OT: Fitness and Nutrition Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yesterday i was doing pendlay rows with 315 and the gym employee (hes not a trainer screw that) told me i was going to injure myself and that i should use the rowing machine they have... so annoying. Its an absolute necessity that i find myself a new gym now. Cheap or not, i cant take this anymore.
I get the annoyance, that said, you should cut this guy some slack. At least it shows he cared about your well being. Much better than all the trainers who watch members do terrible movements and say nothing.
You should get this guy a cup of coffee to say thank you instead...lol

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This looks fun:
elevated-feet-plank-e1341335428925.jpg

OK, enough posts for today.

Bulging, not slipped !
Stay away from that if you are overweight.
Start with this instead:
BHBHold.png

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I get the annoyance, that said, you should cut this guy some slack. At least it shows he cared about your well being. Much better than all the trainers who watch members do terrible movements and say nothing.
You should get this guy a cup of coffee to say thank you instead...lol

Itd be fine if he wasnt annoying as all hell. Whenever i deadlift i cant make a sound (which, i feel, takes away sooo much of my potential as a deadlifter), he gets annoyed when i use chalk, gets annoyed at me bringing my bag in the gym (as if i was going to steal a plate or something).

Its not the dude, its the gym. Its not commercial but its similar to a YMCA.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Itd be fine if he wasnt annoying as all hell. Whenever i deadlift i cant make a sound (which, i feel, takes away sooo much of my potential as a deadlifter), he gets annoyed when i use chalk, gets annoyed at me bringing my bag in the gym (as if i was going to steal a plate or something).

Its not the dude, its the gym. Its not commercial but its similar to a YMCA.
Haha, it's all good man. I was kinda joking. Annoying people and workers are the most annoying thing to people that train seriously.
I signed up to one of those econo fitness gyms because I couldn't work out at the gym I actually worked at with everyone passing comments or annoying me during my trainings.
And man, those econo fit gyms suck.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
injured my shoulder a couple months back and have been doing physio, but I haven't been able to work out my chest or shoulders and it's killing me. Just demoralizing.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
That sucks man. How did you injure your shoulder?

Tendonitis flared up from a previous injury and I tried to push through it, making it much worse. Now I have fraying of the bursa sack to go along with it.

Hasnt' been a lot of fun.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
you guys talk a lot about various machines... you dont do outdoors stuff ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
There isn't much to do outdoors besides bodyweight activities.
walking
running
hiking
climbing
biking
swimming
play summer sport
diving
kayaking

and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

sure, if all you care about is growing biceps, there isnt much to do, but for cardio ? it doesnt even require imagination ;)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
walking
running
hiking
climbing
biking
swimming
play summer sport
diving
kayaking

and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

sure, if all you care about is growing biceps, there isnt much to do, but for cardio ? it doesnt even require imagination ;)

Well we pretty much discuss training here, so I just imagined you were referring to that.
Otherwise of course, there are tons of sports or activities you can do outside.
Personally, Hong Kong is a city that is perfectly designed for public transport. The metro system is well made and efficient. The streets are mostly narrow and there is a 100% tax on cars here. So I do a crap load of walking every day. That is my #1 mode of transportation, walking, then it's the metro.
I also play ball hockey outside twice per week if work permits it, and go swim at the beach.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well we pretty much discuss training here, so I just imagined you were referring to that.
Otherwise of course, there are tons of sports or activities you can do outside.
Personally, Hong Kong is a city that is perfectly designed for public transport. The metro system is well made and efficient. The streets are mostly narrow and there is a 100% tax on cars here. So I do a crap load of walking every day. That is my #1 mode of transportation, walking, then it's the metro.
I also play ball hockey outside twice per week if work permits it, and go swim at the beach.
Was told by chinese friends (who still go back home at least once a year) there isnt much blue sky there, if so, doesnt it worry you when doing outdoors activities ?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Was told by chinese friends (who still go back home at least once a year) there isnt much blue sky there, if so, doesnt it worry you when doing outdoors activities ?
Gonna have to disagree with your friends. Certainly, pollution can be bad at times, but we get plenty of blue skies too. April was mostly gorgeous.
This was yesterday:
View media item 2211Maybe your friends are unlucky whenever they come back to Hong Kong.

Reactions: groovejuice

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
There are lots of great activities that one can do outdoors, but it really depends on your preferences.

Hiking and swimming are great, for example, but they're difficult to organize and plan.

Running can be great, but it's also difficult to organize. You need to avoid smog, you have to worry about the weather, and you need to find a path not cluttered with traffic lights, cars, and other pedestrians. The ease of this depends on where you live. Double that argument for cycling. When I did regularly ride a bicycle, it was annoying, it frequently broke, frequently needed tune-ups, etc.

Gyms are straightforward if you have one at a convenient location with good opening hours.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
For today's lunch I went to Honeygrow (a small American chain) and had a stiryfry of brown rice, spicy tofu, sesame seeds, cashews. green peppers, broccoli, carrots, green peas, mushrooms, coconut curry sauce and siracha sauce. It tasted food and mostly fulfilled my constraints (the sauce tasted sweet though which I didn't expect), however, the portion size was tiny (~500 calories), the vegetable portions (which could otherwise be filling) were miniscule. I was starving after the lunch, or at least I think I was, so I went to a grocery store next door and bought a small yogurt and some mixed fruit. Lunch ended up being ~$15.

So anyway, I learned of an option to avoid.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
There are lots of great activities that one can do outdoors, but it really depends on your preferences.

Hiking and swimming are great, for example, but they're difficult to organize and plan.

Running can be great, but it's also difficult to organize. You need to avoid smog, you have to worry about the weather, and you need to find a path not cluttered with traffic lights, cars, and other pedestrians. The ease of this depends on where you live. Double that argument for cycling. When I did regularly ride a bicycle, it was annoying, it frequently broke, frequently needed tune-ups, etc.

Gyms are straightforward if you have one at a convenient location with good opening hours.
you put on a pair of running shoes, you get out, you run. Come on now DAC, and don't buy cheap 100$ bikes. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I went lifting for the first time in a while, I didn't think too hard about the program.

Squats
Cal-raises done on the seated leg press, since no standing calf was available
back hypertension
incline situps, I'd like to stop doing those as the machine was shaky
MTS decline press
MTS shoulder press
MTS Row (all three of them separate the left and right side)
Assisted chin ups
Running for 15 minutes
Time, ~60 minutes.

For today's supper i went to a place nearby, ordered a large "tourbillon" with extra Oreos and cookies and cream. I think I caught three diabetus.
I used to work at La Cremiere. I did take free ice cream, but never free beaver tails because they looked toxic.

But if I were to have a cheat meal in Montreal, I'd get some take-out from Boustan, a few items from Premiere Moisson like the Paris Brest eclaires that they sometimes make, and then drink it with some La Fin Du Monde.

Embrace being a junk food snob:
IMG_0123.jpg

Unless peanut butter M&M's are available.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad