Post-Game Talk: Flames 3 Oilers 2 - four losses in a row

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
If we have a league average goalie in net, and Mike Smith doesn't continue his miraculous play against the Oilers we win this game 6-0. Unfortunately we have an absolute clown for a starter.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Wish we could have won that and maybe cause Looch to be more of a goalie aggressor. Galvanize us ala Lucic/Miller 2011.

Reactions: Aerrol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Even if we lose the last 3, there is a decent chance we fall out of the top 10 for drafting

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Liked the fight... always nice to see some Flames blood spilled.

Don't care about the loss but pissed there's no McPoints to widen the Art Ross lead.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Several people in the thread tonight were saying that. Its laughable.

IMO Drai is our clear cut 2nd best player and Nuge is our clear cut 3rd best player.

Drai had a concussion this season. It would be pretty stupid for him to want to get another one getting in a fight. We got players here that are supposed to address that kind of thing. With Drai he'll nail you on the next shift or get in your grill which he did there. Sure didn't back off from it.

How often do guys get concussed from fights against non goons though? I think that if he went against another non fighter and thrashed him it'd send a message to those types.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Don't want to see Talbot back. He hasn't had one hot streak that I can recall and has let in the first shot over ten times I believe. Montoya should have started.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
At least there was some emotion in the third period. Terrible game otherwise. Mike Smith is the same POS he’s always been. Felt sorry for Glass who wanted no part of fighting Milan Lucic. That head on shot of the two of them lined up for the face off said it all. Glass swallowing hard and looking back at the bench before the puck dropped was hilarious, fit with my joke about them drawing straws to see who had to go get Lucic.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
I was entertained with the 3rd period, the result doesn’t really matter. We need a point shot on the PP in the worst way going into next year.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Yea the static powerplay definitely didn't help at all, more of a momentum killer than anything all night long.

Team is full of players without a shooters’ mentality.

That includes McDavid.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Don't want to see Talbot back. He hasn't had one hot streak that I can recall and has let in the first shot over ten times I believe. Montoya should have started.
Even points early in the season when the team was playing okay he couldn't stop a beach ball. He allowed a goal in the 1st shot of the game for what, the 15th time this season?

Reactions: Summary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad