Post-Game Talk: Flames Lose 4-1, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I've heard other posters on this board refer to it in the past. I can tell from hearing him speak that he has a stutter.

I'm positive that Johnny Damon also has one. He always very controlled when he talks.
It is possible. I just assumed it was the foreign thing. Kipper was much the same way when we first acquired him

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I also heard there were like 5 fights outside of the arena as well. Canuck fans are the worst.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Looking back at the replay, I agree with you in that Hamhuis didn't intend to fight Engelland there, and it looks like Hamhuis protected Engelland's head when all three of them went down.

I wonder if a third player is still able to join a fight though, regardless of the intention. If you're a guy like Engelland who sees another player come in, he won't perceive it as someone coming in to separate the fight, which is exactly why he took both on.

Good point. It's hard to say. I also think that the intention of the rule was to bar someone from jumping into a distinct fight between two players, as opposed to a 3rd guy jumping into a scrum where there's a 1v1. In this case, there was a distinct fight between two individuals. Tough call. I think the NHL waives the Engel/Hamhuis suspensions and calls it a night. No real purpose to disciplining either one further in terms of deterring further misconduct.

Just my opine.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The main board is just... no words. So much ******** being spewed. It angers me.

I should just log off before I say something I regret.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bob McKenzie is laying down his holy word:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago
Engelland's three game misconducts, I am told, are in different categories, so they don't cumulatively result in automatic suspension(s)...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 38s39 seconds ago
That said, Engelland could still be suspended as a result of the instigator penalty in the final five minutes. NHL apparently has 3 options:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3s3 seconds ago
1. @NHLPlayerSafety can uphold the instigator call, uphold auto one-game suspension and $10K fine to Hartley, or...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago
2. @NHLPlayerSafety can rescind the instigator, in which case there's no suspension to Engelland and no $10K fine to Hartley, or...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 13s14 seconds ago
3. @NHLPlayerSafety can uphold instigator call, have it count towards running total for Engelland but choose not to enforce the suspension.

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
z2KgcNJ.gif

Great job by the officials.:shakehead

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
IMO there is a better chance that Russell gets suspended than Engelland

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
z2KgcNJ.gif

Great job by the officials.:shakehead

And that's in slow-motion. In fast motion it looks a lot more vicious.

IMO there is a better chance that Russell gets suspended than Engelland

Thankfully:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 21m21 minutes ago
As for Russell crosscheck on Bonino that has many wound up, as @FriedgeHNIC noted on broadcast, nothing expected in terms of supp discipline

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
The main board is just... no words. So much ******** being spewed. It angers me.

I should just log off before I say something I regret.

******* them. BoHoe > Monahan, Stajan parenting stuff...

I am heading to bed myself.

All i know is that I am willing to bet anything on the Flames stepping up big time Sunday.

Good night fellas. Remember, 1-1 is good for road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad