OT: Fitness and Nutrition Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Joe seemed angry that Firas spoke about philosophy, I've never seen him so close minded. Anyways , analytical philosophy does that to me too.
From having watched a lot of Joe's podcasts, when he disagrees he likes to question and argue. It's not necessarily bad, I think they weren't necessarily explaining themselves perfectly well. Firas had to change his analogies a few times to make himself clearer.
To me, arguing about what makes the letter "A" actually the letter "A" is a bit of pointless discussion.
I think Joe didn't agree about how Science isn't concrete, so they wasted time on this because Firas didn't explain it too well. Essentially, Firas was only saying that science is forever evolving and changing, therefore you cannot call what you know today as an absolute truth, and so it is an hypothesis.
Felt like they were arguing over semantics a bit.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
The thing is that I think Firas was pretty clear, as explaining something so precise will take some time. I felt Joe had more of a anti intellectual stance than a real disagreement. At the end he even says "Well, we could spend our life discussing these subjects and it would lead us nowhere".

I follow Joe and it's the first time I see him so close minded and almost trying to not understand a guest. I think he wanted to talk mma.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The thing is that I think Firas was pretty clear, as explaining something so precise will take some time. I felt Joe had more of a anti intellectual stance than a real disagreement. At the end he even says "Well, we could spend our life discussing these subjects and it would lead us nowhere".

I follow Joe and it's the first time I see him so close minded and almost trying to not understand a guest. I think he wanted to talk mma.
Could be. I wanted them to talk more about training as well, I don't really care about these deep philosophical questions that have no answers.
Maybe in 5000 years we will realize that 1+1 isn't 2, but it's actually 5. Or maybe we will realize that there is an evil seed inside some fruits that make us terribly sick but is currently completely invisible to us.
Maybe we are in a game...sure...I mean, there's no way for us to know right.
Cool. So what now? Well nothing. I still have to go to work, make money to live my comfortable life, deliver on deadlines, sleep, eat, etc...
I find these discussions pretty freaking pointless.

I tuned in to listen about training and fighting, not Joe and Firas deep thinking about what is the life.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Often when I'm travelling somewhere, I go to the nearest gym to ask how much they charge for a one week pass or several day passes.

They then say that they don't sell those, they only sell annual passes, but if I want I can just buy an annual pass and cancel it within thirty days.

What exactly is the reasoning behind this? Why not sell f***ing day passes?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Often when I'm travelling somewhere, I go to the nearest gym to ask how much they charge for a one week pass it several day passes.

They then say that they don't sell those, they only sell annual passes, but if I want I can just buy an annual pass and cancel it within thirty days.

What exactly is the reasoning behind this? Why not sell ****ing day passes?
Ive never seen this

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Often when I'm travelling somewhere, I go to the nearest gym to ask how much they charge for a one week pass or several day passes.

What exactly is the reasoning behind this? Why not sell ****ing day passes?

Well they no doubt offer the free cancellation within 30 days as an incentive for people to sign up. So they probably figure there's no point in offering day/week passes since people will go with the free option of signing up and cancelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad