Post-Game Talk: Flames 3 Oilers 2 - four losses in a row

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Let Montoya start the last 3 games.

Might as well see how well he can play in the last few games so we see if we need to sign another goalie (if Chia is reading this: Yes. Yes we do). Though ideally he's probably your 3rd goalie, we just never have had a proven backup because Chia is gonna Chia.

Last edited:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Montoya seems to be steller when he comes into the game cold but seems to struggle when you give him starts. If only he could somehow transfer that play when he starts a game. He seems to like the reinforcement "here comes the cavalry" role, too bad he can't be more of a front line goalie.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Even if we lose the last 3, there is a decent chance we fall out of the top 10 for drafting

Do explain?

The Oilers would have the seventh pick now. Losing the last three would leave them sixth at best (worst?). The most they can fall is three spots which would be the ninth pick.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think Bear could be that guy... well on 2nd unit anyway... they still should get another good PP dman.

Yet wasn't used. McLellan and Woodcrap are utter dog shit. Nice to see them talking with the clipboards covering their mouths. Probably discussing on how to negate a PP goal for us per usual.

Reactions: oobga and PulYou

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Team is full of players without a shooters’ mentality.

That includes McDavid.
Yah what a fkn plug... 13th in the entire league for shots and 41 goals.... why would you even bring him up for that argument?????

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
These coaches are garbage worst pp I have ever seen

T-Mac is hoarding timeouts like a squirrel hoarding nuts. This is the worst bench managing coach I have even seen, roll all 4 lines, no timeouts, pull the goalie 1-2 goals too late, the list goes on and on. Hate Chia all you want, this coach is ****ing terrible.

They kept the clock ruining after the whistle blew

Yup, more BS. Oh well it's not like a win would've done anything anyway. This coaching staff needs to gtfo the second the season ends, no exit interviews with the players from them, just the GM and Keith Gretz.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Bad starter. Bad defense. Bad powerplay.
Coaching.. I am baffled why they're not using time-outs.. Give the guys a rest ,a chance to reset.. whatever.. It has some value in the right situations. I keep harping on the same thing because I just don't understand..

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I think Bear could be that guy.

It’s pretty sad that Bear is our best D option for our PP.

No one else on D can do shit with the puck.

Sekera - shoots to hit bodies, not the net
Russell - thinks the puck is a grenade
Larsson - wild card because not enough offensive looks but historically, already know to lack offensive thinking
Nurse - Ive never seem a player that is so highly touted yet the moment the puck is on his stick, it’s a cluster f***
Auvitu - just sucks

Hell, I hate Klef and I’d rather him than everyone else but Bear

Thanks Chia

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
When the PP is this bad, McDavid should just shoot it every decent opportunity he gets. But then we might actually score a PP goal on occasion, so he'd get benched from the PP by Woodcroft for not listening to his brilliant "make 100 passes first" strategy. Pass until the goalie passes out from exhaustion. I really can't discern any strategy at all, and maybe that's what's so troubling.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Yah what a fkn plug... 13th in the entire league for shots and 41 goals.... why would you even bring him up for that argument?????
He should be first. The amount of chances he gets and doesn't shoot is a problem

Reactions: frag2

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Might as well see how well he can play in the last few games, and maybe earn a new contract. Though ideally he's probably your 3rd goalie, we just never have had a proven backup because Chia is gonna Chia.

I think he still has another year left, but I don't know what to do about Talbot.

Goaltending is the one job where if you can't get shit done, you need to get someone who will.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Did he play well?

I’m not saying he’s a bad player. Everyone played horrible.

I’m fully aware of how good he is so no need to get your panties in a knot

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Don't want to see Talbot back. He hasn't had one hot streak that I can recall and has let in the first shot over ten times I believe. Montoya should have started.

Bad memory I guess.

Literally just before these past 4 games he had an 8 game stretch where he went 7-1 with a 1.86GAA and a .948sv%

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
It’s pretty sad that Bear is our best D option for our PP.

No one else on D can do **** with the puck.

Sekera - shoots to hit bodies, not the net
Russell - thinks the puck is a grenade
Larsson - wild card because not enough offensive looks but historically, already know to lack offensive thinking
Nurse - Ive never seem a player that is so highly touted yet the moment the puck is on his stick, it’s a cluster ****
Auvitu - just sucks

Hell, I hate Klef and I’d rather him than everyone else but Bear

Thanks Chia
Osterle and Davidson weren’t too bad with the first pass :(

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He should be first. The amount of chances he gets and doesn't shoot is a problem

Exactly. It’s almost like he was trying to get Drai a goal instead himself putting one in.

Too bad pointing it out somehow makes it look like you’re shitting on the player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad