Post-Game Talk: Flames Lose 4-1, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2014
Dumb Dumbs.. I am quaking in my boots.

Hartley with his coaching mind games. Next game's tone has already been set!

Fantasy Billionaire

Feel The Heat
Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
8:43 CGY Deryk Engelland Game misconduct - 10 min against Derek Dorsett
18:43 CGY Deryk Engelland Game misconduct - 10 min against Derek Dorsett

What BS is this? :rant:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
8:43 CGY Deryk Engelland Game misconduct - 10 min against Derek Dorsett

What BS is this? :rant:

Nothing for Hamhuis though. :laugh:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
All I Know is Hartley has to settle things out in practice tomorrow. Work the 1st line hard - not with game-day contact, but with bag-skate and line drills. Get this line ready to play and effective at the drop of the puck. We haven't had but minor glitches in that line's performance all year. Let's keep it that way.

Also, Hartley pulled Ramo too early. That could've waiting until 1 1/2 to 2 minutes til the end. No need to pull a Patrick Roy. It's not normal procedure.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
All I Know is Hartley has to settle things out in practice tomorrow. Work the 1st line hard - not with game-day contact, but with bag-skate and line drills. Get this line ready to play and effective at the drop of the puck. We haven't had but minor glitches in that line's performance all year. Let's keep it that way.

Also, Hartley pulled Ramo too early. That could've waiting until 1 1/2 to 2 minutes til the end. No need to pull a Patrick Roy. It's not normal procedure.

There has to be away for Hartley to get the guys to play harder in the 1st. It could have been a completely different game if we played well in the first period.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
The thing about Hamhuis is that I don't think the intention of the 3rd man in was to penalize players jumping in and separating, I think the intent was to ensure one player doesn't get ganged up on... and objectively speaking it didn't look like he threw any punches, nor did Bieksa while he intervened, so it's hard to know how the league will handle it.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Did anyone see this post?

LOL I loved Richardson pounding Stajan. He's as good at fighting as he is parenting, it appears.

I think I am heading to bed. I can't believe someone would say something like this.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Did anyone see this post?

I think I am heading to bed. I can't believe someone would say something like this.
there is even worse on twitter. I won't share here because it is so disgusting but Darren Haynes made a comment about it.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
yeah main boards is too much... the ploffs guy "vcanuck" returns with his usual stuff

too funny

game 3 is gonna be a war and I love it

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
There has to be away for Hartley to get the guys to play harder in the 1st. It could have been a completely different game if we played well in the first period.

Fact.

The guys can't just keep on showing up part way through the 2nd and then going gang-busters in 3rd. It's ridiculous.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought alot of it was the language barrier. many people don't realize he is swedish

I've heard other posters on this board refer to it in the past. I can tell from hearing him speak that he has a stutter.

I'm positive that Johnny Damon also has one. He always very controlled when he talks.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
The thing about Hamhuis is that I don't think the intention of the 3rd man in was to penalize players jumping in and separating, I think the intent was to ensure one player doesn't get ganged up on... and objectively speaking it didn't look like he threw any punches, nor did Bieksa while he intervened, so it's hard to know how the league will handle it.

Looking back at the replay, I agree with you in that Hamhuis didn't intend to fight Engelland there, and it looks like Hamhuis protected Engelland's head when all three of them went down.

I wonder if a third player is still able to join a fight though, regardless of the intention. If you're a guy like Engelland who sees another player come in, he won't perceive it as someone coming in to separate the fight, which is exactly why he took both on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln