Fire Hakstol

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It's not about Patrick. It's about putting literally anyone else besides the worst center in the league against the best offensive players in the game.

Laughton-Raffl would be a fine line to try to be competitive territorially and grind along the boards.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Or playing him more than Patrick.

Or even Laughton.

Which isn’t even to say that Laughton is something special... Filppula is just awful and belongs at the bottom of this team.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
10413890_880070855446202_1021058518_n.jpg

I have no comment of any value. Just look at this. And can it be made into a voodoo doll?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
10413890_880070855446202_1021058518_n.jpg

I have no comment of any value. Just look at this. And can it be made into a voodoo doll?

Holy flaming balls, what is that and what do I have to do to get it in my collection?

EDIT: It would cost me $45 for the item and almost as much to ship it here. I'm more than willing to go balls to the wall for a joke, but I think I'll wait and see where I land next before I buy it. Don't kid yourself though, I WILL have one of those.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I love Patrick, but Couturier's defensive ability from day one was as special as you will ever see. If anyone wants to act like Patrick's defensive acumen as a rookie is in the same ballpark's as Couturier's as a rookie, I'm going to vehemently disagree.

Patrick has improved immensely, but he's been beaten positionally for goals and near-goals multiple times in the last month. One luckily got taken back because of a very shaky offsides. As much as I've been against Filppula from day one, and dislike him even more now, I can't really fault choosing to play him in defensive situations more than Patrick. It's certainly not an egregious error like some would like to make you think.

Patrick has been beat physically more than positionally, he just doesn't have good upper body strength right now and it shows in tight quarters.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Sure, if Patrick was 100% Hak would use him like Lavi used Couts - because they were both exceptional talents, people tend to forget that Couts was the #8 pick, and it wasn't based on his skating. There was never a question about Couts' defense, but whether he'd ever score enough to be more than a 3C.

Couts was pegged as a potential number one pick prior to his D-1 season, then he got mono. He had two consecutive years of scoring 96 points in Juniors.

Prior to this season, Couts had been scoring at ~2C rates at ES with shitty linemates and horrible deployment. He also went large stretches (20+ games) of last season, and the season prior where he was scoring close to a point per game. I'm not saying you did question his ability to produce, but I do question anyone's hockey opinion that thought Couts was nothing more than a 3C, at any point in his career.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Couts was pegged as a potential number one pick prior to his D-1 season, then he got mono. He had two consecutive years of scoring 96 points in Juniors.

Prior to this season, Couts had been scoring at ~2C rates at ES with ****ty linemates and horrible deployment. He also went large stretches (20+ games) of last season, and the season prior where he was scoring close to a point per game. I'm not saying you did question his ability to produce, but I do question anyone's hockey opinion that thought Couts was nothing more than a 3C, at any point in his career.

Couts didn't get the chance to play an offensive role until Hakstol became HC. Before then he was scoring at a 3C rate and a lot of people questioned his offensive skill set. But he was always a top defender.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It would be better if there was a string you could pull and the doll says **** off.
Like that gif folks put up sometimes

In Hak's case it would be like that Fischer Price toy with all the farm animals ....you pull the string and Hak says...the cow goes moo....or Amac the ass ...your shift to protect the lead....

Last edited:

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Holy flaming balls, what is that and what do I have to do to get it in my collection?

EDIT: It would cost me $45 for the item and almost as much to ship it here. I'm more than willing to go balls to the wall for a joke, but I think I'll wait and see where I land next before I buy it. Don't kid yourself though, I WILL have one of those.
hang it in your toilet then everytime you go it will give you great joy lol

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Patrick has been beat physically more than positionally, he just doesn't have good upper body strength right now and it shows in tight quarters.
I’ll grant you that Patrick has been in the right area defensively most of the time, which is a good sign. But his body & stick positioning have been poor in addition to being outmuscled. Couturier’s body & stick positioning were impeccable from day one.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
I’ll grant you that Patrick has been in the right area defensively most of the time, which is a good sign. But his body & stick positioning have been poor in addition to being outmuscled. Couturier’s body & stick positioning were impeccable from day one.
Couturier was regularly outmuscled in his first season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad