Value of: Flames Fire Sale

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The Flames would need a half-dozen win streak (and more) if we wanted to have a crack at playoff hockey. That’s pretty tough. So, off to selling we go.

Ryan
Bennett
Nesterov
Rittich

Multi years left
Giordano
Gaudreau
Monahan

Really aren’t expecting the world on the first list of players. Time to open up some spots for youth, gain some picks/projects. Gaudreau, Gio, and Monahan obviously cost more. Would only take on cap dumps that have 1/2 years left.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I think Rangers should trade several prospects they don't need to get Bennett who is likely an upgrade over Lemieux who was just traded away. Howden + couple decent prospects?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why do that from an Arizona perspective? Have you seen enough of Hayton already to deem him worthy of being moved out?
Hayton is still an excellent prospect. I would argue our top five prospects are Hayton, Soderstrom, Jenik, Prosvetov and Maccelli. 4/5 are in Tucson and all four are putting up numbers way below expectation. The team down there is struggling mightily.

Keller is 22 and leading the team in scoring yet again.

This offer isn’t about not having faith in Hayton or Keller, for that matter. I think both are excellent assets. The offer is about giving to get. I don’t expect prying Tkachuk out of a Calgary is likely to be easy.

The appeal of Tkachuk is cultural. I’d like to see Arizona shift their identity. Bill Armstrong started this process over the summer by shipping out Stepan and bringing in a bunch of guys who are tough to play against (Larsson, Pitlick, Caggiula, Hayden, etc) for the bottom six. I’d like to see the this extended to the top six.

I’ve listened to Mike Futa talk a lot about the approach he and Dean Lombardi took when they started running the Kings. As much as I hate them, I always admired the way that team was assembled from hiring, to drafting, to trades, and free agency. I’d like to replicate it to some extent.

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
Flames should just blow it up already. Forget the playoffs, this core can't even get it done in the regular season. Keep Lindholm and Hanifin and move everyone for salary dumps and picks (OKC style).

Reactions: viper0220

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hayton is still an excellent prospect. I would argue our top five prospects are Hayton, Soderstrom, Jenik, Prosvetov and Maccelli. 4/5 are in Tucson and all four are putting up numbers way below expectation. The team down there is struggling mightily.

Keller is 22 and leading the team in scoring yet again.

This offer isn’t about not having faith in Hayton or Keller, for that matter. I think both are excellent assets. The offer is about giving to get. I don’t expect prying Tkachuk out of a Calgary is likely to be easy.

The appeal of Tkachuk is cultural. I’d like to see Arizona shift their identity. Bill Armstrong started this process over the summer by shipping out Stepan and bringing in a bunch of guys who are tough to play against (Larsson, Pitlick, Caggiula, Hayden, etc) for the bottom six. I’d like to see the this extended to the top six.

I’ve listened to Mike Futa talk a lot about the approach he and Dean Lombardi took when they started running the Kings. As much as I hate them, I always admired the way that team was assembled from hiring, to drafting, to trades, and free agency. I’d like to replicate it to some extent.
I get wanting to bring in Tkachuk from a cultural standpoint, but that seems like a lot to give up for a guy like that. Especially when the other piece coming with him is god awful.

Reactions: SpaceCoyote

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bennett is somehow still getting insanely overrated in this thread. Shouldn’t be valued at Howden+ nor a Hayton level prospect.

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Compher (Sutter will love him)
for
Rittich

toss fringe prospect or pick swap on there if you want
If the Flames need a Goalie to end the season filling the taxi squad spot they can take Miska

rt

May 13, 2004
Bennett is somehow still getting insanely overrated in this thread. Shouldn’t be valued at Howden+ nor a Hayton level prospect.
The proposal isn’t Keller for Tkachuk and then Hayton for Bennett. It’s Keller and Hayton for Tkachuk and then Bennett gets added to close that gap a little.

Reactions: Nightrain

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The proposal isn’t Keller for Tkachuk and then Hayton for Bennett. It’s Keller and Hayton for Tkachuk and then Bennett gets added to close that gap a little.
I think you’re overrating both Tkachuk and Bennett tbh.

Reactions: SpaceCoyote

rt

May 13, 2004
I think you’re overrating both Tkachuk and Bennett tbh.
Tkachuk is worth some amount more than Keller. Hayton is worth some amount more than Bennett. I don’t know what the size of the delta is in either case. Being that I’m the one attempting to trigger the movement, I was accepting that the Hayton-Bennett delta is likely notably larger than the Keller-Tkachuk delta. But I’m not sure it’s by an unacceptable amount.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad