Value of: Flames Fire Sale

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Would take it. I like Armias size and shot. Right handed shooter too, could play in the top six. DEAL

I think it’s a good deal for both teams. Habs get some sandpaper for the playoffs and shed some salary (maybe Calgary could retain a portion) to acquire a defenseman, Flames get a right winger that as you mentioned has size and can play in the top 6 (and his UFA status is offset by the higher pick). Good hockey trade.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Interesting thought there about renegotiating early.
I guess if he felt obligated he could just take less but the NHLPA would fry him if he did.
I wonder if a staggered contract starting at 9 mil and going down would fulfil the QO? Like 9, 7,7,6,4?

He can re-sign for any contract value prior to accepting the QO. It could $1 million for all the CBA cares.

Only the QO has to be $9 million.

Reactions: theguardianII

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
They were missing a key ingredient that every single Cup-winner possesses: good luck.
1*vnLpt03J-4sDA1DYWqilMA.jpeg

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Andersson isn’t going anywhere... that’s too much coming from Calgary. Gaudreau and Monahan can go, as well as the high ‘21 1st, but Andersson needs to be swapped out for a lesser asset.
Lol get real. 2 struggling top 6 guys who aren't young enough to go through a rebuild and an average defenseman and a 1st gets Eichel? Absolutely not.

The Sabres would want valuable futures, not what the Flames have to offer.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Ya I'd be very down for that as well

I'd do it as a Habs fan as well, I would say maybe work on an extension with Armia first and drop the pick to a 3rd etc.

But I'd be okay with the above deal as well.

Sam Bennet would look sick with KK and Toffoli I think in the playoffs.

I'd love to see a bottom six of

Bennet - KK - Toffoli
Perry - Staal - Caufield

Only time I'd ever be okay with caufield on the 4th with 2 former superstars who are just old. Also you take a cheapshot at caufield you deal with Perry.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I'm interested in a base of Armia vs Bennett and I would let the Flames the right to talk to Armia for a contract but I'm not sure I'm adding a 2nd with Armia. Armia is 28 yrs in 2 months and he's averaging 20 goals by season since he's in MTL. No problem adding something but not a 2nd

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lol get real. 2 struggling top 6 guys who aren't young enough to go through a rebuild and an average defenseman and a 1st gets Eichel? Absolutely not.

The Sabres would want valuable futures, not what the Flames have to offer.

Relax dude, lol. There would have to be suitors for both players giving futures to Buffalo. Otherwise if makes zero sense. And I was saying offer a top prospect in there rather than Andersson. You’re also selling Andersson short.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Relax dude, lol. There would have to be suitors for both players giving futures to Buffalo. Otherwise if makes zero sense. And I was saying offer a top prospect in there rather than Andersson. You’re also selling Andersson short.
What would you call Andersson? I wouldn't say he has impressed this year.

Also a lot of rumblings about him being a bad locker room presence, makes you think when there is smoke there's probably fire. Hell I saw a clip where Lucic wouldn't even pat him after a goal was scored (Lucic high 5ed everyone else) and this happened before Andersson was eaten alive for his puck stealing shenanigans.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
About

Calgary : Hanifin + Bennet
For
Habs : Chariot + Lekhonen + A prospect (Norlinder) + 4rd 2021 (vegas)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: