GDT: Flames at Jets. 6pm MT, not on TV.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Probably make it or break it for most of this roster. If Wotherspoon can't outplay Bartkowski in this game I'll have lost all hope for him. Good to see Tkachuk and Monahan back on the ice.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Not enough cuts have been made on the offensive side of things. 6-8 of those players are getting cut immediately after this game, so I'm not sure why they're playing tonight when pre-season is almost over.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Also FYI it is on TV.

It's on center ice for free. It's channel 351 on Shaw. (It's the TSN 3 feed, but free through center ice)

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Lack with literally 0% chance on both goals so far. Jets PP going in dry on our PK.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Trouba is what 6'4, 6'5? Guy plays like such a soft player, gets beaten in fights by guys much smaller than him (Bennett), and gets dumbied by Tkachuk who is also much smaller; Touba's only reaction is to snap his head back.

Also, nice goal from Monahan.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
And Mason proves why the Jets won't make the playoffs again this year.

Our only 2 real NHL players with both goals.

Also, how can people not pronounce Tkachuk's name right? It isn't hard, it's ch-uh-k.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Buff goes after Rasmus, but won't fight Gazdic.

I won't call Buff a fake tough guy (he is the opposite), because I know he can go 2 on 1 and win, but come on bruh.

Also, nice fight from Lomberg, two small guys going at it. lol

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Was jamming with coworkers and we went late. Can someone give a quick recap? Sounds like Mony and Tkachuk are playing well?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Monahan had a sick goal; his pick up of the puck was very Crosby-esque to get him a break away and he sniped it past Mason.

Tkachuk with a shot off the rush that went in, wasn't really a snipe, off a turnover from Scheiffle.

Lack had no chance on either Jets goal, both on the PP.

5v5 has been much closer, we carried the first couple minutes but the Jets have pretty much dominated the Flames. But comparing the rosters, it should be a bloodbath.

Lomberg and some other small guy fought, was a pretty good tilt from both players.

I don't think any of the 5 d-men have stood out in a positive way, they've all had turnovers though.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Liking the sound of tkachuk-monahan-foo if it's working...

Tkachuk-Monahan-Foo
Gaudreau-Bennett-Ferland
Jankowski-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Stajan-Brouwer

Please!

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Good in that period:
Tkachuk (He's Back :naughty::naughty::naughty:)
Monahan (That goal was a beauty. Kind of started slow though, needs to drive play more.)
Jankowski (His best period of preseason so far. )
Foo (Definitely his best period of preseason, by far. I really like his play in the D-zone, some Steen-esque responsibility there)
Dube (Seriously this kid is an NHLer.)
Stone (probably wants a re-do on both those PKs though)

Eh:
Andersson (could have closed quicker to shorten that looong hemmed in sequence but otherwise solid)
Kulak (Some good moments but a penalty and a breakaway not doing him any favors)
Wotherspoon (I liked his game, though that one giveaway was a mess)
Bartkowski (One of his better periods for sure... which is not saying much)

Bad:
Valimaki (Getting cut tomorrow probably. He's Just Not Ready.)
Lazar (everything just dies on his stick and looked kind of meh on the PK)
Lomberg (didn't really notice him outside of a penalty and a fight...)

Didn't really notice:
Hathaway
Shinkaruk
Poirier
Gazdic
Cramerossa

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Thanks guys. Sounds like the Jets are more or less icing their NHL roster?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad