OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I think all of these clamato variations are only in Canada. I already add a bunch of things to my Clamato, but I wouldn’t mind trying them.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Clamato is disgusting. A bartender once sold me on it for a bloody mary. I took one sip and slid it right back at her.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Moe’s is pretty great.

That along with 5 Guys, too.
There's really only a couple of chain places I eat at. Actually, Canes is pretty much it :laugh: I despise ketchup, and usually hate anything with it in it but Canes' sauce is the lone exception.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Aussie pizza - shredded ham, mozzarella and egg (I add mushrooms to mine)

c0c9925bbb8da21b0b3486407d5109fe_1480757254.jpg

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Lou Malnati's pizza is something this Pittsburgher has been craving since his trip to Chicago this past summer.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Me and my girlfriend went on vacation this past summer. We did Malnati's, Labriola's, and Giordano's. Malnati's was the best by far. We did not do Michelada. Explain this pizza to me.

Hahahahaha, no it's a Mexican cocktail that's popular in the summertime. It sound gross on paper, but actually works well and sometimes includes clamato.

How They Make Micheladas in Mexico

I mean, it's all over Chitown too, if you drink in the Hispanic neighborhoods, though. :laugh:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It's all good. :laugh: I miss Burt's Pizza something fierce. That was the best Chitown pizza.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Chicago, but I don't think we did it right. We stayed downtown and walked everywhere. I would have stayed a bit more north of downtown. Speaking of Mexican, Frontera is what dreams are made of.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I wasn't the biggest fan of Chicago, but I don't think we did it right. We stayed downtown and walked everywhere. I would have stayed a bit more north of downtown. Speaking of Mexican, Frontera is what dreams are made of.

Bayless is a hell of a chef. Nothing but love from me there.

Chitown is odd, because it's massively spread out and the public transportation blows as does the parking. IME, it's always better to get a spot in one of better neighborhoods for what you want (e.g. if you want hip food, go Pilsen or Ravenswood or Logan Square) and just uber/taxi/drive as needs be, unless it's the summer.

It's all so neighborhood dependent too, so you get an entirely different experience in, say, Bridgeport as you would in Lincoln Square, even though they're (on paper) kinda the same.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Bayless is a hell of a chef. Nothing but love from me there.

Chitown is odd, because it's massively spread out and the public transportation blows as does the parking. IME, it's always better to get a spot in one of better neighborhoods for what you want (e.g. if you want hip food, go Pilsen or Ravenswood or Logan Square) and just uber/taxi/drive as needs be, unless it's the summer.

It's all so neighborhood dependent too, so you get an entirely different experience in, say, Bridgeport as you would in Lincoln Square, even though they're (on paper) kinda the same.

Yeah, that's what we basically experienced. I came home and the people I spoke to who know Chicago said we did it wrong. I love Toronto, and Toronto is an easy city to find shit to do. Uber to any of the numerous streets with shops and restaurants and just walk. Chicago it seems like you have to pick a neighborhood. Live and learn.

We were so shocked when we wanted to go to the museum of science and industry and it was like a 45 min Uber ride from downtown.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad