Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Ok cool thanks. I am going to have a convo with my ticket guy on Monday and I'll see if he knows for sure.

Putting the Select a Seat Night -- or whatever it's called -- aside... I received both a call and an email from a Flyers Sales Rep who was trying to sell me a Lower Level Corner pair of Aisle seats for next Season... I'm a STM Partner whose name is not on the Account, therefore they are not aware I'm a STM, until I once again tell them... I periodically get contacted.

So, I suppose with that we can safely say that they do have Seats that they want to sell... and are enticing new people before they offer them out to the people they have already on their hooks.

It would not hurt to reach out to your Rep with an inference that you might be leaving if you can't upgrade away from your current seats, which you are not happy with... We have reached out in the past for information about what will be available and what will not... and even were able to move down one Row back before they had the Select the Seat thingy -- we reminded them of our very long standing tenure and appealed to their mercy -- So, in addition to seeing if he knows when the Event is, I'd suggest you also ask if he can find out what is available... I'm sure they get a commission, or at least some credit, so he should be eager to sell a better (more expensive) Location... and want to not lose one of the ones he has.

... Just a thought; Good luck.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Putting the Select a Seat Night -- or whatever it's called -- aside... I received both a call and an email from a Flyers Sales Rep who was trying to sell me a Lower Level Corner pair of Aisle seats for next Season... I'm a STM Partner whose name is not on the Account, therefore they are not aware I'm a STM, until I once again tell them... I periodically get contacted.

So, I suppose with that we can safely say that they do have Seats that they want to sell... and are enticing new people before they offer them out to the people they have already on their hooks.

It would not hurt to reach out to your Rep with an inference that you might be leaving if you can't upgrade away from your current seats, which you are not happy with... We have reached out in the past for information about what will be available and what will not... and even were able to move down one Row back before they had the Select the Seat thingy -- we reminded them of our very long standing tenure and appealed to their mercy -- So, in addition to seeing if he knows when the Event is, I'd suggest you also ask if he can find out what is available... I'm sure they get a commission, or at least some credit, so he should be eager to sell a better (more expensive) Location... and want to not lose one of the ones he has.

... Just a thought; Good luck.

I've had this work. All I wanted to know is if the two seats next to me were open, and that I didn't want to come all the way down just to walk up the step and walk back down. She called back and just set me up right then and there.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I've had this work. All I wanted to know is if the two seats next to me were open, and that I didn't want to come all the way down just to walk up the step and walk back down. She called back and just set me up right then and there.

We would tell them what we were interested in and they would tell us there was none like that available -- we were particular... and now, with latest Reallocation pricing, we don't want to move at all -- so we would stay home when they had the Event... At first we used to go there to see what was there but wised up when there were never any better pairs available in Mezzanine... At least back when they first started the Event, they had a great buffet before you started looking... with nice u-peel scrimp and all... IIRC they would try to sell upgrades to us like Suites or Lower Levels... the Buffet didn't last too many years though. haha

Most fans don't realize the flexibility the Reps seem to have... or how little the Select You Seat really counts; if they can sell seats before that day, they are gone in a NY minute. It is a cutthroat business and there probably are good commissions and/or incentives to be had all around.

Sniperz25

Jun 30, 2003
I have 2 Stadium Series Tickets for sale.

Section 215

Row E

$500 for the pair.

Will meet in person or UPS

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
I didn't even look at prices for that event this time around, yet got offered 8 tickets through 3 separate pre-sales. How close to face value + fees is that 500?

Sniperz25

Jun 30, 2003
I didn't even look at prices for that event this time around, yet got offered 8 tickets through 3 separate pre-sales. How close to face value + fees is that 500?

Face value is 275 a seat plus fees and shipping.

It's around $600 for the pair face value.

I'm willing to sell them for $500.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have two seats available for the SS. Looking for face value + any shipping fees. Section 510 Row O. $320.50

b10

Jan 26, 2012
I also have an extra pair available for this Saturday. Section 534, row DD, seats 7/8.

Paid ~$350 for the pair at face value, just trying to get rid of them at this point. DM me best offers if you're interested. Can meet anywhere in the South Jersey/Philadelphia/Delaware area to exchange.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Hi there guys. Pens fan here but I'm not trying to start any trouble lol... Does anyone have any tickets they are looking to get rid of for the game on Saturday? Me and my friend are looking to go and are trying to spend about $40-$50 a ticket. Thanks in advance!

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Hi there guys. Pens fan here but I'm not trying to start any trouble lol... Does anyone have any tickets they are looking to get rid of for the game on Saturday? Me and my friend are looking to go and are trying to spend about $40-$50 a ticket. Thanks in advance!

people laugh but if you're willing to wait until tomorrow you will definitely be able to find someone getting rid of them for anything just to get something for them. I've seen so many people post their tickets for sale in the secondary market.There's just a very big resale market out there for a day before the game and I don't think there is nearly enough demand at those prices. very glad I saved my money and didn't purchase tickets when they went on sale to sth because I had already done the stadium thing in 2012. I haven't seen anyone make a profit on these or even get face value on them. most are lucky to get 90% of face value. but really the longer you wait, the less you are going to pay. a hour or 2 before the game you could probably snag 50-75 dollar tickets off Facebook or craigslist in the worst seats from someone scared they will get nothing for them.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
people laugh but if you're willing to wait until tomorrow you will definitely be able to find someone getting rid of them for anything just to get something for them. I've seen so many people post their tickets for sale in the secondary market.There's just a very big resale market out there for a day before the game and I don't think there is nearly enough demand at those prices. very glad I saved my money and didn't purchase tickets when they went on sale to sth because I had already done the stadium thing in 2012. I haven't seen anyone make a profit on these or even get face value on them. most are lucky to get 90% of face value. but really the longer you wait, the less you are going to pay. a hour or 2 before the game you could probably snag 50-75 dollar tickets off Facebook or craigslist in the worst seats from someone scared they will get nothing for them.

I'd agree with that, especially with the weather being in question and it being a Saturday night game, where other plans all of a sudden come up. I would have personally bought tickets about two days ago for peak value but this team is making it difficult to want to go.

I'll be down in the North Shore tailgating beforehand, so if something pops up on Seatgeek for a great value, I'll go but I'm just as content watching at the bar with the way the team has been playing.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The issue here is that I'm 99% sure that sites like StubHub and Seat Geek aren't offering digital tickets so you have to get the physical tickets somehow.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
The issue here is that I'm 99% sure that sites like StubHub and Seat Geek aren't offering digital tickets so you have to get the physical tickets somehow.

I just went on stub hub and instant download is available on many of the tickets. BTW to the dude looking for tickets, there are seats down to 60 bucks on stub hub. will probably continue going cheaper today and tonight.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

I was kidding... but really... when you talk $40.00 a ticket, I think that that was about the Service Fees they were asking that made me decide, 'F-it, I'm not going this time if they want so damn much add-on Fees'... I had all intentions to go but when I saw where I would be sitting, and the price of the Seats... and the kicker of all the Fees, I decided to save the Transportation and room/restaurant cost and watch it comfy and warm -- who knew about the Spring Temps back then? -- in front of my big screen HDTV with my Craft Beers at reasonable cost.

The $40-$50 number tickled my funny bone... I wish the dude seeking them well though... but I'd hate to be the loser who drops all that bread bailing out. :shakehead

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I was kidding... but really... when you talk $40.00 a ticket, I think that that was about the Service Fees they were asking that made me decide, 'F-it, I'm not going this time if they want so damn much add-on Fees'... I had all intentions to go but when I saw where I would be sitting, and the price of the Seats... and the kicker of all the Fees, I decided to save the Transportation and room/restaurant cost and watch it comfy and warm -- who knew about the Spring Temps back then? -- in front of my big screen HDTV with my Craft Beers at reasonable cost.

The $40-$50 number tickled my funny bone... I wish the dude seeking them well though... but I'd hate to be the loser who drops all that bread bailing out. :shakehead

I think a lot of those may be brokers trying to get rid of their last few tickets or people who bought 8-10 tickets, sold some for a solid profit and weren't able to capitalize on the rest and will drop the price to break even. Who knows, though. I'm sure there will be people who are taking a solid loss on these.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
It's too much for terrible seats to a regular season game. When it was announced, I figured since it wasn't the Winter Classic the prices wouldn't be Winter Classic-like. Not.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Anyone in Pittsburgh tomorrow without a ticket I'll have one extra ticket available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad