Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
He is functionaly broken that he cannot even skate. I hope he can live a normal life.

Its a miricle that Zucc even still plays hockey. He got dinged in the head so hard he could not even speak human language
An old friend of mine fell off a quad and got some kind of amnesia from the blow to his head. He was riding around way too fast without a helmet (despite being warned on both counts). I drove him to the hospital, and his behavior was f***ing terrifying. He kept asking the same questions over and over again every 10 seconds. There's so much we don't know about how the brain processes and heals from trauma. I just hope the team takes all precautions necessary to make sure Fil can begin to heal. I'm not friends with the guy any longer. I moved away, and he went down the alt-right rabbit hole and became an alcoholic wife-beater. But I can't help but wonder if that blow to head had anything to do with it.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
An old friend of mine fell off a quad and got some kind of amnesia from the blow to his head. He was riding around way too fast without a helmet (despite being warned on both counts). I drove him to the hospital, and his behavior was f***ing terrifying. He kept asking the same questions over and over again every 10 seconds. There's so much we don't know about how the brain processes and heals from trauma. I just hope the team takes all precautions necessary to make sure Fil can begin to heal. I'm not friends with the guy any longer. I moved away, and he went down the alt-right rabbit hole and became an alcoholic wife-beater. But I can't help but wonder if that blow to head had anything to do with it.
My uncles friends daughter has been a vegetable ever since she was like 18 in a drunken quad accident

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
Interesting observation from the locker room: Filip Chytil has a new locker with all of his practice gear hanging it in. Haven't seen his stuff in a while, so could be a sign that he's in town and doing some on-ice work.

There's no way... right? Gotta think they're bringing him along just so he can experience the run maybe?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
No idea what to make of this. Seems like he may be healthy enough to skate and mess around on the ice which is great news in its own right. They did rule him out for the season but that being said things do change. What happens if he hasn't had symptoms in months and there's been no issues? Is it still rushing him at that point to try and have him play? Not to mention the playoffs can be even more taxing physically and possibly dangerous so who knows if that's even the best scenario for him personally to jump back into. I'm just happy he gets to be around the team and is doing well enough to do so.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Did we even dip into his cap space?
According to CapFriendly we're at $140k cap space. Wennberg + Roslovic were 4.25m. Fil was 4.4m. So we used up almost every dollar of it.

edit: forgot Wennberg and Roslovic had retention so actually I don't know

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
No idea what to make of this. Seems like he may be healthy enough to skate and mess around on the ice which is great news in its own right. They did rule him out for the season but that being said things do change. What happens if he hasn't had symptoms in months and there's been no issues? Is it still rushing him at that point to try and have him play? Not to mention the playoffs can be even more taxing physically and possibly dangerous so who knows if that's even the best scenario for him personally to jump back into. I'm just happy he gets to be around the team and is doing well enough to do so.
They can say they meant the regular season lol

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
I just see this as Fil potentially being back around the boys. We saw Wheeler in the locker room after the game the other day in a boot. It sucks being away from the team. I'd be utterly shocked if there's even a 5% chance Fil plays in the post season.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Great that hes with the team again, regardless.

But how epic would it be if Drury pulls a Vegas and Fil is sending heaters on net Game 1

Panarin Trocheck Laf
Chytil/Wennberg Kakko
Kreider Mika Roslovic
Cuylle Goodrow Vesey

Reactions: Kords and mas0764

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The last thing Chytil needs is to come back in the playoffs where the physicality is ramped up. He couldn't even make it through a no contact practice a few months ago.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad