Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
if by some miracle Chytil is actually able to play in the POs (basically not possible imo), i'm putting him literally anywhere and punting Roslovic into the sun. dude sucks so bad.

Reactions: mas0764

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I am so happy to see chytil back and looking healthy, BUT i have mixed feelings about him playing.

if he does play does he just slot in the blackhole on the rw with 20 and 93?

Reactions: bhamill

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
My inclination would be to put Chytil with Kakko. Getting that third line to actually score a bit would be huge.

But then again the first line is crap also. If Chytil could get the first line going, even better. But I’m not sure he can or anyone can. That’s a Mika/Chris problem.

I lean this way:

Kreider Mika Vesey
Panarin Trocheck Lafreniere
Cuylle Chytil Kakko
Goodrow Wennburg Roslovic Rempe

Lindgren Fox
Miller Schneider
Jones Trouba

Sorry Gus, Jones has to play

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
My inclination would be to put Chytil with Kakko. Getting that third line to actually score a bit would be huge.

But then again the first line is crap also. If Chytil could get the first line going, even better. But I’m not sure he can or anyone can. That’s a Mika/Chris problem.

I lean this way:

Kreider Mika Vesey
Panarin Trocheck Lafreniere
Cuylle Chytil Kakko
Goodrow Wennburg Roslovic Rempe

Lindgren Fox
Miller Schneider
Jones Trouba

They have the center depth to play Chytil at wing in the top 6, where he can theoretically avoid the middle of the ice and control the puck on zone entries for the wonder twins. He's had good chemistry with Kreider before.

Love Vince saying not to expect him in the final 2 games. Thanks for that ground breaking scoop, they obviously dont have the cap space to activate him. Not like we discussed it for months leading up to the trade deadline lol

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm very happy that his health has improved.

I'm no doctor and have no medical expertise. I hope that there is some way, however imperfect, to gauge re-injury risks. Because what they say is every additional concussion can do more damage, and that it isn't always immediately obvious.

Reactions: ecemleafs

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
replacing that shit for brains Roslovic with Chytil would be an other-worldly upgrade. we would have two lines at least!
I’d rather move wennberg to the first, chytil to 3c, and roslovic to the third.
Get 3 insanely strong lines.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm very happy that his health has improved.

I'm no doctor and have no medical expertise. I hope that there is some way, however imperfect, to gauge re-injury risks. Because what they say is every additional concussion can do more damage, and that it isn't always immediately obvious.

Brains are unpredictable. Someone can suffer a dozen concussions and end up being fine as they get older. Sometimes it just takes one to really knock someone out of whack for good. What I don't like is the way he suffered the last one. No one really saw what happened but if it was a 1 v 1 drill and he tripped over a stick, that isn't really confidence inspiring. What that tells me is that his brain as at the point where even minor impact will cause it to be like "yeah, we're not doing this again."

At the end of the day, he is going to make the call. If he's been medically cleared, then there isn't much else standing in his way other than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad