Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Well if he fell down on his own for no reason we wouldn’t know the cause, buddy.

Additionally, buddy, we don’t know if it was a minor fall because nobody saw what happened. For all we know he hit his head hard on the ice. Or maybe he didn’t. Nobody has said.
We know what happened. Bonino put a banana peel on the ice.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Well if he fell down on his own for no reason we wouldn’t know the cause, buddy.

Additionally, buddy, we don’t know if it was a minor fall because nobody saw what happened. For all we know he hit his head hard on the ice. Or maybe he didn’t. Nobody has said.
buddy buddy buddy buddy

It was a minimal contact drill and he stepped on a stick - how hard could the fall be? Who said anything about falling down on his own? Of course that would be scary.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
So for those keeping score off the top of my head

Blackburn career ending injury
cherepanov dies tragically
Sauer career ending injury
Kloucek ending injury
Now Chytil hell of a player bright bright future a rare gem we found

I’m surprised Lundqvist and Kreider made it thru their issues

And then of course there are just the usual busts

Don’t tell me we aren’t cursed.

We aren't cursed.

I loved Kloucek at the beginning.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
No one wants to go down the “this wouldn’t have happened if he wasn’t practicing being a grinder” route huh?

Disappointed in you guys

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So for those keeping score off the top of my head

Blackburn career ending injury
cherepanov dies tragically
Sauer career ending injury
Kloucek ending injury
Now Chytil hell of a player bright bright future a rare gem we found

I’m surprised Lundqvist and Kreider made it thru their issues

And then of course there are just the usual busts

Don’t tell me we aren’t cursed.

Ah, to be young.

You're forgetting Stefan Cherneski who had his career ended after his knee was blown out. Thank John Muckler for his unfortunate issues. 😕

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Not really. I would love to have more 2nd and 3rd round picks. Rangers have plenty of guys in the pipeline who weren't 1st rounders who could make an impact in future years. Cuylle has already shown he belongs plus Edstrom, Berard, Garand, Sykora, BMB, can be important players down the road.
Gabe was picked in the 20s…

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
There is no possible way it’s more worrying that symptoms were caused by a known event than by an unknown cause.
You can spin it in either direction because we don't know much. The argument that this being another concussion can be more worrying than a player trying to return too soon and not being fully over his last concussion. Getting a 5th or whatever concussion can be more concernin regarding of knowing what happened to occur it. But again. We don't know.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

We need top-secret government clearance to find out.

Reactions: SA16

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
IMG_1359.jpeg

This shit ruined my day. Poor guy. Michael Sauer all over again.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

JohnBlutarski

Apr 25, 2023
This poor guy...
Not looking forward to the articles 'Filip Chytil homeless, robs liquor store in czech republic' in 10 years.
Im not joking for all you sensitive Cindys out there. CTE is a horrible horrible disease and these guys never end up okay.
Apparently he fell and was down on the ice for several minutes and had to basically be carried off and it is related to the previous concussion.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Important to consider his contract. He is "fortunate" that this happened after he signed a deal that can provide for him long-term. Much harder to step away if he was still on ELC or short bridge deal.
I'm glad he got his contract, even if it ends up hurting the Rangers. He deserved it.

Reactions: Lua and Ruggs225

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I hate to say this, but I would not be shocked if he does not come back at all. He had a setback, is not promising at all. If a little fall can do that, imagine a full hockey check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad