OT: Fitness and Nutrition XII

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Seeing what I see here I'm reminded how much the human race neglects proper fitness and nutrition, essential for overall quality of life. People eat and sleep without even thinking but all too often forsake fitness and are poorly informed and or misinformed as to what it is they actually need. Smart nutrition alone is not sufficient and the human body requires physical exertion for maximum benefits. So many humans lack discipline and are quick to make excuses why they don't have a regime. It's not all that difficult to maintain or even improve ones fitness regardless of condition or disabilities.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Skiing is a way of life.

Being near a mountain has been a life changer. Not even kidding. I've grown 3 inches both of height and of penis, my kids respect me now and I've warded off at least 3 robberies at our local McDonalds by cheer intimidation.

I've also started to laugh and demean all these parents with kids and 40-60 hour jobs who because of lack of discipline are quick to make excuses about their lack of fitness. It's just not that difficult ffs, just work less, ignore your kids and make your babies look at you train at 6 am when he wakes you up so he'll get good habits right from the f***ing start. Bonus points if you make him fast while doing it.

So anyways, skiing is cool and a very unaffordable but cool way to get the exercise in. The family ski pass has been one of the first things on the budget for the last 2 years. There's also something very meditative about carving your way down the slopes. The main problem I need to figure out is how to manage calories as I get as hungry as after a good swim.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Is @Kriss E ever logging in? This made me think of him.

PXL_20240105_202554250.jpg

Yep, been in Physio for a year. Brutal.

But I’m almost there. Between the shoulder and long Covid I haven’t been able to work out in about two years. My guess is I’ll be able to start again in March.
What are the treatments for long COVID?

Does the Canadian medical establishment recognize it as a real illness?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Is @Kriss E ever logging in? This made me think of him.

View attachment 797290

The CHUM has a clinic.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What are your guys thoughts on the mRNA vaccines now?

I got two Pfizer and one Moderna of the original strain and there's a part of me that wishes I never got them. I wish I could have done Johnson and Johnson plus Novavax, or something.

Reactions: LesCanadiens

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What are your guys thoughts on the mRNA vaccines now?

I got two Pfizer and one Moderna of the original strain and there's a part of me that wishes I never got them. I wish I could have done Johnson and Johnson plus Novavax, or something.
I have covid right now. Its back in very strong as it is usually around christmas.

Not informed on vaccines at all, but I kinda wish people would get them. I got three like you but havent had one since 2022. Now that its too late, I guess Ill get on next november-ish.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Not much you can do about it. My son and I had it for about six months but with totally different symptoms. I was severely fatigued and he had achy joints. Just really really strange.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Skiing is a way of life.

Being near a mountain has been a life changer. Not even kidding. I've grown 3 inches both of height and of penis, my kids respect me now and I've warded off at least 3 robberies at our local McDonalds by cheer intimidation.

I've also started to laugh and demean all these parents with kids and 40-60 hour jobs who because of lack of discipline are quick to make excuses about their lack of fitness. It's just not that difficult ffs, just work less, ignore your kids and make your babies look at you train at 6 am when he wakes you up so he'll get good habits right from the f***ing start. Bonus points if you make him fast while doing it.

So anyways, skiing is cool and a very unaffordable but cool way to get the exercise in. The family ski pass has been one of the first things on the budget for the last 2 years. There's also something very meditative about carving your way down the slopes. The main problem I need to figure out is how to manage calories as I get as hungry as after a good swim.
That was an entertaining post!

• Love
Reactions: Andrei79

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

“Leg day.” “Arm day.” “Chest day.” We often go to the gym targeting specific muscle groups each time. But this is very old-school bodybuilding — and it’s not ideal. When you start splitting the body up too much, you have to start doing 5 to 8 sessions a week — which is completely unrealistic for most people.

Here’s a different way to think about it: focus on body movements. Not the muscles on your body. Here’s how it works: there are 5 basic movements to structure your strength-training routine: squat, lunge, hinge (lower body), and push and pull (upper body). Different exercises activate these different movements, which in turn works many muscles at once — a more holistic and productive approach to both building muscle and burning fat. Train like an athlete, not like a bodybuilder. These exercises require minimal equipment, and many don’t require equipment at all.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Only posting tweets in this thread for discussion purposes only. I am not personally recommending nor vetting any trainer or any of their methods.

As with any other online self-styled “expert” whether it be training, finances, nutrition, therapy, supplements or any link or source one posts on this forum, always conduct your own research and consult accredited experts of your own before you undertake any course of action.

I thought this was self-evident but I guess it doesn’t hurt to underscore.

If the mods don’t wish for any Twitter fitness links to be posted anymore, please advise and I’ll refrain from doing so in the future. Thanks.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Only posting tweets in this thread for discussion purposes only. I am not personally recommending nor vetting any trainer or any of their methods.

As with any other online self-styled “expert” whether it be training, finances, nutrition, therapy, supplements or any link or source one posts on this forum, always conduct your own research and consult accredited experts of your own before you undertake any course of action.

I thought this was self-evident but I guess it doesn’t hurt to underscore.

If the mods don’t wish for any Twitter fitness links to be posted anymore, please advise and I’ll refrain from doing so in the future. Thanks.
I don’t see an issue with it. Just know that what gets posted here is the opinion of the person out there and not necessarily factual. If a particular topic becomes controversial then we can review/restrict. But in general I don’t think it’s against the rules to post a fitness twitter post.

If I’m incorrect, some other mod can weigh in here.

Reactions: Runner77

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

I can’t take these anti cardio posts serious. Cardio is not needed to get shredded, but it has boat loads of health benefits.
I’ve always stopped running in my he winter, but this year I’m going to continue he with zone2 and base building. Be in race shape by spring/summer. Doing a marathon in the fall.

Reactions: waitin425

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can’t take these anti cardio posts serious. Cardio is not needed to get shredded, but it has boat loads of health benefits.
I’ve always stopped running in my he winter, but this year I’m going to continue he with zone2 and base building. Be in race shape by spring/summer. Doing a marathon in the fall.
Good on you, I admire marathoners. Id love to do one, one day.

Its a lot for my blob of a body though. I really like hiking and Ive started splitboarding, insane cardio/calorie burning.

Reactions: waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I did my first last year.....was a bucket list thing in my 40's. Remarkably I lost very little weight throughout the 4 months of training. Probably because my diet was shit and it just doesn't come off like it used to. The past few months has been spent doing full body HIIT workouts. I feel way better than the running, and if it wasn't for gains in muscle mass, I am sure I would have lost some lbs.

Good luck with your marathon! No feeling like crossing that finish line!

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

“Leg day.” “Arm day.” “Chest day.” We often go to the gym targeting specific muscle groups each time. But this is very old-school bodybuilding — and it’s not ideal. When you start splitting the body up too much, you have to start doing 5 to 8 sessions a week — which is completely unrealistic for most people.

Here’s a different way to think about it: focus on body movements. Not the muscles on your body. Here’s how it works: there are 5 basic movements to structure your strength-training routine: squat, lunge, hinge (lower body), and push and pull (upper body). Different exercises activate these different movements, which in turn works many muscles at once — a more holistic and productive approach to both building muscle and burning fat. Train like an athlete, not like a bodybuilder. These exercises require minimal equipment, and many don’t require equipment at all.

Solid advice for your average fitness enthusiast looking for general physical preparedness who isn't necessarily a competitive athlete or bodybuilder. Add in some loaded carries and core work and you're golden.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
If you have no muscle mass you won’t get shredded no matter how much cardio you do, I think that’s the point (I didn’t read it)

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Skiing is a way of life.

Damn, can't believe I would finally reach 6 inches if I ski more. Thanks for the tip!

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I did my first last year.....was a bucket list thing in my 40's. Remarkably I lost very little weight throughout the 4 months of training. Probably because my diet was shit and it just doesn't come off like it used to. The past few months has been spent doing full body HIIT workouts. I feel way better than the running, and if it wasn't for gains in muscle mass, I am sure I would have lost some lbs.

Good luck with your marathon! No feeling like crossing that finish line!
Yeah, I enjoy the running. Nothing makes me feel better, I enjoy lifting too, but it’s not the same feeling. If body transformation is your goal then there are better ways of getting there then running, but running is good for other reasons.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Yeah, I enjoy the running. Nothing makes me feel better, I enjoy lifting too, but it’s not the same feeling. If body transformation is your goal then there are better ways of getting there then running, but running is good for other reasons.
Not sure how experienced you are...my only piece of advice I'd give for training for that first marathon, is truly slow down those long runs. Slower than what your target pace is for the marathon. Speed work once maybe twice a week, majority of training slow.

Check out kipchoges training regime. It's shocking how slow he goes on long runs.

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Im so winded because of COVID. Its like i lost a lung, my capacity is so bad I cant even rap EMINEMs verse on forever. (Im kidding but thats how i realized my capacity was a lot worse than usual, lmao.)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00