Post-Game Talk: Flames 3 Oilers 2 - four losses in a row

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This is the same Glass that whupped Kassian's ass in game 1 of the season. It just goes to show you how tough Looch is. At least he hasn't forgotten that part of the game. How hilarious would it have been if he caught Smith with a punch? Smith wouldn't need to dive for once.
There’s a lot about that sequence I’m still laughing about almost an hour later but seeing how big Lucic’s eyes got when he saw that Smith’s mask had fallen off was the funniest. Looch wanted to punch his face so bad.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
A guy like Raanta is not going to come here anyway, he wants a starters gig. Better to stay in Arizona where you have a starter spot.

I’d go for it. But I’m not Chia. Probably would look at some Isles pick up hah

Hello Halak

Like I said to Vain Gretzky in the GDT, it wouldn't matter who they brought in to push Talbot anyway as long as Schwartz is the goalie coach. Hopefully he is shit canned too. Maybe Talbot bounces back under a decent goalie coach.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
There are far less pure fighters left in the game at the NHL level. So most of these guys want no part of Looch because he'd beat the tar out of them. For that reason Looch needs to play with an edge and have guys like Glass step up to the chopping block. Of course our PK blows and our coach doesn't like such things so yeah.

For sure, he needs to engage and force the issue. He did almost none of that post-Christmas. McLellan let his struggle turn into being all about getting a goal. Nothing else mattered, just play an exhausting amount of ice time every night with gifted minutes so you can score. I think we've seen that was the completely wrong approach. The goal changed nothing for him and just ended up being a huge waste of everyone's time. Finally weeks later he looks a little bit alive again just in time for the season to be over.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
Have to sign Raanta if he makes it UFA. Oilers were interested him in the past if I recall correctly

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Did he play well?

I’m not saying he’s a bad player. Everyone played horrible.

I’m fully aware of how good he is so no need to get your panties in a knot
No he didnt...but saying hes not enough of a shooter is ludicrous.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Flames might have had two scoring chances all game. None of those goals go in on a decent goalie. You could tell once again that Talbot was going to have a stinker of a game right away.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Have to sign Raanta if he makes it UFA. Oilers were interested him in the past if recall correctly

He's not signing here unless they offer him the starter spot. He will sign in Arizona because he has a shot there. Nobody willingly wants to be a career back up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There’s a lot about that sequence I’m still laughing about almost an hour later but seeing how big Lucic’s eyes got when he saw that Smith’s mask had fallen off was the funniest. Looch wanted to punch his face so bad.

He would've ****ing wrecked him. I never cared for Smith from his pre-Flames days, that would've made me a lot happier even with the loss.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Team has killed my will to complain about non-calls on us. It really makes no dif at all. Thanks for taking that away from me Woodcroft and McLellan.

I really don’t get all the hate for the coach tbh. If anyone should take the blame for the season it’s Chia. It’s plainly evident he bet on:

1) Drake and Slepy to take a step forward (they didn't)
2) Sekera being out for half the year wasn’t going to be a problem (it was)
3) Klefbom pitting up the points from the blueline (nope)
4) Talbot stopping pucks (nyet)
5) Drai carrying his own line (...)
6) interchangeable pieces - centres that can play wing or centre (sort of)

Obviously almost none of it worked but hockey writers called the Oilers contenders at the beginning of the year and no one thought any different. Turns out this is a flawed team more than it's an underperforming one. That’s on the GM.

The PP could be better, no doubt, but it is a bad PP with the least opportunities (by a mile) in the entire league. Practising a PP in game situations is much more valuable than practising the PP against yourself. I still believe the coach and gm are capable hockey people, let’s see if they learn from their mistake.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Frustrating. Flames playing like complete a**

Smith steals two wins against Edmonton

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
If not Raanta then one of the Caps goalies would be great. I’d like Samsonov but Gruebauer (spelling?) would be great as well

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
For sure, he needs to engage and force the issue. He did almost none of that post-Christmas. McLellan let his struggle turn into being all about getting a goal. Nothing else mattered, just play an exhausting amount of ice time every night with gifted minutes so you can score. I think we've seen that was the completely wrong approach. The goal changed nothing for him. Finally weeks later he looks a little bit alive again just in time for the season to be over.

This is why I want hi stapled to a disturber. If we could sign Rousel that would be perfect. Rousel starts the **** and Looch finishes it.

Reactions: oobga and rambo97

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad