Post-Game Talk: Flames 3 Oilers 2 - four losses in a row

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
The first 20 games he was also trying to overcome his concussion, which would explain, as you said, why he had his "head up his rear."

Regarding the missing chances thing, it seems like he's just snakebit right now, which is completely frustrating.

Nobody's putting down RNH or McDavid, who are also obviously great players. I think his point is that Draisaitl takes a heap of crap on these boards yet RNH gets a free pass despite having a much lower PPG than Drai, even considering RNH has had a quite a bit of time with McDavid.
Whoa, RNH has not had quite a bit of time with McDavid. I think RNH PPG with McDavid is as good as Draisaitl (not sure about that, but its very close). Its not just about points, along with Russel, I would say RNH gives his best every game.
Draisaitl is highly talented and its not about comparing the two, Draisaitl needs to put in effort in every game, not just some. I dont see how that us unfair criticism, it seems pretty obvious. If we are going to blame the concussion on very poor first part of season, then we should also give many other players a pass that have had injury issues we know of and some we obviously dont know of. Some I suppose are legit.

Kind of burns me we got beat by Calgary's B team and our first line was a no show along with our putrid PP.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Drai has received criticism, but Looch and Talbot have suffered far more attacks. Not saying those criticisms aren't deserved for all three players, but I haven't seen anyone unduly targetting Drai.

It gets pointed out when he's dogging it on the ice because he's a high profile player. With great pay comes great expectations. He's struggling to live up to those expectations when he's separated from Connor. Don't get me wrong, he's had a fairly good season, he just needs to improve on his effort being more consistent (as even his biggest fan has pointed out).

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
It gets pointed out when he's dogging it on the ice because he's a high profile player. With great pay comes great expectations. He's struggling to live up to those expectations when he's separated from Connor. Don't get me wrong, he's had a fairly good season, he just needs to improve on his effort being more consistent (as even his biggest fan has pointed out).

Drai is getting paid money to drive his own line.

Consistency is the problem and is something all players are expected to provide.

Reactions: nabob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad