Flames 5 @ Oilers 4 - Orange is the New Blue, with a Frolik Hatty

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I think I forgot to save my edit :laugh: I added that it wasn't directed just at you, I am just tired of everyone piling on him when in the grand scheme he is one of the least significant problems.

yeah I think everyone is just frustrated at how the season has gone so far, since last season went so well for us. it's natural to start critiquing any little thing.

Like how god awful the Russell Wideman pairing has been.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Well, no matter in what way you look at it, Russell is still our 4th best defenseman. He's not playing bad because of lack of effort, so you can only hope players like him step it up internally.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Well, no matter in what way you look at it, Russell is still our 4th best defenseman. He's not playing bad because of lack of effort, so you can only hope players like him step it up internally.

Agreed. However, he was god awful last night. If Ortio is being sat, Russell deserves to as well. More than anything it's sending the right message. But I suspect that if Russell is being shopping, our GM would have vetoed this.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Was reading CP, and a poster named Mike F did some research and determined that, advanced statswise, the Flames have just had their best 5 game stretch since the start of last year. With NHL caliber goaltending tonight, I think the Flames have a really good shot at winning this game.

Keys tonight will be finishing their chances, limiting the speed of Jesus and Hall, and being able to bounce back after any soft goals.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I really hope Gaudreau gets a goal. He is soooooo due. Always leading the charge, dangerous as hell. Now he just needs a few lucky bounces to get the ball rolling.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Was reading CF, and a poster named Mike F did some research and determined that, advanced statswise, the Flames have just had their best 5 game stretch since the start of last year. With NHL caliber goaltending tonight, I think the Flames have a really good shot at winning this game.

Keys tonight will be finishing their chances, limiting the speed of Jesus and Hall, and being able to bounce back after any soft goals.

We need to be just all **** it and jump out of the gates like its new season.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, October is almost over. Just forget about it, move on and play REAL hockey starting tonight.

because what we played during October, was not real hockey.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Agreed. However, he was god awful last night. If Ortio is being sat, Russell deserves to as well. More than anything it's sending the right message. But I suspect that if Russell is being shopping, our GM would have vetoed this.

This is what I'm thinking as well. I'd imagine if you have guys like Russell and Wideman on the trading block, giving them a healthy scratch would cause some depreciation in their values.

I mean their current form is enough causing their values to depreciate, so as a GM you might not have other alternatives than just keep putting them on the ice hoping they'll step it up.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Yeah, October is almost over. Just forget about it, move on and play REAL hockey starting tonight.

because what we played during October, was not real hockey.

Yup. No reason to get so far deflated we waste the rest of the season. We can turn this thing around.

Starix

Jan 31, 2015
This is what I'm thinking as well. I'd imagine if you have guys like Russell and Wideman on the trading block, giving them a healthy scratch would cause some depreciation in their values

It could also mean that a deal is imminent and it might cause some competition among GMs. Russel should be sat, what has he earned over Smid this year, besides having a horrendous +/-.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why Bollig.
Call up Hathaway.
or Agostino.
or Klimchuk.
or Shore.
or Granlund.

Probably only Granny and Agostino are NHL ready. Klimchuk is still figuring out professional hockey and Shore hasn't been a force like last year. Hathaway hasn't done much in the A either really.

I thought Grant played well enough to deserve a spot. I think Calgary might want to dress Bollig because of the rivalry with these teams, I know Oiler's aren't really a tough team or anything... If things boil over, you have a ref. Not much of any other reason to have him out there.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Probably only Granny and Agostino are NHL ready. Klimchuk is still figuring out professional hockey and Shore hasn't been a force like last year. Hathaway hasn't done much in the A either really.

I thought Grant played well enough to deserve a spot. I think Calgary might want to dress Bollig because of the rivalry with these teams, I know Oiler's aren't really a tough team or anything... If things boil over, you have a ref. Not much of any other reason to have him out there.

Not to mention the NHL has this thing called a roster limit and we are at the max. We can't just recall anyone we want all silly nilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad