Prospect Info: Filip Chytil (Pick #21 2017)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When does the Czech Extraliga season start? Just curious.
Our prospect Dominic Lakatos and his team has already played 11 games. The European leagues and KHL always start well before the NHL. I think some KHL teams have already played 15 or 16 games.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Not worth playing Chytil under AV.. Kid doesnt get a chance. That line hes on literally cannot get any offense going its frustrating to watch. They should switch Nash and Miller.. Get something like Miller-Chytil-Zucc going. Nash can be a black hole offensively
I saw Nash make 2 passes last night. It was like seeing a unicorn at this point. AV didnt play that line more than 90 seconds in first 10 minutes... Probably less. I think we should swap JT for Nash as you said if we want to see the kid actually play. Otherwise play him on the pk and 4th line for a few games.

Hey wait did you steal my black hole line? Thats okay. I stole it from Danny Ainge

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
There is more to prospect development and whatnot than just playing in games.

Rangers might want him up for a lot of off-ice stuff that we aren't privy to.

:dunno:

Reactions: romba

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I am okay with that, but he has to be sent back in December, otherwise it counts as a season towards UFA status. That would just be bad asset management

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

It's a 9 game span, so I'm not that worried about it in the long run. I just don't think, even with getting him in on practices, they're doing him any favors.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

He's 18...he needs to be on the ice playing ,developing, and getting experience. That is the most important thing at his age to get better. Him "being around the team" and zip-lining in Lake Placid is not going to improve his ice on play.

If AV doesn't want to play him that's fine, but send him back already to his Czech team so he can start playing again. He can take back everything he has learned in the last 6 weeks and continue to improve.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't think Groton would let that happen, he knows the importance of guys on elc's that can contribute. Considering he's being scratched I can see Chytil returned as soon as Fast is ready to go back in.
Yep

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
100% agreed that he should go back this season, but I'd still like to give him a bit more of a chance before making that move. Give him some time on the 2nd powerplay unit (which has been awful compared to the first) and another game or two. I wouldn't rule out a move to the AHL either, but regardless, I agree with RB's point about training hard and winning a job in September.

Reactions: Nickmo82

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Send the young man back to the Czech Republic. He can develop there. See him in Buffalo. Have a good year. The Rangers will send Drury, Bobrov and Graves to see him in the Czech Republic. Ortmeyer too. Train hard in the summer. Come back strong and win a job next September.
Seems like a foregone conclusion now that they added Cracknell. I guess the only question now is whether they let him get nine games in. If they're going to play him like five minutes, might as well just go ahead and send him home now.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
100% agreed that he should go back this season, but I'd still like to give him a bit more of a chance before making that move. Give him some time on the 2nd powerplay unit (which has been awful compared to the first) and another game or two. I wouldn't rule out a move to the AHL either, but regardless, I agree with RB's point about training hard and winning a job in September.

I'd also like to see him given a little more time including on the PP but I do think he should be sent back this season. I want him to go back with confidence so if he could even pick up one point on the PP it could be huge for him.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd also like to see him given a little more time including on the PP but I do think he should be sent back this season. I want him to go back with confidence so if he could even pick up one point on the PP it could be huge for him.
That's exactly my reasoning too, Nicky. Let the kid get soft minutes and try to finesse a point or two out of it, and then send him back to the Czech Republic where he'll get top-line minutes

Reactions: NickyFotiu

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Sorry, but North Bay is the last place I want Chytil. Extraliga or AHL for him. Come back with Thilander updates though please :nod:

Very much this, North Bay is a train wreck team... Only reason Thilander didn't go in the mid rounds like he should is because of that awful team, keep Chytil away from there :P

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Imo going back to the Czech and playing big minutes is best for him at this point. I think a lot of people are dying for a shiny new toy but that's probably not gona happen this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad