Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Chatting with each other enjoying their lattes, thinking of the right questions to ask later that will fit their latest pre-written articles

Nowadays it's more about the personal brand than the outlet they write for. They hobnob and put out similar product. Compared to back in the day, Dellapina of the Daily News would never mingle with Brooks. Circulation numbers and newsstand sales and newspaper pride were at stake.

Reactions: romba

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
True, but it was Chytil's first on-ice team practice after going home to rehab and rest a few months
The only people who really know what happened is Jake the Snake Leschyshyn. Not even Chytil because he probably blacked out. Sorry. Harsh. Yeah.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
True, but it was Chytil's first on-ice team practice after going home to rehab and rest a few months
and he'd been out there for a while. It's not that crazy that the group wasn't paying attention to every second of the optional skate that only involved 3 guys.
Between chasing down players/coaches for quotes before that nights game, chasing down front office staff, and just not paying attention to the specific play that caused the accident (and they literally could have been looking down at their pad/laptop making a note about how good he was looking on the ice) it's really not outside the realms of normal that they'd miss it, and look up to see him down on the ice.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
and he'd been out there for a while. It's not that crazy that the group wasn't paying attention to every second of the optional skate that only involved 3 guys.
Between chasing down players/coaches for quotes before that nights game, chasing down front office staff, and just not paying attention to the specific play that caused the accident (and they literally could have been looking down at their pad/laptop making a note about how good he was looking on the ice) it's really not outside the realms of normal that they'd miss it, and look up to see him down on the ice.

Vince burner account revealed. Purportedly residing in "Melbourne."

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: romba and mike14

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
It’s obvious, “nothing” specifically happened.

He has post-concussion syndrome and his symptoms came back when exerting himself out on the ice.

His career is over, feel very bad for him
He is functionaly broken that he cannot even skate. I hope he can live a normal life.

Its a miricle that Zucc even still plays hockey. He got dinged in the head so hard he could not even speak human language

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
If you wanna bash Igor, fine. Panarin, kinda lame but it’s a free country man. Laf’s nothing more than a tap in merchant? Fine, say what you will. But it will be a cold dark day on Hoth when I sit here and allow you all to besmirch Jar Jar Binks’s good name. For shame you uncouth degenerates… he was an exiled prince for Christ sakes!! For shame in deed…

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Didn't Sauer have the same issue, a setback before he had to retire? I see a lot of similarities between Sauer and Chytil

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I think Sauer was done after the Phaneuf hit, unless I remember wrong. He didn't play another game after that hit.

Reactions: majordomo

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
If you wanna bash Igor, fine. Panarin, kinda lame but it’s a free country man. Laf’s nothing more than a tap in merchant? Fine, say what you will. But it will be a cold dark day on Hoth when I sit here and allow you all to besmirch Jar Jar Binks’s good name. For shame you uncouth degenerates… he was an exiled prince for Christ sakes!! For shame in deed…
I laughed.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think Sauer was done after the Phaneuf hit, unless I remember wrong. He didn't play another game after that hit.
Yes i believe so. Still remember it, helmet popping off and all.

edit - Found a video, wow what a piece of shit that announcer is. You could tell he was injured and he was so excited about the hit. "Sauer is going to be rather sour about that hit" What a tool.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Yes i believe so. Still remember it, helmet popping off and all.

edit - Found a video, wow what a piece of shit that announcer is. You could tell he was injured and he was so excited about the hit. "Sauer is going to be rather sour about that hit" What a tool.

Pretty tasteless call.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
There is no such things as being cursed.

There is no such thing as being jinxed.

Superstion is the home of those who can't deal with reality.
That's what the bundies said and they all turned into monkeys 🐒 lol
Anyway, there is such a thing if you research about it.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Didn't Sauer have the same issue, a setback before he had to retire? I see a lot of similarities between Sauer and Chytil

That's why concussions are so scary. We still don't know enough about the human brain and how it heals. Guys like Sauer and Savard are never quite the same again. Guys like Crosby and Zucc find their way back and then play for MANY years with seemingly no issues (and particularly with Crosby, I remember thinking his career would be cut drastically short for over a year when he had his concussion issues). For a while we thought Marc Staal was done after his brother knocked him silly. There's no point in speculating because there are case studies for just about every potential outcome. All they can do is be overly cautious (which they seem to be doing) and hope for the best for Chytil--on or off the ice.

Reactions: Longterm and tlk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad