GDT: Finland - Czech Republic

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Yep... with the way SVK-DEN is going, Czechia has little to gain by winning this one in regulation. Anything else gives them Germany. For Finland, anything but OT would mean a somewhat favorable matchup (GER or SVK). And... a FIN regulation win would somewhat put Sweden in a spot.

If it's somehow a tie game at the final moments, one of the teams should just put one in their own net.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This game will be so annoying to watch since need to be scared about it going to OT and hoping one of these teams want to win.. Finland win is so much more likely now

Swedes got to pray for OT or Czech win lol

Reactions: Mestaruus

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
For both the best option would be avoiding Czech win on regulation. The Finland's odds are plummeting because its clear that Czech won't want to win or they'll face Canada. Finland's win will mean both get favorable quarter final opponents.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
For both the best option would be avoiding Czech win on regulation. The Finland's odds are plummeting because its clear that Czech won't want to win or they'll face Canada. Finland's win will mean both get favorable quarter final opponents.
Czech odds are 5.4 on one site lmfao

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
This game will be so annoying to watch since need to be scared about it going to OT and hoping one of these teams want to win.. Finland win is so much more likely now
Yeah, the best case scenario would probably be CZE just letting FIN run up the score. If it's a close game in the waning minutes, the Czechs could still try and take it to OT, as that would suit them also.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yeah, the best case scenario would probably be CZE just letting FIN run up the score. If it's a close game in the waning minutes, the Czechs could still try and take it to OT, as that would suit them also.
So please have a 3-4 goal lead just in case..

It's also possible if the game is tied at the final minute, Finland will score an own goal.
I doubt our team would do it, but maybe not defend as well as they could

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
For both the best option would be avoiding Czech win on regulation.
Rather, the game ending in a Czech loss in regulation. "Avoiding a Czech win in regulation" also covers the game going to OT, which is not good news for Finland.

Reactions: FinPanda

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
It's also possible if the game is tied at the final minute, Finland will score an own goal.
The problem is that Czechia could "answer" by tying it up, as OT regardless of result would also give them the 3rd seed.

It would be absurd, but you can do it smartly by taking Ohtamaa out and ''accidentally'' lose the puck for the Czechs
Umm. For Czechs, a regulation win is the worst case scenario. OTW/OTL gives them the 3rd seed also. So they'd have no incentive to score in that case - even if Finland pulled an empty net and placed all six skaters behind the crease line.

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
So if Finland can get an early 2-0 lead, I think both teams would be happy with it

If the game is tied with 2 mins to go, I could see us pulling a goalie to try to win hahahah

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
The problem is that Czechia could "answer" by tying it up, as OT regardless of result would also give them the 3rd seed.

Umm. For Czechs, a regulation win is the worst case scenario. OTW/OTL gives them the 3rd seed also. So they'd have no incentive to score in that case - even if Finland pulled an empty net and placed all six skaters behind the crease line.
Well I don't think it will come down to that, but you could do it when there is like 3 seconds left.

Both teams will be happy by Finland winning on regulation.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
If the game is tied with 2 mins ago, I could see us pulling a goalie to try to win hahahah
Then "accidentally" slipping up with less than 30 secs to go and letting it slide into our own net. And have Björninen eat the puck in the final faceoff so that the Czechs get no time to "answer".

Also, imagine seeing the Finnish skaters trying to protect Czechia's net!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd say it's langhmamer time!

Jiricek on first pair

Rest Pasta, Krejci and Cervenka

Kampf and Vrana on first line

Spacek with 20 minutes

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
For Czechs the best option is to lose by comfortable numbers. Taking the game to the overtime wouldn't win them anything because they'd face Germany nevertheless. Also its way harder to force a tie than to lose by a clear margin.

I've understood Canada's game today is meaningless as they can't finish second and have won Slovakia so they can't finish fourth.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
For Czechs the best option is to lose by comfortable numbers. Taking the game to the overtime wouldn't win them anything because they'd face Germany nevertheless. Also its way harder to force a tie than to lose by a clear margin.

I've understood Canada's game today is meaningless as they can't finish second and have won Slovakia so they can't finish fourth.
No, Canada needs at least overtime. France beat Canada.. Canada beat Slovakia.. Slovakia beat France. It would go to goal difference. So I guess there is a way Canada is 4th.

Idk the goal difference but there is a way.

E: The tie would be between Slovakia, Canada and Denmark.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I've understood Canada's game today is meaningless as they can't finish second and are have won Slovakia so they can't finish fourth.
That pool is essentially done and sorted... our matchup has all the implications now... (barring a Dane 6 goal outburt).

Swiss
Germany
Canada
SLovakia (whoohoo!!!!)

A Finn regulation win would feed Sweden to Canada.. just saying!

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
No chance Finland wants to lose in front of home crowd. If chez wouldnt even try, this'd be a good change to bet over4 or over5 for finland.. or results bet rake. But probably theyr going to play well and its just normal game

Last edited:
Reactions: Mestaruus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad