Post-Game Talk: Fly Scored? Jets 3 Avs 0

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I didn't say anything about luck. Connor is viewed as a better prospect than Petan, and the Jets management and coaches have a higher opinion of him (as you do). That's why he's with the Jets and Petan isn't.

The stats might suggest that Connor hasn't been better relative to usage, but I think the stats are a bit misleading. The sample size of Petan with Wheeler is quite small, and Wheeler was really rolling at that point.

As I noted, I like Petan a lot, but I still think Connor and Roslovic should be ahead of him in the depth chart.

The Petan chart isn’t to say he’s amazing with Wheeler so he should be with Wheeler. It’s to show he even did good away from scrubs but not with Wheeler.

Luck, accident, whatever.

Connor got sent down and hen called up.
Roslovic is being talked as better but was the second call up.
Connor on the top line, and then the fourth.
Roslovic on the fourth line, and then the top.

There’s a lot of likelihood for accidents all over.

Shots and goals can only be so misleading when it’s consistently the same no matter how you slice it.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If Tanev and Hendricks are out, the Jets could recall both Lemieux and Petan. the Moose are on a road trip through the next three Jets games. Pretty risky not to have an extra forward around.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Matthias is injured so i doubt hes in. Week to week is what Maurice said a few days ago.

I think lowry will be back vs yotes

Copp moves to 4c

Laine Perreault Connor Lemieux
Wheeler Little Lowry Copp
Roslo Ehlers Armia Dano.

The layout of your lineup looks like a paste into an email where the formatting is off ;)

If the plan is to use Connor on the shut down 3rd line then I think that should be Roslovic instead.
He's built more for that style of play.
Connor has been really good the last 2 games and at home Laine-Wheeler-Connor should do well together.

What I'm really hoping to see at some point when we are healthy is Connor and Roslovic on the same line. They were only on the ice together 5 on 5 briefly last night and generated an amazing chance.

Petan's play in the AHL will earn him a recall for these injuries.
I was in my car listening to the end of the game and OT on Friday for the MOOSE.
Comrie mad a save on a 2 - 0 break away and then Petan got the goal the other way.
Very exciting stuff.
Petan is up to over a point a game in the AHL

As has been stated many times give Petan, Perreault and Armia on his wings as we had for a long stretch on the 4th line and I think he would do pretty well.

It's gonna be tough on the Moose with us taking all of their players... oh well.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Oh ya, and when did Ehlers get the "FLY" nick name?
For someone who spends as much time on here as I do I feel embarrassed that I wasn't in the know.

Blake Wheeler called him Fly in one of his interviews (if I recall correctly).

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
They were the lead story on late night Sportsnet and second story on TSN after ladies curling. Maybe we're a bit too sensitive?

That might be the case. However, this is not the first occasion where the Jets score hasn't been shown on the ticker. It's happened a number of times this season. However, they never fail to mention the Leafs score whenever they played the night before.

:jets

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Watched the game with fresh eyes in the morning, and to be honest, I can think of worse ways to start my day.

The Avs had nothing on us for the entire sixty minutes. This was one pleasant experience.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Watched the game with fresh eyes in the morning, and to be honest, I can think of worse ways to start my day.

The Avs had nothing on us for the entire sixty minutes. This was one pleasant experience.

Witness the pleasant experience in graphic form:

gameShots-2018-02-03-2017020799-COLatWPG.png

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Other than the 2 on 0 short handed chance and maybe one other the Avs had nothing dangerous going all game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Witness the pleasant experience in graphic form:

gameShots-2018-02-03-2017020799-COLatWPG.png

I was just about to post this exact chart. Great minds think alike I guess ;)

Not going to lose many games when that chart looks like this

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I was just about to post this exact chart. Great minds think alike I guess ;)

Not going to lose many games when that chart looks like this

For sure - the shot metrics, zone time, etc, were very evident by eye, and the stats back it up. Look at Nik "Speedskater" Ehlers and Perreault hanging out together in "Fun & Good" land. Showoffs. :laugh:

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Between this, and the three threads i've seen just this week suggesting Perreault is a 30-35 point third liner, he may be the most underrated player in hockey :eek:
I didn't know a lot about Frenchy's game b4 we landed him and have been very happy with him as a Jet. Probly gonna have the best season of his career.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
This was posted by an Avs fan in their forum. Always nice to get respect from another fan base.

Overall, the Avs didn't look dangerous at any given moment in the game. Hellebuyck was rarely, if ever, challenged. Conversely I thought the Jets looked vastly superior but even they looked a little off to me. Maybe that's Scheifele's absence showing, I don't know...but they still looked superior and yet didn't look like they were going 100% either. Says a lot about their team I guess.

Anyway, Colorado just looked plain outclassed. I didn't think they got outworked, but just looked nervous and tentative.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The layout of your lineup looks like a paste into an email where the formatting is off ;)

If the plan is to use Connor on the shut down 3rd line then I think that should be Roslovic instead.
He's built more for that style of play.
Connor has been really good the last 2 games and at home Laine-Wheeler-Connor should do well together.

What I'm really hoping to see at some point when we are healthy is Connor and Roslovic on the same line. They were only on the ice together 5 on 5 briefly last night and generated an amazing chance.

Petan's play in the AHL will earn him a recall for these injuries.
I was in my car listening to the end of the game and OT on Friday for the MOOSE.
Comrie mad a save on a 2 - 0 break away and then Petan got the goal the other way.
Very exciting stuff.
Petan is up to over a point a game in the AHL

As has been stated many times give Petan, Perreault and Armia on his wings as we had for a long stretch on the 4th line and I think he would do pretty well.

It's gonna be tough on the Moose with us taking all of their players... oh well.
But Ehlers Perrault and Little are playing so well I doubt if we break up that line just to help Petan out.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Sicker than a dog yuck !!!
I watched a Jets team that controlled play and had bad puck luck mostly.
Probably could have been 6-0
Pretty impressive team right now...
GJG

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
My main takeaway from that is that if you rotate the image clockwise and launch Hendricks and Little to the sun, the Jets' names on the chart form some sort of a trophy.

View attachment 95769

Coincidence? I think not.

It could resemble a parade route if you imagine it starting at the Forks running through the exchange district back onto Main Street towards Portage & Main then down Portage avenue to Memorial through the legislative grounds, before returning to the Forks via Broadway ;)

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
They were the lead story on late night Sportsnet and second story on TSN after ladies curling. Maybe we're a bit too sensitive?
This. It's time to get over it. It's been this way going back to the 1.0 days and the Jets will never get balanced coverage. It will improve slightly when we have some playoff success but will ultimately keep catering to a much larger eastern -Canadian populace.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
It could resemble a parade route if you imagine it starting at the Forks running through the exchange district back onto Main Street towards Portage & Main then down Portage avenue to Memorial through the legislative grounds, before returning to the Forks via Broadway ;)
1) am a Finn, not a Canadian
2) awful at directions
3) short memory

That Cup will be lost in no time.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
But Ehlers Perrault and Little are playing so well I doubt if we break up that line just to help Petan out.

Who said anything about breaking up MP-L-E
Assuming Lowry, Tanev and Hendricks are out next game I would assume something like below.
Laine-Wheeler-Roslovic (or Connor)
MP-Little-Ehlers
???-Copp-Armia
Lemieux-Petan-???

If Lowry is in then this gets shuffled.
Connor (or Roslovic) will either be on the 3rd or 4th depending on Lowry.
If Lowry is out we'll need a 3rd Moose call up.

A Lemieux-Petan-Connor 4th line would be better for Nic then some of the line mates he's had at the NHL level.

Edit to the bolded.
I wasn't suggesting play Petan with them right now.
It was an example of a 4th line that he never saw during his time.
Just realizing I've left Dano out of the mix.
He'll be on the 4th with all these injuries... no 3rd Moose call up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad