Pre-Game Talk: Flyers in Ottawa, Thurs. 7:30 pm on TSN5

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
they're wrong, with video evidence of the puck in the net and the refs hands by his side.

If you can't admit this was a bad call you aren't capable of being objective. Post this on the main board and every objective fan tears the ref apart

Cry me damned river. The refs determined the play was dead. The scramble around the net lasted several seconds, and they could've called the play at any time.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
That goalie interference goal shouldn't have been called back either. Dodged a bullet there.
Bob McKenzie explained it very well after the game. As soft as the call was, it was goalie interference by 3 different definitions in the rule book.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
they're wrong, with video evidence of the puck in the net and the refs hands by his side.

If you can't admit this was a bad call you aren't capable of being objective. Post this on the main board and every objective fan tears the ref apart

Not being a fan of either team =/= being objective.

The main boards are a cesspool of idiocy.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does anyone else think you can cut Boucher's ramped up intensity with a knife behind the bench when the team is leading and going from trying to protect a lead to hanging on by the skin of it's teeth. In that situation is he calm and able to settle everyone down or is his blood boiling?

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa

Except the opinions of the "objective" fans (funny term, considering for most of them if their team benefited from the call they'd claim it was right) on the main boards of the HF forum count for something between jack and shit.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Did he not use his timeout at all?

When you're short-staffed, why the hell not?
Yeah, unless they used it earlier in the game and I didn't notice (which I'm assuming he didn't, never noticed a timeout after the successful challenge) I thought that was very questionable. Gave me end of the Paulrus era flashbacks.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Yeah, unless they used it earlier in the game and I didn't notice (which I'm assuming he didn't, never noticed a timeout after the successful challenge) I thought that was very questionable. Gave me end of the Paulrus era flashbacks.
Probably saving it for a Hail Mary challenge if necessary.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Did he not use his timeout at all?

When you're short-staffed, why the hell not?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can't call a timeout after an icing anymore. We iced it once or twice towards the end of the game so it could be a situation where we wanted to call one but we couldn't.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50c74fc6a86b046b54cb9b2c59.jpg

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004

Is there video with a clear view of the puck across the line? (The glove partly across the line with no puck in view is not proof.) If such video exists, I haven't seen it.
I didn't think the goalie interference would be upheld until I saw the overhead. It shows the guy entering the crease without being pushed, then crowding the goalie and keeping him from moving out to confront the shooter, and then inadvertently kicking Anderson's stick out of position as he finally leaves the blue ice. Tough call, but justifiable.

Reactions: Bileur

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Filip Chlapik is a point a game in his career so far. Clearly we don't need a top 6 forward and we just found our new number 1 center. Congrats on the first point & assist!

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
From the NHL;

At 19:04 of the third period in the Flyers/Senators game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to see if the puck crossed the Ottawa goal line. The referee informed the Situation Room that he was in the process of blowing his whistle to stop play when he lost sight of the puck under Craig Anderson's skate. According to Rule 78.5, apparent goals shall be disallowed "when the Referee deems the play has been stopped, even if he had not physically had the opportunity to stop play by blowing his whistle." This is not a reviewable play therefore the referee's call on the ice stands - no goal Philadelphia.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Filip Chlapik is a point a game in his career so far. Clearly we don't need a top 6 forward and we just found our new number 1 center. Congrats on the first point & assist!
Is that the quickest point by a Sen player in his first game on his first shift? Our goalies are worrisome at times & why do they have so much trouble keeping a lead in a game they dominate for the first 40 minutes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad