Pre-Game Talk: Flyers in Ottawa, Thurs. 7:30 pm on TSN5

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
that puck was in andersons glove behind the line. did you guys see that through your broadcast?
They barely showed it if you are talking about the play towards the end with coots. all we saw was the overhead and you couldn't see anything

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
that puck was in andersons glove behind the line. did you guys see that through your broadcast?

I couldn't see the puck across the line. I assumed it was in his glove, and it looked like his glove was on the line, but it didn't seem definitive. The ref said the play had ended though, (and TSN pointed out they didn't say the puck entred the net) and the call on the ice was no goal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Exact
We were outplayed only by the Nucks so far this season
That's true and that game we outshot them 17-4 in the first and coulda shoulda put them away early. This team is dangerous when its firing on all cylinders but ... the weakness is when they sit back in that prevent defense and let the other team come at them.

Reactions: Alex1234

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I couldn't see the puck across the line. I assumed it was in his glove, and it looked like his glove was on the line, but it didn't seem definitive. The ref said the play had ended though, (and TSN pointed out they didn't say the puck entred the net) and the call on the ice was no goal.
Could be it was ruled that the whistle had already blown by that point. If that's the case, it was a quick whistle.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
so another poster looked up the video of another angle, when it was in andersons glove the ref didn't even go for the whistle. he went for the whistle when anderson kind flopped on his back. They lost sight of it, and i dont even know if they got that angle in the review.

Reactions: Sasso09

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Great first 20 minutes, absolutely putrid last 40. Extremely lucky to get out with anything let alone 2 points here. We're a defense first team that can't hold a lead. I think the first 6 minutes of the final 2 frames were exclusively played in Ottawa's zone. I'm in aw that Boucher keeps putting Oduya on the ice, especially with Karlsson. I hate the Phaneuf-Ceci and Oduya-Karlsson pairings. Get Oduya out of the line up and split those pairs. 18:26 for the potato, around 11:30 for Boro and Claesson. Why??

Chlapik barely played, but I thought he looked solid. Much better than the other two callups but played less.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
so another poster looked up the video of another angle, when it was in andersons glove the ref didn't even go for the whistle. he went for the whistle when anderson kind flopped on his back. They lost sight of it, and i dont even know if they got that angle in the review.
Either way, it's a goal that probably should have counted, but for one reason or another it didn't. As a Sens fan, we've seen a bunch go the other way against us (as I'm sure every team has). I feel for ya, but it's part of hockey.

Reactions: Sasso09

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad