut through the Linc parking lot now.

That being said, even with a much longer walk to the car, I get to the bridge so fast with absolutely no traffic.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
For the parking, I've said this before so Ill say it again, sometimes the lot on the first base side of Citizens Bank Park is left open and unattended, so if it is, you can park there and its free

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I park in the Jetro also, it used to be better a few years ago when you could just walk under 95 and not have to climb through a hole cut into a fence. Seems like most people just cut through the Linc parking lot now.

That being said, even with a much longer walk to the car, I get to the bridge so fast with absolutely no traffic.

You can walk down to the tracks and around the fence to the train yard, which is always open.

I've parked a few times right by that fence, actually. It's not a lot, it's a driveway, but it's not anyone's property between all the fences, so nobody can make you pay for it, and there's nothing there about no parking or towing area.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
This past week my STM Partner -- the one of record -- received a call from our Rep who said he was calling to confirm our cancellation notice... lucky he did because we never sent one in... we have had our Account dating back before the First Cup... When told that we never notified them of such, the Rep said that it might have been a glitch that placed us on the Notification List.

FWIW, my Partner likes to drag his heels before renewing... I feel that, unless there is a chance we will not, renew as soon as we can... but I go along with what he wants, not to make waves... but I digress.

Anyway, I sure hope that they personally confirm all notifications they believe they have received... lest Accounts can accidentally lose Seat Locations that they want... and never recover again. Bottom line is that we are securely in for nest Season... after we realized what almost occurred.

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
So, I actually ended up renewing. The thought of bailing before the payoff was just eating at me. They really have a hold on us season ticket members.

I'm seriously looking into finding a partner, how did any of you guys go about it? Friends and family aren't really an option, I go over with my dad every game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My rep's was selling me that we're not re-signing Chris Vandevelde, so that's a solid. I flat out told him that Andrew MacDonald has forced me to actively not watch games. Anticipating something being done to move this thing forward is what I was told. All in all I did feel he was pretty honest.

Going up to $47/seat when I've only averaged selling a pair at $59, basically requires a hot start. When they made the finals against Chicago, I only paid $50 per seat, so they basically have to be a top team as soon as next year, building phase or not.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
My rep's was selling me that we're not re-signing Chris Vandevelde, so that's a solid. I flat out told him that Andrew MacDonald has forced me to actively not watch games. Anticipating something being done to move this thing forward is what I was told. All in all I did feel he was pretty honest.

Going up to $47/seat when I've only averaged selling a pair at $59, basically requires a hot start. When they made the finals against Chicago, I only paid $50 per seat, so they basically have to be a top team as soon as next year, building phase or not.

I really surprised that the Reps are in on such privy information... and are allowed to pass it on to STMs... Very Interesting.

I figured that the Number's Game with Laughten and Leier becoming waiver Players ... along with Cousins IIRC... plus other Players who may immediately crack the NHL... would mean at least one UFA passed on... VV probably had no chance next Season, no matter what.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really surprised that the Reps are in on such privy information... and are allowed to pass it on to STMs... Very Interesting.

I figured that the Number's Game with Laughten and Leier becoming waiver Players ... along with Cousins IIRC... plus other Players who may immediately crack the NHL... would mean at least one UFA passed on... VV probably had no chance next Season, no matter what.

He didn't say definitely not, but he kind of portrayed that he didn't think any of the UFA's would be back, including Del Zotto. Didn't mention Mason though. He said the same thing about getting rid of a contract through the expansion draft after I shared some thoughts about MacDonald.

I was talking to him about the Filpulla trade and my opinion was that I thought that was something that really set us back this year having it not be addressed in the off-season and his comment to me was that I sounded like I was in their meeting they had with Hextall on Monday because it was word for word what Hextall said. Could be selling me that I feel smarter than I am, like I said though, felt he was pretty frank and honest. I think he said something like "when was the last time we had a bad season and something wasn't done about it?"

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
He didn't say definitely not, but he kind of portrayed that he didn't think any of the UFA's would be back, including Del Zotto. Didn't mention Mason though. He said the same thing about getting rid of a contract through the expansion draft after I shared some thoughts about MacDonald.

I was talking to him about the Filpulla trade and my opinion was that I thought that was something that really set us back this year having it not be addressed in the off-season and his comment to me was that I sounded like I was in their meeting they had with Hextall on Monday because it was word for word what Hextall said. Could be selling me that I feel smarter than I am, like I said though, felt he was pretty frank and honest. I think he said something like "when was the last time we had a bad season and something wasn't done about it?"

Hextall meeting with them personally sounds like a little Town Hall Meeting with the Reps to prep them on what to talk to us about... how to lead us back into the fold... That really explains a lot on his VV comment.

That said... no doubt he was schmoozing you a tad... to keep his money coming in. ;)

...Thanks for the response.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hextall meeting with them personally sounds like a little Town Hall Meeting with the Reps to prep them on what to talk to us about... how to lead us back into the fold... That really explains a lot on his VV comment.

That said... no doubt he was schmoozing you a tad... to keep his money coming in. ;)

...Thanks for the response.

Of course he did, I was told 4 or 5 time that it's known how big of a fan I am. Diffusing the angry man on the phone is definitely a big part of their paycheck. I was pretty sure I was going to renew, despite losing money again this year - but it wasn't as bad as last year when you consider myself taking some of my own advice and accounting for gas, parking, food, time and energy, etc. - and much like people do when they call their senators, you still get to say it. I'm sure he told someone else what you or I say. I'm sure not many people put it in as blunt of terms as I did with some subjects, like MacDonald and Konecny on the 4th line, and "where was Jordan Weal all year?" Guys like Giroux and Voracek never even came up.

The future was always the sell to this team for a couple years, I said I could afford it, but I know the price doesn't match, so I can give it a shot based on what I feel is coming down the line. But for my spot, this was a big jump, so if I'm not close to even, I feel I can walk away. Most of the benefits didn't really serve me, so I'm basically all-in when it comes to selling tickets. If it costs a few hundred to get into a finals game, I'll cross that road when I get to it.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Of course he did, I was told 4 or 5 time that it's known how big of a fan I am. Diffusing the angry man on the phone is definitely a big part of their paycheck. I was pretty sure I was going to renew, despite losing money again this year - but it wasn't as bad as last year when you consider myself taking some of my own advice and accounting for gas, parking, food, time and energy, etc. - and much like people do when they call their senators, you still get to say it. I'm sure he told someone else what you or I say. I'm sure not many people put it in as blunt of terms as I did with some subjects, like MacDonald and Konecny on the 4th line, and "where was Jordan Weal all year?" Guys like Giroux and Voracek never even came up.

The future was always the sell to this team for a couple years, I said I could afford it, but I know the price doesn't match, so I can give it a shot based on what I feel is coming down the line. But for my spot, this was a big jump, so if I'm not close to even, I feel I can walk away. Most of the benefits didn't really serve me, so I'm basically all-in when it comes to selling tickets. If it costs a few hundred to get into a finals game, I'll cross that road when I get to it.

Hopefully he a his co-Reps take back all they hear from the STM... and it all makes its way back to the Powers That Be in the Organization.

I'm in a much less flexible situation than you and most other STMs... with my Account having tenure that dates back before the First Cup... and our Seat Location exactly where we want it in both location and relative price... It takes quite a bit for me to walk away and lose everything that we have gained over the many Season... But the good thin is that the last Price Reallocation Correction lowered our Cost considerably -- after the huge increase with the initial Reallocation several Seasons back -- Also on my side is that I attend almost every one of our 50% Share Games each Season... and the fact that after paying my dues over a decent amount of years in my life, I can afford this not very cheap hobby without it eating too dearly into my cost of living income... My children will just have to live off of a smaller inheritance whyej I'm gone... but my son can't complain too much when I'm gone, since he attends our Games with me. ;) haha

BTW... Fun Game against the Isles Thursday... but it makes me wonder where was all this secondary scoring when it would have made a difference with making the PostSeason... Once again a tease for us thinking that NEXT SEASON will be the turnaround Season. :shakehead

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
'Select A Seat' Event

For all who requested information concerning the 'Select A Seat' Event... We received an email today from the Flyers informing us that it will be in Mid-May... but this year it will be done On-Line... and we must Signup if we are interested in participating. They suggested we call our Rep if we want to view the Seats in person.

What they sent us:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Forgot to mention that part, because my rep did tip me off to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad