Prospect Info: Filip Chytil (Pick #21 2017)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The Rangers would be ecstatic if that were to happen.

Personally, I'll be very happy if I see 15 goals and 40 points.
Yep. At this point, something between 0.5 and 0.6 PPG is what I would ideally like to see from Chytil.

40 points in 74 games (since he can't play full 76 game season) would put him at 0.54 PPG which is perfectly fine.

I think the AHL is a fine place for him to develop. He'll mostly be playing against grown men, he'll be adjusting to North American culture, and he'll be adjusting to the rink size.

As long as he plays fine in the A, it's the best place for him.

Reactions: Edge

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yep. At this point, something between 0.5 and 0.6 PPG is what I would ideally like to see from Chytil.

40 points in 74 games (since he can't play full 76 game season) would put him at 0.54 PPG which is perfectly fine.

I think the AHL is a fine place for him to develop. He'll mostly be playing against grown men, he'll be adjusting to North American culture, and he'll be adjusting to the rink size.

As long as he plays fine in the A, it's the best place for him.

If he can handle the AHL, I'd love for him to stay there. Not only for all the reasons you mentioned, but also because he'll be in the organization and surrounded by our people.

That's potentially a significant benefit for him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
40 points for a guy like Chytil is a very good season.

In the AHL?

I'll be interested to see how he's sitting 10-20 games in. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does better than 40 point pace but a big part can also be how the rest of the team plays around him

edit: like Edge said, I think confidence could be a huge factor in his development. If he plays confident and ready to use his skills he could really break out in a way that surprises a lot of us. If his confidence bounces up and down his season will have ups and down (which is fine and normal) but it's all part of the learning process

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Pts for Chytil will depend so much on environment and usage. But I think that a lot of his pts will have to come on the PP if he is to score up towards 60+ pts. Could be different if he played with a great winger or two, but pts 5 on 5 are going to be a little harder to come by. That is my best guess anyway lol, after seing only one game... ;)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
In the AHL?

I'll be interested to see how he's sitting 10-20 games in. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does better than 40 point pace but a big part can also be how the rest of the team plays around him

edit: like Edge said, I think confidence could be a huge factor in his development. If he plays confident and ready to use his skills he could really break out in a way that surprises a lot of us. If his confidence bounces up and down his season will have ups and down (which is fine and normal) but it's all part of the learning process

I think for someone who is barely even 18, 40 would be solid by today's standards. I mean you're leading scorer for the whole league last year posted 83; the two years before that it was 80. A lot of high scoring vets are in the 60s these days.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Anisimov went 16-27-43 in 74 as a 19 year old. If Chytil can do that at a young 18 I'd be happy enough.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In the AHL?

Yeah in AHL this season considering his age.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
His contract burns through a year after 9 games in the AHL too, right? Considering how everything in Ranger-land is a garbage fire at the mo, will that affect the team's decision making with him? Clearly, we are years away from competing... so would it not be best to send him to a league that doesn't count against his contract?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
It can Slide. The 10 games have to be NHL games.

Capture.PNG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad