Player Discussion Fire Dustin Schwartz

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Two games ago during OTOL, Rob Brown told a caller who suggested DS should be fired, that there is a reason he has survived as many personnel changes over the last decade; and that Carter Hart trains with him in the off-season. f***, I don't like Rob Brown.
What is that reason, That the guys he works with have been so successful??? That is really the only acceptable reason and it would seem that it would take a magician to make that case.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Two games ago during OTOL, Rob Brown told a caller who suggested DS should be fired, that there is a reason he has survived as many personnel changes over the last decade; and that Carter Hart trains with him in the off-season. f***, I don't like Rob Brown.
Yeah the reason is nepotism, someone way up in the clouds has his back. Carter Hart has been shit most years himself, so that's not exactly any kind of endorsement.

This guy has a longer rope than Lowe did.

I'm pretty done. He's had like 10 Goaltenders all get worse year over year with him unless they got their own coach and ignored him.
Yeah his rope is so long his feet still touch the ground.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
They are slurping up Schwartz turds on 1440 right now. “WHO HAS LEFT AND GOT BETTER? WHO??” “GRANT FUHR SAYS ITS NOT SCHWARTZ FAULT AND HES A HHOFER”
My goodness lowetide. Yes the players suck right now but the goaltenders always have

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He never actually worked with Schwartz
In addition to that Talbot had the best year of his career here and had very positive words for Schwartz.

I am not defending Schartz at all...domt really care one way or the other if he is here or not but is it possible that the goalies here over the past 5 years or so just havent been that good?

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
In addition to that Talbot had the best year of his career here and had very positive words for Schwartz.

I am not defending Schartz at all...domt really care one way or the other if he is here or not but is it possible that the goalies here over the past 5 years or so just havent been that good?
I mean...i guess? But they've ALL developed the EXACT same problems

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
With Campbell getting punted here is Dustin Schwartz's secret basement room.

counting-down.gif

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
What about Talbot?
Same thing? Talbot started out well then he got scored on early almost every game and developed a weak glove hand. Koskinen was the EXACT same. Started out well then started getting scored on early almost every game and developed the frying pan glove.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Same thing? Talbot started out well then he got scored on early almost every game and developed a weak glove hand. Koskinen was the EXACT same. Started out well then started getting scored on early almost every game and developed the frying pan glove.
Talbot had the best season in his career here though.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Talbot had the best season in his career here though.
His second year yes, and then he started regressing the year after and surprise surprise he's been good ever since he left. If he keeps playing the way he's been playing this year for the Kings it'll be a career year for him. The year AFTER he had a career year he started letting in the first shot of the game constantly and his glove hand became atrocious. Then the year after that it was even worse and he got traded. It's baffling to me that some of you can't see that happening to every goalie that comes here since Schwartz was hired. There is NO WAY that we've signed this many goalies that ALL have the EXACT same issues in net or start to develop the exact same issues.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
His second year yes, and then he started regressing the year after and surprise surprise he's been good ever since he left. If he keeps playing the way he's been playing this year for the Kings it'll be a career year for him. The year AFTER he had a career year he started letting in the first shot of the game constantly and his glove hand became atrocious. Then the year after that it was even worse and he got traded. It's baffling to me that some of you can't see that happening to every goalie that comes here since Schwartz was hired. There is NO WAY that we've signed this many goalies that ALL have the EXACT same issues in net or start to develop the exact same issues.
How is it that he can have a career year under the tutalige of a goalie wrecker?
That career year happened on a bad team as well so it wasnt going to be sustainable.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
What about Talbot?

Talbots numbers were impeccable before he arrived in Edmonton. He had two good years and in the second he needed to call his old goalie coach in New York to get back on track.

His play deteriorated from there until he recovered a year after he was traded away from Edmonton/Schwartz.

Reactions: iCanada

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Talbots numbers were impeccable before he arrived in Edmonton. He had two good years and in the second he needed to call his old goalie coach in New York to get back on track.

His play deteriorated from there until he recovered a year after he was traded away from Edmonton/Schwartz.
You have to look at games played. One of the major reasons that its hard to be a starter is because its hard to maintain a high level and play the majority of the games. Much easier to do that when you play 30 - 35 games as opposed to 50+ games,
So the seasons that Talbot played more than 50 games matter a lot more than the seasons were he played under 40 games.
You also have to take into consideration tha quality of the team.
During Talbots time in Edmonton the team wasnt very good.

So in 2015/16 and 2016/17 Talbot played over 50 and 70 games respectively and still maintained a sv% over 9.15.
Those are excellent seasons...especially the 2016/17 season.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Shove this to all those media morons like Joaquin Gage who thinks Schwartz shouldn't be at fault
Add Lowetide, Rob Brown, Grant Fuhr and I’m sure there are many others that were requesting evidence because their brains don’t work too good sometimes

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Add Lowetide, Rob Brown, Grant Fuhr and I’m sure there are many others that were requesting evidence because their brains don’t work too good sometimes
Someone quote tweeted my thread to Lowetide so maybe one of them runs with it.

I can see their argument that it isn't all his fault considering how terrible the transition defense has been this year, but at the same time these people are willing to fire head coaches that don't get results, why would a position coach with 9 years of tenure and minimal success be exempt. No head coach would get that kind of rope without many cups.

Reactions: ZJuice

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
They are writing up the contract now. Starting in net for your Edmonton Oilers Dustin Schwartz......

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
He never actually worked with Schwartz

yeah, I think Dubnyk rebounding quickly the next year after leaving is what ultimately led to Chabot getting fired and replaced by Schwartz. Chabot went on to Minnesota and has had a pretty decent run of goalies there.

Another unfortunate casualty of the Eakins debacle possibly.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad