Post-Game Talk: Flames Lose 4-1, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
The GDT in the Playoffs forum is enraging me, I have to stop reading it or i'm gonna have some infractions coming in.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That can't be possible. Did they give him one for each Canuck that approached him for a fight?
Yes. Technically by the letter of the rule anyone to drop their gloves after the first fight gets a game misconduct. If Engelland fights 2 players he gets 2 game misconducts (because Stajan/Richardson was the first fight). But when the 2nd fight is because of a third man in they need to remove one of the game misconducts.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
HcjJUvz.jpg

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Engelland played pretty poorly. Potter's clearly not doing anything and the 3rd goal was largely his fault. Let's finally give Wotherspoon a chance. Give Hiller the start on sunday and maybe give Raymond a shot. We lacked speed tonight and he's probably eager to play against his old team

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
What pisses me off is how I have to deal with listening to a couple of Canuck-infected Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson throughout this series. They obviously have a hard-on for Vancouver and it's a ****ing joke how they have to rationalize everything in favour of those ****ers.

If Engelland gets a one game suspension while Hamhuis walks away with nothing, I will be furious.

God I ****ing hate Dorsett, Bieksa, Burrows, and the Sedin sisters. Good on Ferland for giving a **** tonight, he is going to leave a huge impact in this series.

I am thankful that this game re-ignited a deep hate toward that team. Hartley HAS to get the team to come out flying on Sunday.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Engelland played pretty poorly. Potter's clearly not doing anything and the 3rd goal was largely his fault. Let's finally give Wotherspoon a chance. Give Hiller the start on sunday and maybe give Raymond a shot. We lacked speed tonight and he's probably eager to play against his old team
Other than the first goal Engelland had a pretty strong game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I disagree. Potter was awful, but aside from coughing up the first goal, Engelland was a stud from what I saw. Lots of smart pinches and calm play in the defensive end. Don't think he got beat once after the first period.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I disagree. Potter was awful, but aside from coughing up the first goal, Engelland was a stud from what I saw. Lots of smart pinches and calm play in the defensive end. Don't think he got beat once after the first period.

Other than the first goal Engelland had a pretty strong game.

I thought it was a step down from his play in the last month but I guess I'm in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00