GDT: Flames at Jets. 6pm MT, not on TV.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I’m not watching this game, but I’m really disappointed in Kulak. I heard him on the radio today and he said he’s happy with the camp he’s had. He should have brought it way more than he has.

As I understand it his play's improved throughout the game. But he should be the clear choice at this point given that the two guys he's competing against are awful, he hasn't made nearly the impression he should.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
How did Hathaway get turned by Trouba there but Bennett slaughtered Trouba?

I don't understand this game anymore.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
As I understand it his play's improved throughout the game. But he should be the clear choice at this point given that the two guys he's competing against are awful.

Kulak hasn't been as bad as people are saying, but it's true he's had better camps.

Game 1 he was our best defenseman. But everyone watched the other split squad game.

Game 2 he had two solid periods and one tough one (where the whole team was ass). Even then, the "minuses" he took in that game were not solely on him.

Game 3 (tonight) he's had quite a few tough plays against Patrik Laine or Nikolaj Ehlers who aren't exactly scrubs that a third pair D usually matches against, but he's also had some steady play in between. Also the goal he got caught up was something that yes, he coughed the puck up, but Lack and the other four skaters on the ice should have been able to freeze nonetheless. I've seen Gio, Brodie, Hamilton have worse games.

Overall, the biggest thing for Kulak in my eyes is to cut down on the stick penalties.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
How did Hathaway get turned by Trouba there but Bennett slaughtered Trouba?

I don't understand this game anymore.

A fight can be determined by a slip-up or just getting off-balance from the start. The best fighter doesn't always win.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Monahan trying to get fancy at the blue line there almost cost us.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Kulak hasn't been as bad as people are saying, but it's true he's had better camps.

Game 1 he was our best defenseman. But everyone watched the other split squad game.

Game 2 he had two solid periods and one tough one (where the whole team was ass). Even then, the "minuses" he took in that game were not solely on him.

Game 3 (tonight) he's had quite a few tough plays against Patrik Laine or Nikolaj Ehlers who aren't exactly scrubs that a third pair D usually matches against, but he's also had some steady play in between. Also the goal he got caught up was something that yes, he coughed the puck up, but Lack and the other four skaters on the ice should have been able to freeze nonetheless. I've seen Gio, Brodie, Hamilton have worse games.

Overall, the biggest thing for Kulak in my eyes is to cut down on the stick penalties.

This has kinda been the story for him in Stockton as well, but as we've see him play better I'd expect a bit more.

Honestly if Kulak makes the team he will not be outstandingly better than Bartkowski would be, the difference is that he has room to grow as a player and Bartkowski does not.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Laine is going to be so stupidly good. The Jets can ice anyone else they want and Laine and Scheifele will perennially carry the team into the playoffs.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Do the Flames still have the same strength and conditioning coach as in 14/15?

To a man, every player looks slow and weak out there. Not just in this game, but all pre-season.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Kulak, Bartkowski, and Wotherspoon are making it easy for the Flames brass. Send everyone down to the AHL, and Keep Anderson up for the start of the season and play him with Stone but move Stone to the left side. Should be easier for Stone, as veteran to transition to the left than a rookie.

I mean, what the hell, the Flames can only dress 20 players for a game so they're only going to dress 6 d-men, 12 forwards, and 2 goalies anyways.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wonder if we'll see any decent LHD going on waivers in the next few days. Maybe the Flames make a claim; anybody but Bartkowski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad