OT: Fitness and Nutrition Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I’m under eating cuz of a specific reason

But I’m eating 6 inch French bread sandwich for lunch man that’s the worst I guess to lose weight ? I wanna est or I will die lol

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Coffee starts your feeding schedule. Anything you put in your mouth outside of water will start this process.
Dr. Rhonda Patrick explains it well here:

I don't think that she explained it to be honest. The only digestive molecule that she referred to is insulin and that's very minimally effected by caffeine. A lot of people have done long term fasts with caffeine and have had the standard benefits. She briefly says that there are no studies on caffeine itself.

It may be the case that a brrak from coffee is beneficial as well, but thatst not shown right now, and is not suggested by the available data.

Similarly I looked into dry fasting a while back. A lot of internet people say that it's wonderful. But ... ThetesTno actual data to support it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think that she explained it to be honest. The only digestive molecule that she referred to is insulin and that's very minimally effected by caffeine. A lot of people have done long term fasts with caffeine and have had the standard benefits. She briefly says that there are no studies on caffeine itself.

It may be the case that a brrak from coffee is beneficial as well, but thatst not shown right now, and is not suggested by the available data.

Similarly I looked into dry fasting a while back. A lot of internet people say that it's wonderful. But ... ThetesTno actual data to support it.
She states that anything you put into your body that needs to be processed starts your internal clock, which makes sense.
But also adds that there is no empirical data.
In a nutshell, what I take from this is To simply trial and error.
Try both ways, see if you feel and/or see a difference.

Side note, we are about to introduce DNA testing to our clients here. Should be interesting to see what comes from this.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I’m under eating cuz of a specific reason

But I’m eating 6 inch French bread sandwich for lunch man that’s the worst I guess to lose weight ? I wanna est or I will die lol

Are you the guy with the micro-appetite? I'm not sure I don't remember. If you have that issue man then I don't know what to say. That is so far beyond my experiences lol.

The French bread sandwich is probably bad but ultimately it largely depends on what's inside. I used to go to sandwich places like Jimmy John's for lunch on a regular basis, and I stopped. What I found was that they gave me an accelerated appetite a few hours down the line, if I ate at 1200pm I'd be starving at 300pm.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Are you the guy with the micro-appetite? I'm not sure I don't remember. If you have that issue man then I don't know what to say. That is so far beyond my experiences lol.

The French bread sandwich is probably bad but ultimately it largely depends on what's inside. I used to go to sandwich places like Jimmy John's for lunch on a regular basis, and I stopped. What I found was that they gave me an accelerated appetite a few hours down the line, if I ate at 1200pm I'd be starving at 300pm.

what is inside is fine maybe besides 1 teaspoon of mayo , but its turkey . i remove the cheese

its the bread, i read its between 50 g to 70 g of carbs for 6 inch french bread. jesus i hope their math is wrong. but i dont eat much at all so maybe not a big deal. I eat supper, i drink 2 glass of milk to get my fat.i try to eat 2 bananas daily. and some fruits at night. i think thats 1300 calories range LOL but looks like a high carb intake. from my experience lately, no matter how low i eat calories i dont seem to lose weight at all because of the carbs :(. The reason i undereat is because its ramadan, i profit to try to lose weight and stop eating fast food. At home i cant eat cuz mommy gonna kill me, so i buy a sandwich at lunch. And i eat supper when ramadan breaks. Some carbs and lots of fruits , more carbs? lol

im not the micro appetite guy im more of the under eating idiot guy that wants to lose weight without exercising.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoupeStanley

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
what is inside is fine maybe besides 1 teaspoon of mayo , but its turkey . i remove the cheese

its the bread, i read its between 50 g to 70 g of carbs for 6 inch french bread. jesus i hope their math is wrong. but i dont eat much at all so maybe not a big deal. I eat supper, i drink 2 glass of milk to get my fat.i try to eat 2 banans daily. and some fruits at night. i think thats 1300 calories range LOL but looks like a high carb intake. from my experience lately, no matter how low i eat calories i dont seem to lose weight at all because of the carbs :(

im not the micro appetite guy im more of the under eating idiot guy that wants to lose weight without exercising.

You dont need to exercise to loose weight, actually low calorie without exercise is a pretty effective way to loose weight. Nothing wrong with that

Reactions: Gains

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

its the bread, i read its between 50 g to 70 g of carbs for 6 inch french bread. jesus i hope their math is wrong. but i dont eat much at all so maybe not a big deal. I eat supper, i drink 2 glass of milk to get my fat.i try to eat 2 banans daily. and some fruits at night. i think thats 1300 calories range LOL but looks like a high carb intake. from my experience lately, no matter how low i eat calories i dont seem to lose weight at all because of the carbs :(

Have you tried high protein low carbs diet? I tell you it's tough and not really recommended when exercising heavy, but it helped me shred. Try IF, it might help you.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
How do you guys feel about weightlifting belts, yay or nay? I’ve never had one and I was wondering if it’s a worthwhile investment when I’m squatting/deadlifting in my 90% of 1RM 3/6 reps range?

I should also note that I have no intention of competing in power lifting competitions so I don’t really care that it's forbidden in those.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
How do you guys feel about weightlifting belts, yay or nay? I’ve never had one and I was wondering if it’s a worthwhile investment when I’m squatting/deadlifting in my 90% of 1RM 3/6 reps range?

I should also note that I have no intention of competing in power lifting competitions so I don’t really care that it's forbidden in those.

yay for me, even if you don't compete. I wear mine on squat, bench deadlift. They help most on squats followed by deadlift and bench.

Reactions: Suiteness

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

I feel that some people use belts because they omit to develop their core properly... so I'm not huge on them.

Now, if your beltless squat is already at 500pounds and you're trying to go higher to compete or something, then sure, why not.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

I don't wear one but I should especially when doing squats / deadlifts.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I was wondering, what are the defining factors of a fast? How impactful is zero calories vs a few calories in a fasting windows?

The science isn't clear, but I suspect it's like everything else in that nothing is black and white. Having a few calories throughout the fast might not be as good for you as going 0 calories, but you'll still get some benefits.

It's probably a lot like working out inconsistently, it's better then not working out at all, but not as good as working out consistently.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Yep. Use them over 85% mostly, or when I feel like my back is dead or what ever. Theyre a must, no matter the raw numbers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
yay for me, even if you don't compete. I wear mine on squat, bench deadlift. They help most on squats followed by deadlift and bench.
Id say I feel it a lot more on my deadlifts than my squats, I can brace really well while squatting without one. Wearing it high changed the way i deadlift by a lot IMO.

Reactions: Mathletic

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
any examples of high protein foods? i guess meat but anything healthy i can eat on a regular basis?

I eat too much carbs, the high carb low calorie diet i think is BS to me, you cant lose weight on that. Need to eat more meat i guess

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, etc.

oh wow i didnt know tuna was that good, its not that fat. Im looking at nutrition facts. I guess i will buy tuna sandwish now instead of french fattening bread with meaningless turkey

ps: i just ate a ton of tuna

Last edited:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
oh wow i didnt know tuna was that good, its not that fat. Im looking at nutrition facts. I guess i will buy tuna sandwish now instead of french fattening bread with meaningless turkey

Fat is very good for you if it comes from healthy sources: grass fed beef, wild caught fish, avocados, nuts, eggs (free range ideally), coconut, etc.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I try and avoid restaurant tuna as it's usually loaded with mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is extremely rich, it may be the case that home-made mayonnaise is good for you (I don't know), but the ones used by restaurant are almost certainly not. I do however have tuna at home. I buy them in the cans where they come with olive oil, that's my favorite flavor.

Greek yogurt means a different thing everywhere. I prefer to buy yogurts which are high in fat, have lots of different bacteria, and have no added sugars. If you do want some sweetness, you can dissolve a bit of honey or crush some blackberries in there.

Anyway, protein ...

Meat
Fish
Eggs
Dairy without sugar added, such as low-sugar yogurt, cottage cheese, goat's dairy is great too
Beans/Legumes/Pulses, such as chickpeas, green peas, and lentils
Peanuts, peanut butter with no added sugar or salt
Tree nuts
Hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

The thing about tuna however is that there may be trace of mercury, so by eating a lot you increase the amount you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad