OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
No.. it sucks. Badly. :laugh:

Side note: Best burger in Pittsburgh - Butterjoint. Hands down and i've tried every burger you can think of in this city. Tessaros sucks and they don't even have fries.

Really like Butterjoint's burger, but just had one at the Ace Hotel (Whitfield) which is on par.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Heard they got bought out by "Local" what a disappointment.
I never found out who bought them. I just know they fell apart really quickly. We had a great regular waitress who we would text before we left our house and she'd have a table and pitchers of beer ready for us. She hated the new owner and left. So service got worse right there. It got more expensive because she would hook us up (and get great tips). And then the food just got so much worse. I've never seen a place go down hill so fast.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Delicious

Attachments

• 3742921128_524b8cd21d.jpg
    3742921128_524b8cd21d.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 6
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Whats the best BBQ in Pittsburgh? Not sure I've ever had BBQ there.

I've been to Fat Heads a couple of times though, and I have liked everything I've had.

Chips:
ls-1-5-64-rfjo.jpg

Pretzels:
92e99ad7-8bae-4547-89c7-cd06f4f14213_1.843e374ea7ae7611d9f0fc56666c20e2.jpeg
Don't come at me about the Buffalo Chicken or Honey Mustard ones either, because Jalapeno are top dog.

Also, just want to say that I loved P + G Pamela's for breakfast. I'm a big breakfast fan, and that is one of the better ones I've had. The hash was amazing.

Edit: Two more things.
1. Poutine is amazing.
2. I need to throw in my hometown staple. If you ever have a chance to have a garbage plate, take it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
So, one of the many great pleasures of living in Prague is not eating Czech food. If anyone has access to a Georgian restaurant (not the state, the country), I highly recommend it for the carnivores.

518483.jpeg

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Goddamn it, now I really want some khachapuri, and the Georgian restaurant on the corner is full of mobbed up dudes at this hour. Hoisted on my own petard. :(

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
You can’t post this and not explain what some of it Is.

Georgian food. There's lots of regional variants, so some of the dishes look different than what I've had, but it's all amazing.

The pizza looking thing on the left and the egg boat thing on the right are both khachapuri, which is this amazing buttery bread filled with cheese and sometimes spinach, meat, eggs, or other stuffings. The middle looks mtsvadi (marinated pork/beef/veal shoulder) or shashlik (shishkebabs), which are seasoned and grilled. I don't recognize the other pastries though.

Reactions: vabm8

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Reactions: Shaffer

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I grew up with way more good restaurants around me than makes any sort of sense considering I lived in the country. I grew up in a town of 5000 people and live on Neville island now, and I still miss the food from home. There were wings, steaks, bbq, italian, bar sandwiches, and pizza within a mile of the house I grew up in that rival anything I have found in the city barring the super high end 100 dollar meal places. I miss Sharky's in Latrobe too. I got too used to having great wings nearby and it kills me that I haven't found any near me here.

The burgers in the city are way better though for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3