GDT: Flames @ Jets | The Legend of Calgary: Majooris Mask | Saturday 1 PM MT|SN|

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Well at least this is very similar to the last game vs Vancouver last year. We got hammered and we are now getting hammered. Gaudreau got his first point, and look at what he has done this season. Bennett is doing the same thing, which definitely means he will score 60+ points next season :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ah ok..thanks

If the Flames lose in the round, dont they get the higher pick among the teams that exist the same round if they have the lowest point?

Just asking since I honestly dont know

Won't make a difference. Only team we can flip-flop with in the standings is Vancouver, and our seeding relative to them will be determined by our playoff series anyway, not prior standing.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Well I'm not sure what else we could of expected. We essentially iced an AHL squad on D today.

I think its a toss up with hindsight being 20/20 and all whether this was the right thing to do. We had a chance for home ice. Gaudreau gets tied by Stone.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Won't make a difference. Only team we can flip-flop with in the standings is Vancouver, and our seeding relative to them will be determined by our playoff series anyway, not prior standing.

OK..too complex for me :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Its based on how they finish in the playoffs. I.e. Stanley cup winning team gets the last pick
Yes, almost. Division winners still play a part too.

1: Lottery winner
2-14: Reverse order of standings (excluding lottery winner)
15-24 (range changes depending on division winners eliminated early): Reverse order of standings of non-division winners eliminated in round 1 & 2
25-26 (range changes depending on division winners eliminated early): Reverse order of standings of division champs eliminated in round 1 & 2
27-28: Conference Finalists
29: Cup Finalist
30: Cup Winner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad