OT: Fitness and Nutrition Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Kkkkkk i took the weights down by 10 pounds on my 1rm because i couldnt finish my 2nd set of 8s today :laugh: **** this is hard.

Yeah, you're not supposed to miss any rep. Go with 90% of your 1RM if its your first smolov. Or, a weight you know youd never miss. Dont project a 1RM, it doesnt work.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm really happy I took it slow returning to fitness after almost a two year layoff. Haven't injured myself and starting to feel great. Stength is almost half what it wad but slowly returning.

Yeah, I already knocked off 10% off my 1rm when i started, now i just took it down 10 pounds.

Ok, didn't know that, makes total sense. I really think its going to be huge for you if you can get all the reps in (watch out for tendonitis and the like).

Keep us posted.

Reactions: Mathletic

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm really happy I took it slow returning to fitness after almost a two year layoff. Haven't injured myself and starting to feel great. Stength is almost half what it wad but slowly returning.

Ok, didn't know that, makes total sense. I really think its going to be huge for you if you can get all the reps in (watch out for tendonitis and the like).

Keep us posted.
Its weird because I dont have any trouble with the low reps, its the three sets of eight that i cant finish for the life of me. Im so not used to work in that range its killing me. Tomorrow is the third day, ill probably start to get used to the volume soon enough.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I upped my calories a bit, I'm at 3300 cals right now. 250 carbs/200 Proteins/150 Fat.

Id love to go higher but I don't believe I can, my last meal of rice and ground meat basically makes me throw up :laugh: I'm not huge on high carbs but I have no other choice, theres no way around it if I want to eat more than 3000 calories, I just dont make it without those carbs.

Reactions: Mathletic

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I upped my calories a bit, I'm at 3300 cals right now. 250 carbs/200 Proteins/150 Fat.

Id love to go higher but I don't believe I can, my last meal of rice and ground meat basically makes me throw up :laugh: I'm not huge on high carbs but I have no other choice, theres no way around it if I want to eat more than 3000 calories, I just dont make it without those carbs.

I'm on a high proteim cut. Lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks. Can't say I feel hungry but I can't wait eating again.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I hate how I can eat for 10000 worth of carbs but Proteins just makes me so full. Rice too, even though it's a carb, it makes me super full.
To get my calories up evenly, I'd eat carbs that include protein. So I'd have ground beef that I'd eat with spoonfuls of hummus, and I'd snack on nuts all day.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I've lost 35 lbs in the past 18 weeks! Gained some muscle along the way too.
Been eating 1g protein per pound of body weight and a 500 calorie defecit every day...lifting about 4 or 5 times a week (push/pull/legs....repeat) and my only cardio is going for walks with the family or playing in the pool with my family.

Still want to lose about 25 more pounds of fat and hopefully be around 12 to 15% body fat.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
To get my calories up evenly, I'd eat carbs that include protein. So I'd have ground beef that I'd eat with spoonfuls of hummus, and I'd snack on nuts all day.
One of my main problem, I think, is that I start eating too late in my day. Im lazy as f*** so I dont eat until 9h30 10 or something like that

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't know, i don't seem to have the appetite for it, I basically force feed myself. Having a few more hours to process all that food would probably be best.
Well, if you're goal is to get big, unfortunately force feeding is the only option.
I used to down gainers when I wanted to bulk, but really, those are nasty and you have to force feed as well.

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well, if you're goal is to get big, unfortunately force feeding is the only option.
I used to down gainers when I wanted to bulk, but really, those are nasty and you have to force feed as well.
My goal is to get stronger, nothing else.

Well, get stronger and look somewhat like i lift some.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
A friend of mine used to make home-made weightgainers. He would basically grab a tub of ice cream, dump a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter in there, put that in the microwave for a minutes and chug that sucker down.:laugh:

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I watched Joe Rogan's interview of Gary Taubes yesterday. There's a lot of good material in there. Taubes went over a lot of the history off sugar and diabetes.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I do intermittent fasting and it helps me a ton. Some people call it BS, all I can say is that it works for me.

Same here, I haven't lost a ton of weight, probably because of alcohol, but I feel much better overall now that I do IF, lots more energy and clarity.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Fasting had helped me but my motivation the past six months has been shit. In did a lot of travelling between November and April, which entailed a lot of eating, and it's hard to get back into things. I did however manage a ~42-hour fast between Saturday night and Monday lunch time, that was good, and the first in several months.

Yesterday I bought a plane ticket to visit Montreal in late June to see friends and family. I don't even want to go, but I felt like I have to.

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->