Pre-Game Talk: Flyers in Ottawa, Thurs. 7:30 pm on TSN5

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Either way, it's a goal that probably should have counted, but for one reason or another it didn't. As a Sens fan, we've seen a bunch go the other way against us (as I'm sure every team has). I feel for ya, but it's part of hockey.

i wish u guys had this karma last year.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
That goalie interference goal shouldn't have been called back either. Dodged a bullet there.

Yeah I wouldn't mind them calling that if they called any time there was any contact in the crease, but there have been way more blatent cases of contact that resulted in a goal and was allowed.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
looks like its in
Except: 1) You don't see where the puck is in the glove, which is not all the way across the line.
2) The puck may be jammed against the outside of the post or against Anderson's skate, and not in the glove at all.
3) The play may be over by the time this screenshot is pulled. Explaining the call, the refs said the play was completed, not that the puck never went in. (I don't think it did.)

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
If we didn't give up third period leads so easily we would only have 1 loss this year. Maybe add one more for the sake of argument - we should probably have 8 or 9 wins

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Except: 1) You don't see where the puck is in the glove, which is not all the way across the line.
2) The puck may be jammed against the outside of the post or against Anderson's skate, and not in the glove at all.
3) The play may be over by the time this screenshot is pulled. Explaining the call, the refs said the play was completed, not that the puck never went in. (I don't think it did.)
Ok its not in and we won .. great

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That goalie interference goal shouldn't have been called back either. Dodged a bullet there.
I think that one hinged on Anderson not getting set after the contact. The way the rule is written, if the goalie initiates contact in the crease, and as a result doesn't have time to get set before the shot/goal, it's no goal. Anderson never really got his stick back in play before the goal. That's the danger of skating in the blue ice I guess. I don't really care for the rule, I'd probably prefer the international rule.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Agreed.

This whole reset thing aside, how much time does the goalie have to get back into position?

In any event, don't allow 5 goals if you want to win a hockey game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Two of Boucher's Bonzais are keepers Thompson and Pyatt; Two can pack their shit; Duke Dido and Lord McCormick ... Let's see Rodewald...next

Reactions: starling

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Refs had a rough night. Lots of missed calls and some iffy ones. two goals waived off that probably should have been ruled good goals. I'll take it, but man...

Reactions: Sasso09

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Boucher knows his lineup is depleted and the overplayed vets are overtaxed so are going to make mistakes because of it yet he won't play the kids any more than he has to. He's explained before that he doesn't want them to be the reason for losing the game and hurting their development. I'm not sure I completely agree especially on a back to back night but he has a winning record so it's hard to argue with his philosophy even if I have doubts.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
The refs on the ice disagree with you.
they're wrong, with video evidence of the puck in the net and the refs hands by his side.

If you can't admit this was a bad call you aren't capable of being objective. Post this on the main board and every objective fan tears the ref apart

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Karma was having the flu run rampant through our dressing room in addition to the injuries we already had and getting 2 points.
A team missing MacArthur, Ryan, Turris, White, Smith, and on top of that fighting the flu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad