OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I only like peanut butter on salty stuff. Not a peanut butter dessert fan. Don't hate it, but I don't really care for it either.

Also, whatever brand of peanut butter cup makes the mini ones that comes in the little metallic wrappers; those are way better than Reese's. Reese's are like someone blended peanut butter and chalk dust.
Gold foil? Like Reese's Minis?
I like most nut butters, including peanut butter. Buckeyes are one of my favorite candies. And I like Reese's Cups. The holiday ones are the best, though. Speaking of holidays ... when I was a kid I always got a big chocolate covered egg with maplenut fudge inside for Easter. Yummy.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Gold foil? Like Reese's Minis?
I like most nut butters, including peanut butter. Buckeyes are one of my favorite candies. And I like Reese's Cups. The holiday ones are the best, though. Speaking of holidays ... when I was a kid I always got a big chocolate covered egg with maplenut fudge inside for Easter. Yummy.
No there's some other brand of assorted mini candy with peanut butter cups. Maybe I have the wrapper wrong. I know it's different though, because we had both Reese's mini and these things at the same time.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Who asked you :P

Peanut butter
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Olives

All the above are ****e.
I love all of those, especially mushrooms. My list would be ...

Onions
Cabbage / Brussel Sprouts (because they're little cabbages)
Beets
Strawberries (Because we grew strawberries when I was a kid and one year I ate so many of them I got sick. Once I've puked something out of my nose, I'm over it)
Also, things that should be crisp but get slimy when you cook them ... like bell peppers. Love them raw but won't eat them cooked.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Onions and peppers are like 75% of my vegetable consumption :laugh: Well less onion lately due to high-ish carbs. But they are so good that I still put them in stuff, I just work the rest of what I eat to accommodate the onions.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Onions and peppers are like 75% of my vegetable consumption :laugh: Well less onion lately due to high-ish carbs. But they are so good that I still put them in stuff, I just work the rest of what I eat to accommodate the onions.
I think with onion it's a texture thing. If they're really finely grated, I'm good. But big chunks of onion in something or sliced to put on sammies ... nope.

Reactions: FlightlessBird

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Sometimes it occurs to me that I’m a bit of a human garbage disposal. Things I don’t like.

Cooked cabbage
I’m not big on cooked fish for the most part

I went to a Asian restaurant where you bring a bowl of food and they cook it on their grill in front of you. My friends all had mixtures of everything. My bowl was filled with mushrooms and nothing else. :laugh: I love them.

Yes, give me all the mushrooms.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Sorry, mushrooms are terrible. And I'm a non-PC olive fan, I only like the green ones.

And Pickled Beets are delicious food of the gods.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
When I make my yearly trek back home, there is one place I always go to immediately from the airport:::::: BRIGHTON HOT DOG SHOPPE
screenshot-2016-02-03.jpg

I miss you so much.... please come to me

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

When I was learning how to cook Italian food as kid (Nana was from Napoli), the first thing I learned to make was a proper sauce. At the time, I remember hating onions so vividly that I would refuse to even look at them in the kitchen. So, lo and behold, the first time I tried making a proper marinara sauce without onions, it was terrible. :laugh: Turns out onions give tons of flavor to everything in the best ways.

FYI, my quick and easy tomato sauce now is basically San Marzano tomatoes, a bit of butter, garlic, and then while everything stews together, cut an onion or two in half and let them cook in the sauce. Add some tomato past if you need to thicken the sauce up, then fish them out before you serve. Gets the onion juice, but gets rid of the onion.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Peppi's is my guilty pleasure. I absolutely love it, and I think it's the taste of Pittsburgh - not Primanti's. Pad Thai from Nicky's is awesome. My brother and I have always had this weird thing with the New Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe. They would have "family for..." meals. We would both order a family of 4 meal and polish them off.

Everyone needs to do themselves a favor though - go to Iron Born Pizza in Smallman Galley in the Strip District. Probably the best pizza I've ever had.

Reactions: cassius

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
God, I haven't been there in ages.

As an aside, my girlfriend is in love with WFH foods in the Strip. It's like her slice of Tawianese heaven in the states.

My girlfriend and I eat out a lot, and we always tell people that if they want to eat really well, the Strip is the best place to go. Kaya is one of our go to spots. Roland's is always awesome. WFH is authentic and amazing. Luke Wholey's has probably the best bloody mary I've ever had. Wholey's is perfect food for a boozy afternoon. The S&D polish deli is the best haluski. I don't think the Strip gets enough credit for the restaurants it sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad