Fire Hakstol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I would spend the remaining years I have on Earth using it to make a claymation special 30 minutes long, if I only knew how. My mind is literally racing with possibilities, though.

I'm picturing a Captain Dave-Wes Anderson co-directed claymation short film. Could call it Isle of Man Dogs.

Or maybe you'll go with a more Aardman Studios aesthetic, like Wallace and Gromit......or wait-wait.....Chicken Run!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Couturier was regularly outmuscled in his first season too.
He was always in such good position with his stick & body, & so good with his stick, that I’m not sure it got to the point of being outmuscled very often. He was able to shut down Malkin who is very big & strong without getting outmuscled.

Reactions: kudymen

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
He was always in such good position with his stick & body, & so good with his stick, that I’m not sure it got to the point of being outmuscled very often. He was able to shut down Malkin who is very big & strong without getting outmuscled.
He shut down Malkin? Take a look again at Malkin's numbers in that series and what Malkin has done since and compare that to Couturier lol.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He shut down Malkin? Take a look again at Malkin's numbers in that series and what Malkin has done since and compare that to Couturier lol.

8 points, 4 of which were scored on the powerplay, in a series where the Penguins scored 30 goals. I'd say that's pretty close to shutting down, when you take it in the context of one of the best players in the world vs a rookie center.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
8 points, 4 of which were scored on the powerplay, in a series where the Penguins scored 30 goals. I'd say that's pretty close to shutting down, when you take it in the context of one of the best players in the world vs a rookie center.
In the 2012 Playoff series the Pens scored 26 goals. Malkin had 8 points in 6 games. Couturier had 4.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Couts was only on the ice for 1 goal Malkin scored.There was a reason why Malkin got pissed and pushed Couts after the whistle.
As I remember it, Couturier played on the PK in that series and Malkin scored against him on the PK but, of course, that doesn't count for +/-. The point is, I definitely remember Malkin getting more than 1 point against him.

Or did you mean only at even strength?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
As I remember it, Couturier played on the PK in that series and Malkin scored against him on the PK but, of course, that doesn't count for +/-. The point is, I definitely remember Malkin getting more than 1 point against him.

Or did you mean only at even strength?
Honestly, I remember it from a Bill Meltzer comment at HB. So I need to look into it more. I will do it later and get back to you. I have training now.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Added the Flyers score in the 8 4 game accidentally. Still, only 8 points, four at 5v5, for a player of Malkins stature in a series that is that high scoring, is a joke.
Then I guess Briere, Voracek, Jagr, Schenn, Hartnell, Simmonds ,Read, and Couturier are a joke as well since he had more points than all of them except Briere who was tied with him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Then I guess Briere, Voracek, Jagr, Schenn, Hartnell, Simmonds ,Read, and Couturier are a joke as well since he had more points than all of them except Briere who was tied with him.

None of those players are on Malkins level. Malkin is regarded as the best player in the world when he is 'on'. Even when he's not, he's top 5 at worst.

I'll try this again, nice and slow.

For a player of Malkins stature and ability, to only score 4 even strength points in a series that was that high scoring, is not good.

For a rookie centerman to limit someone of his ilk to so little production at even strength, is very good.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Ah, a Couturier hater.

Well, Couturier was +3. Malkin -1. They were matched up head to head at ES. You do the math. Or, blame Couturier for Malkin’s PP points.
First I was a Provorov hater, now I'm a Couturier hater LOL. You guys are funny. Just because I'm objective and don't grossly overrate the players on my team like some mindless fanboy doesn't mean I'm a hater.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
None of those players are on Malkins level. Malkin is regarded as the best player in the world when he is 'on'. Even when he's not, he's top 5 at worst.

I'll try this again, nice and slow.

For a player of Malkins stature and ability, to only score 4 even strength points in a series that was that high scoring, is not good.

For a rookie centerman to limit someone of his ilk to so little production at even strength, is very good.
He had more points than half the Flyers team. Your fanboyism is only matched by your hypocrisy.

Malkin sucked because he's light years better than the Flyers I compared him to LOL. Got it.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Couturier went head-to-head w/ Malkin for 56 minutes 5v5 in the playoffs. He got caved in possession wise, but had 1 GF and 1 GA during that time (3 GF and 1 GA including all ES but those might have been empty netters).

5 GA in 16 minutes with Malkin on the ice and shorthanded.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Couturier went head-to-head w/ Malkin for 56 minutes 5v5 in the playoffs. He got caved in possession wise, but had 1 GF and 1 GA during that time.

5 GA in 16 minutes with Malkin on the ice and shorthanded.
5 goals in 16 minutes proves Couturier shut him down? LMFAO

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He had more points than half the Flyers team. Your fanboyism is only matched by your hypocrisy.

Malkin sucked because he's light years better than the Flyers I compared him to LOL. Got it.

Conversely, Malkin is light years better than all of the Flyers players, but could only manage to score at the same rate as Danny Briere. Couturier also ended the series as a positive, and Malkin ended in a negarive, while Couturier was on the ice for like 70% of their even strength time.

Willfully ignoring facts doesn't make them any less true. Keep on keepin'on, though.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The facts are Malkin wasn't shut down. At all. Keep on keepin on with fanboyism and hypocrisy.
Malkin was the league MVP that year. A 50 goal, 109 point scorer. He could only muster 1 ES goal in 6 games against Couturier; ended up -1 to Couturier’s +3; and the Flyers won the series.
But you want to say Couturier didn’t shut him down because Malkin scored some points when Couturier was on the ice a man down against a PP that included Crosby, Malkin, & Letang.
I think everyone knows we’re talking about when they were matched up head to head in even circumstances.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Pretty sure all his ES points came when Couturier was off the ice, too.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Are we actually debating whether or not Couturier was fantastic in the assignment? It was Couturier's signature moment prior to this season.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Ok bro. Good luck in training. See you later.

So here it is:

Game 1 - 0P
Game 2 - 2A (first assist Flyers on ice - 27,28,5,44; second assist 27,28,5,44) (Couts scored when Malkin was on the ice)
Game 3 - 2A (first assist Flyers on ice - 48,68,6,25; second assist (PP) 14,24,6,13)
Game 4 - 2G, 1A (first goal Flyers on ice - 10,48,24, 68, 25; (PP) assist Flyers on ice 14, 27, 47, 5, 8; second goal Flyers - 10,48,17,13,25) BTW the flyers had 10:05 of PK time this game -- lost 10 -3.
Game 5 - 0P
Game 6 - 1G ((PP( Goal - 14, 24, 5, 6)

Season ES pt/60 - 3.6
Playoff ES pt/60 - 2.51

Season TOI -pt/60 - 4.15
Playoff TOI - pt/60 - 3.6

Couts was on the ice for 1 ES secondary assist against, and 2 powerplay points against. Considering that Malkin came into the playoffs scoring more ES points and 2nd most PP points than anyone else.

So definitively, yes Couts shut down the Hart and Art Ross trophy winner as a 19 year old in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad