OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I miss dim sims from Australia. Last time I was in Australia my Mum picked me up from the airport and I made her drive to 4 fish n chip shops to find one open (it was 10am) to get some dim sims before we went home. Then to get a meat pie from the bakery lol.

Dim sim - Wikipedia

Fried or steamed- steamed is best with some soy sauce.
dim-sims.jpg

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I miss dim sims from Australia. Last time I was in Australia my Mum picked me up from the airport and I made her drive to 4 fish n chip shops to find one open (it was 10am) to get some dim sims before we went home. Then to get a meat pie from the bakery lol.

Dim sim - Wikipedia

dim-sims.jpg
that sounds delicious

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I grew up with way more good restaurants around me than makes any sort of sense considering I lived in the country. I grew up in a town of 5000 people and live on Neville island now, and I still miss the food from home. There were wings, steaks, bbq, italian, bar sandwiches, and pizza within a mile of the house I grew up in that rival anything I have found in the city barring the super high end 100 dollar meal places. I miss Sharky's in Latrobe too. I got too used to having great wings nearby and it kills me that I haven't found any near me here.

The burgers in the city are way better though for whatever reason.
Yeah there's a little coffee shop/bakery kind of place in a small town less than 10 minutes away that has pretty good food but the coffee there is especially good. Most restaurants I find the coffee is awful. Also has a killer french onion soup which I had the other day, really hit the spot when it's cold out.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I grew up with way more good restaurants around me than makes any sort of sense considering I lived in the country. I grew up in a town of 5000 people and live on Neville island now, and I still miss the food from home. There were wings, steaks, bbq, italian, bar sandwiches, and pizza within a mile of the house I grew up in that rival anything I have found in the city barring the super high end 100 dollar meal places. I miss Sharky's in Latrobe too. I got too used to having great wings nearby and it kills me that I haven't found any near me here.

The burgers in the city are way better though for whatever reason.

The best fries I’ve ever had are from some hole in the wall place in... I think Ajax. The owner/cook is an old stoner but some kind of French fry genius. Toronto also has a lot of good diners in the surrounding areas for whatever reason.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
If the wife and I want to go out for a real nice meal, we're driving at least 45 minutes. One of the downsides to living in the country. Actually, I heard on the radio today the place we went to eat on our anniversary was ranked in the top 100 most romantic restaurants in Canada, it's about 45 minutes from the house.
That place I linked wasn’t really a “romantic” date setting.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Dim sim - Wikipedia

dim-sims.jpg

I'm sure they are great and all, but that photo looks as if it just had it's foreskin clipped, and that's the after if you deep fry it.:laugh:

Sorry.....first impressions.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Dim sim - Wikipedia

dim-sims.jpg

Love me some yum cha.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Love me some yum cha.

It’s actually not dim sum. Dim sim is just it’s own singular thing.

My friend was driving us around looking for somewhere to eat and he pulls over at a yum cha restaurant. We told him to put his glasses on because he stopped at the YMCA :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It’s actually not dim sum. Dim sim is just it’s own singular thing.

My friend was driving us around looking for somewhere to eat and he pulls over at a yum cha restaurant. We told him to put his glasses on because he stopped at the YMCA :laugh:

:laugh:

I always thought yum cha was the whole "sit down, have tea, have dim sum, bullshit for 9 hours while auntie plays Mahjong" part, and the "dim sum" was only the food part. :dunno: But I'm just paler than usual white devil who knows only bad words in Taiwanese, so I stand corrected. :laugh: :cheers:

Also, your poor friend. To be denied dim sum is a horrible fate!

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
:laugh:

I always thought yum cha was the whole "sit down, have tea, have dim sum, bull**** for 9 hours while auntie plays Mahjong" part, and the "dim sum" was only the food part. :dunno: But I'm just paler than usual white devil who knows only bad words in Taiwanese, so I stand corrected. :laugh: :cheers:

Also, your poor friend. To be denied dim sum is a horrible fate!

Maybe it is but Australia decided to use the name yum cha for dim sum. I’d never heard of dim sum until I got to Canada.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Maybe it is but Australia decided to use the name yum cha for dim sum. I’d never heard of dim sum until I got to Canada.

I had it the other way around until I moved out of Chicago. :laugh:

My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts because the only food names I know for dishes at dim sum are in Cantonese (because that's what Chicago's Chinatown mostly is). She thinks I'm a spy sometimes. :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I only like peanut butter on salty stuff. Not a peanut butter dessert fan. Don't hate it, but I don't really care for it either.

Also, whatever brand of peanut butter cup makes the mini ones that comes in the little metallic wrappers; those are way better than Reese's. Reese's are like someone blended peanut butter and chalk dust.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Who asked you :P

Peanut butter
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Olives

All the above are ****e.

I went to a Asian restaurant where you bring a bowl of food and they cook it on their grill in front of you. My friends all had mixtures of everything. My bowl was filled with mushrooms and nothing else. :laugh: I love them.

Reactions: vabm8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad