GDT: Flames at Jets. 6pm MT, not on TV.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Its right there in the post you quoted :)

Not saying i like it, but thats Gulutzan's MO.

I'm not asking why he might have the leg up. I'm wondering why Gulutzan doesn't give himself the best chance to evaluate these guys by removing variables.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Kulak's been the best of the bunch tonight. Bartkowski probably makes the team because default; he's not an NHL'er though. And if he's playing regularly, the bottom pairing will continue to be a tire fire, night in, night out.

Andersson's basically an NHL'er but his handedness might cost him. Valimaki and Wotherspoon are probably getting cut tomorrow.

Shinkaruk has been entirely invisible this preseason. Jankowski on the other hand, is very clearly an NHL'er. Foo doesn't seem too far away. We'll see if that's still the case after spending time in Calgary's quagmire of a developmental system.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Haven't been watching the game.

Interested in how Lazar and Poirier are playing. I think both have something to prove and are running out of time. So far from what I've seen of either player, neither deserve to be playing in the NHL.

So what are they? Studs or duds?

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Expected more from a guy like Cramarossa, you'd think he would like to stick in the NHL for a little longer.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kulak's been the best of the bunch tonight. Bartkowski probably makes the team because default; he's not an NHL'er though. And if he's playing regularly, the bottom pairing will continue to be a tire fire, night in, night out.

Kulak has been awful. Given up a rush 4 or 5 times. Really the entire Flames' blue line was. Kind of harsh that even with all these "promising" defensive prospects none of them look ready for a #6 spot.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Kulak has been awful. Given up a rush 4 or 5 times. Really the entire Flames' blue line was. Kind of harsh that even with all these "promising" defensive prospects none of them look ready for a #6 spot.

Remember when people were worried Vegas will claim him? Lol

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Haven't been watching the game.

Interested in how Lazar and Poirier are playing. I think both have something to prove and are running out of time. So far from what I've seen of either player, neither deserve to be playing in the NHL.

So what are they? Studs or duds?

Lazar looks a little tentative with the puck, makes interesting reads that seem about 50/50. Poirier is invisible.

How's Lack looking?

Not great but he's kinda being thrown to the wolves by his team to be fair.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Janko's going to make the team.

This is definitely a "Mark Jankowski" type game I was referring to the other day. Before today he hadn't played like himself.

As for the #6D, I still hope it's Kulak. I trust a 30 game NHL sample in the actual role over a 2-3 game preseason sample. If this decision comes down to preseason performance and Bartkowski gets it by default, the Flames' bottom pair will be a liability for yet another season. I'm not worried about Kulak's tough night, it's not indicative of his game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is definitely a "Mark Jankowski" type game I was referring to the other day. Before today he hadn't played like himself.

As for the #6D, I still hope it's Kulak. I trust a 30 game NHL sample over a 2-3 game preseason sample.

That's fair. Definitely we get caught up as fans in watching pre-season games and completely re-evaluating everything we know about guys.

We want guys to come in and have their best hockey games ever in camp to make the team, but if a veteran has a bad week in the middle of the season, it's completely overlooked.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Not too late to give Wideman a call lel

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’m not watching this game, but I’m really disappointed in Kulak. I heard him on the radio today and he said he’s happy with the camp he’s had. He should have brought it way more than he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad