Value of: Flames Fire Sale

Bond

May 10, 2012
Lol.
Not even remotely close. Like one tiny bit.
But garbage returns are great! I personally liked Hanifin and Bennet for Dunn, Kyrou, and a 1st or Thomas and Dunn that a Blues fan posted

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
The Flames would need a half-dozen win streak (and more) if we wanted to have a crack at playoff hockey. That’s pretty tough. So, off to selling we go.

Ryan
Bennett
Nesterov
Rittich

Multi years left
Giordano
Gaudreau
Monahan

Really aren’t expecting the world on the first list of players. Time to open up some spots for youth, gain some picks/projects. Gaudreau, Gio, and Monahan obviously cost more. Would only take on cap dumps that have 1/2 years left.
The current Flames management seem a little stubborn for a sell off like this.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
But garbage returns are great! I personally liked Hanifin and Bennet for Dunn, Kyrou, and a 1st or Thomas and Dunn that a Blues fan posted

Can we have a 24 year old top pairing for some spare parts plz?
That’s the issue with the term fire-sale. Even with parameters people think it’s everything not nailed down.

Want Hanifin? Find us a 1C. No? Then f*** off. Easy.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Why is any team moving "ANYONE". Why would a rebuilding team move guys who 22-24 years old unless even better and younger players are coming back.

I do think the the whole "untouchable" thing is a load of BS. Any player has a price. The price for a player like Tkachuk is a better and younger player who is further back in the development process. So, if you want Tkachuk, you'd better be providing a very very good prospect. Think a recent #1-3 overall.
No. Some teams that are good are not moving anyone.
The Flames are terrible so they should be prepared to move anyone if the interest and deal is there.
The problem with keeping a group of players that are your best is that you will get next to nothing for the rest of the crap.
You think other teams want many of the Flames players when they are playing like crap?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Calgary left wing sucks bad, they need a couple top 6 lw players .
They theoretically have a strong left side at forward.

Gaudreau
Tkachuk
Mangiapane
Dube
Lucic

is very solid. Their issue is completely on the right side and down the middle. Down the middle they have some good pieces but no stand-out talent, and the righe side has uhh... Ritchie and Leivo as natural RW's.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ledge And Dairy

Calgary left wing sucks bad, they need a couple top 6 lw players .
About

Calgary : Hanifin + Bennet
For
Habs : Chariot + Lekhonen + A prospect (Norlinder) + 4rd 2021 (vegas)
Are you drunk? Calgary's LW sucks bad? They have arguably the best left wing depth in the league, the problem is thats literally all they have.

In what world is Norlinder an "A" level prospect. Habs fans are something else man

Reactions: Nanuuk

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
They theoretically have a strong left side at forward.

Gaudreau
Tkachuk
Mangiapane
Dube
Lucic

is very solid. Their issue is completely on the right side and down the middle. Down the middle they have some good pieces but no stand-out talent, and the righe side has uhh... Ritchie and Leivo as natural RW's.
Do you think Mangiapane will be available and what would it take from Isles? I kind of like the way he plays. What is his current salary and term?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
No. Some teams that are good are not moving anyone.
The Flames are terrible so they should be prepared to move anyone if the interest and deal is there.
The problem with keeping a group of players that are your best is that you will get next to nothing for the rest of the crap.
You think other teams want many of the Flames players when they are playing like crap?
The Flames have plenty of players who are playing well and are older.

The retool should be to salvage as many assets from their 26+ guys, keep the younger good players, and bring in better forwards. No rebuilding team sells off guys like Andersson, Valimaki, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Hanifin, Lindholm, etc.. why would the Flames move guys who are still developing unless even higher end talent is coming back?

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
What is Bennett's value purely in terms of picks/futures?
I have to think a late second or 3rd+ meh prospect or straight up for a B-level prospect. If we don't get a 2nd or prospect we like maaaybe he could be had for a 3rd straight up just cause it's looking like we're gonna lose him in expansion anyway, but at that point maybe we keep him cause that's pretty meh value

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I have to think a late second or 3rd+ meh prospect or straight up for a B-level prospect. If we don't get a 2nd or prospect we like maaaybe he could be had for a 3rd straight up just cause it's looking like we're gonna lose him in expansion anyway, but at that point maybe we keep him cause that's pretty meh value
Funnily enough a 3rd + meh prospect is pretty much what I had on my mind, assuming that Calgary don't want Compher in return instead.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Funnily enough a 3rd + meh prospect is pretty much what I had on my mind, assuming that Calgary don't want Compher in return instead.
Ya definitely looking more for picks and prospects and not a roster player with a contract past this season. 3rd+meh prospect would be ok, I'd defnitely look for a 2nd or a 1-for-1 for a prospect first, and I think there could be a team that bites on a 2nd if maybe we add a later pick or something. Like Bennett+4th for 2nd or something. Along those lines, Bennett+3rd for Timmins? Or is he part of the long-term plans with Graves potentially on the outs due to expansion

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ya definitely looking more for picks and prospects and not a roster player with a contract past this season. 3rd+meh prospect would be ok, I'd defnitely look for a 2nd or a 1-for-1 for a prospect first, and I think there could be a team that bites on a 2nd if maybe we add a later pick or something. Like Bennett+4th for 2nd or something. Along those lines, Bennett+3rd for Timmins? Or is he part of the long-term plans with Graves potentially on the outs due to expansion
Timmins isn't untradable, and might actually be our best trade chip at the deadline, but he won't be moved for a 4th liner who will be exposed in the expansion draft. Maybe Bowers could work in that sort of trade, but it depends on how highly Sakic rates him which is a bit uncertain at this stage.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Both Armia and the 2nd round pick are better players than Bennett.

Armia is a good player for sure, but the Habs now have a glut of right wingers and could use Bennett’s heavy game for their playoff run. Calgary needs a right winger with size that can score. Armia can do that while dominating the boards, something Sutter will appreciate. Bennett is also an RFA which means the Habs have control of his rights while Armia is a UFA after this season, and I’d be asking for Calgary to retain a portion of Bennett’s contract, so thats the reason for adding the 2nd. Habs would then have two power forwards in their top 9 under team control. Overall I think it’s fair value and so do both fan bases (for the most part) so I hope it’s able to happen.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I don’t think you have to worry about losing him to expansion. There is absolutely no way Seattle takes him and then pays him his qualifying offer of 2.6.
I do think you will lose him to free agency after Calgary chooses not to qualify him though.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Timmins isn't untradable, and might actually be our best trade chip at the deadline, but he won't be moved for a 4th liner who will be exposed in the expansion draft. Maybe Bowers could work in that sort of trade, but it depends on how highly Sakic rates him which is a bit uncertain at this stage.
Ya super fair I knew it was a longshot, just had to ask in case with expansion looming and Timmins being an RFA with little room for advancement given how sick your depth chart is. I'm a huge Timmins fan from his days in the OHL and think you should hold onto him and that in 2-3 years he'll be yet another gem for your bottom pair. Bowers would be interesting if we can't get a 2nd, which I think we possibly could so idk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad